Which CDP to buy

hey - congrats on new speakers and the amp. I missed a lot of action on this forum recently it seems :)

regards

I have got an offer for an used Primare CD21. Will it be a good match with my system (Leben cs300xs & Usher BE-718)? I will use Audioart IC-3 interconnect and TDK speaker cables. My preferred music - vocal (Don williams, Lionel Richie, Kenny Rogers, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Eagle, Bee Gees, Diana Ross, Carpenter, Celine Dion, Katie Melua), Instruments (Guitar, Piano, Saxofone, violin). I have budget constraints and can afford 40k max.

I have got an offer for an used Primare CD21. Will it be a good match with my system (Leben cs300xs & Usher BE-718)? I will use Audioart IC-3 interconnect and TDK speaker cables. My preferred music - vocal (Don williams, Lionel Richie, Kenny Rogers, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Eagle, Bee Gees, Diana Ross, Carpenter, Celine Dion, Katie Melua), Instruments (Guitar, Piano, Saxofone, violin). I have budget constraints and can afford 40k max.

Do be aware that Primares don't have a great reliability record. A friend's primare i30 integrated died twice. The first time it was repaired and second time it got replaced. If you are getting it, double check and make sure it is working as expected.

Arcam are distributed by xproindia.com (Xpro Global Ltd., F'bad).

Sound of Music (Mr. Faisal), N - 61, GK - 1 is a dealer (9810050300).

Arcam were earlier distributed by the Cadence people, but discontinued as their transports could not handle the indian dust conditions and, since volumes were low, warranty, etc., were issues.

The above are as per my last info and interaction, e&oe.

Check out A2V @Saket Select City Walk for options, though you MAY not buy from them owing to their markups. They have a decent setup and listening room.

A2V seems to have shut down @Saket.

Check with Absolute Phase Bangalore and Boomarang Mumbai.An Arcam Diva CD73 may be available.In the price range of under 50K,Arcam Diva/Rega Apollo/Cyrus 8X would be great options.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back