Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Alright friends... Finally I was able to place an order offline... First of all I checked the largest MI store and found 2 stores near me. Nearest was around 5kms and another was around 25kms. Nearest one hadn't the model in stock and another one said that they can deliver but in 4-5 days as they have it in their warehouse. I visited them and after checking it's 55" variant I took the plunge and made the payment by my HDFC Credit Card, offered 7500 cash back on No Cost EMI but they have charged the revised price 1,25,000/-. Now I can't wait to get it delivered. The only thing I am worried about it's 75" size, if it look small, the viewing distance is between 10-14 feet.
Actually earlier I was planning to get a projector but considering that will need dedicated time and environment I am trying it for casual viewing.
Upgrading TV was not soon in the pipeline, 1st was car but reading and following this thread made me to buy TV first. LOL... :p
Checking the 55' variant which is Direct Led and you still took the jump then you will definately love the FALD.
Economy going down, TV prices going up. Sad days.

Yes, actually the quality was amazing and the model was almost identical to 75" one. Gray aluminum finish border (not black) and had Android 10, similar sound speakers and output. So I got the idea that I am on the right track. :D And guess what.... Received a message that it's shipped by Blue Dart.

Guys, very happy to inform that the TV was delivered yesterday and I could raise the installation request today morning. Full marks to Xiaomi on customer service - a technician came today and installed the TV also. Right out of the box, I could make the following observations:
1. The TV is huge to the extent that I feel my 110 inch projector screen becomes highly questionable
2. The picture out of the box is pretty decent with vibrant, punchy colours. I don't want to nitpick on the technicalities but suffice it to say that it will blow most people away
3. For the life of me, I wasnt able to get the ARC working. I have attached my Yamaha RX 475's hdmi out to the hdmi 2 (eARC) port on the Mi tv. I have enabled arc in the avr (option hdmi control on) and similarly switched on hdmi cec in the tv, without which arc isn't enabled. I have set audio to passthrough and it is recognizing a hdmi earc device. But theres no audio coming from the avr speakers. If i get arc working, then, for simple streaming, i can take my shield tv and fire tv cube out of the equation
4. I have gone back to the default mode of using Shield TV through avr for now. I find the picture much crisper and vibrant as compared to the native android tv screen in the tv.
5. I hope Harmony Hub (non-ir) setup has the Mi tv in its database to integrate it into all activities.

Thanks again to various members on the thread whose reviews pushed me towards this purchase. It does look spectacular.
Well please ensure that hdmiarc is enabled in the source setup as the digitial audio for any source (in the avr) which you plan on using the TV and you should get sound

Did changing the cable had any imapct?

@shriharsha.p "Changing the HDMI mode from 1.4 to 2.1" is one of the biggest workaround that helped me sure. Try that out.
Sure, will try this over the weekend. But shouldn't hdmi be backward compatible meaning a lower hdmi standard should be supported by the hdmi 2.1 port? Also, my Yamaha RX 475 supports ARC and not eARC. Assuming this, I have plugged the hdmi cable to port 2 (eARC) in the TV. Maybe a normal ARC port might work.

Cheers

Sure, will try this over the weekend. But shouldn't hdmi be backward compatible meaning a lower hdmi standard should be supported by the hdmi 2.1 port? Also, my Yamaha RX 475 supports ARC and not eARC. Assuming this, I have plugged the hdmi cable to port 2 (eARC) in the TV. Maybe a normal ARC port might work.

Cheers
The TV comes with default setting of 1.4, hence that needs to be changed to 2.1. Dont know why MI is shipping it like that, I wasted 3 days.

Folks, alas all is not well at my end. I have observed a small crack (?) or aberration in the top left corner of the panel. The frame also has slight indentations on both the top left and top right corner which is totally negligible. The crack kind of thing is hardly visible from 2-3 feet away but is sufficiently prominent on closer inspection. This was missed both by the technician and myself during installation. I have sent photos to Mi customer service and they have promised to send someone for inspection today. Till now they have been super responsive. Let me see how this goes. THIS IS A BIG LESSON FOR PEOPLE CONTEMPLATING SELF INSTALLATION with unboxing videos, etc. It's not worth saving the 2-3 days of installation time because of the lockdown. The company may not honour any damage claims.

The TV comes with default setting of 1.4, hence that needs to be changed to 2.1. Dont know why MI is shipping it like that, I wasted 3 days.
Every TV is set like that by default. This is for legacy support as if it's set on 2.0/2.1 mode, it won't work with legacy 1.4 devices. Whereas at 1.4 it will at least work with newer devices albeit at lower speeds.

Folks, alas all is not well at my end. I have observed a small crack (?) or aberration in the top left corner of the panel. The frame also has slight indentations on both the top left and top right corner which is totally negligible. The crack kind of thing is hardly visible from 2-3 feet away but is sufficiently prominent on closer inspection. This was missed both by the technician and myself during installation. I have sent photos to Mi customer service and they have promised to send someone for inspection today. Till now they have been super responsive. Let me see how this goes. THIS IS A BIG LESSON FOR PEOPLE CONTEMPLATING SELF INSTALLATION with unboxing videos, etc. It's not worth saving the 2-3 days of installation time because of the lockdown. The company may not honour any damage claims.
Share the pics. Also, who installed the TV? Did the technician who installed took pics post installation. In my case, the technician even took selfie with the TV.

After hearing such things I worry about yo buy sleek and tiny border TVs, companies should give at least one inch border just for the safety of panel.

Pls keep us updated if they are properly replacing the unit or trying to put the blame on you or are deceitful or dodgy. Very little is known about their grievance addressal and I am curious to know.

Cheers
I'm using EARC on my Sony to connect to an old Yamaha that only supports ARC. Initially sound only worked when I changed output mode to PCM but sound was horribly compressed. Switched back to default sound output but changed the audio signal which was defaulted at Dolby digital plus to Dolby digital and now it works perfectly with great sound. Not sure if the Mi has similar settings but you can check. Older receivers don't support Dolby Digital plus apparently. Hope they fix the issue with your panel soon

Was there a manual that came with this TV?
Nope

@shriharsha.p and others

ARC works fine on the eARC port for me. Under audio option eARC is selected and rest is on auto. I have the tv hooked up to an pioneer vsx 424 which only supports ARC. Whenever there is DTS or Dolby content it detects the codec else it defaults to PCM. Also ARC doesn’t support TrueHD and DTS HD passthrough to the receiver, or at least I can manage to do it via ARC.

The arc implementation is not perfect though I have to turn it off and on sometimes from the receiver for it to work. The internet is full ARC issues because each company has a slightly different CEC and ARC implementation.

I’ve already got the shield, next purchase is going to be a 7.1 receiver with dolby vision + other HDR standards so that everything can be plugged into the receiver only.

The arc implementation is not perfect though I have to turn it off and on sometimes from the receiver for it to work. The internet is full ARC issues because each company has a slightly different CEC and ARC implementation.
I too face this issue while playing apps such as Netflix and Prime on TV. I just toggle between the source and it works ok. However, while using same apps on Firestick it works flawlessly. My AVR is ARC.

Share the pics. Also, who installed the TV? Did the technician who installed took pics post installation. In my case, the technician even took selfie with the TV.

The tv was installed by an authorised technician. Unfortunately, the scratch is visible only on very close inspection. The technician's photo is post installation from about 5 feet away and nothing can be made out. The installation is outsourced to a technical partner and another technician had come today. While he acknowledged the damage, his supervisor was as usual trying to pin the blame saying that it should have been reported at the time of installation. My point is unless you were very close and specifically looking for damage, this is very difficult to spot. Let's see how Mi proceeds on this.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back