A Riddlle for WRman

Wow, baijuxavior, you're good! It is indeed because the soot-faced man saw the clean-faced man and thought his face was clean too, and the same happened to the clean-faced man. The clue is in the "without a word" exchanged between them. And shajijacob, I think that's a very plausible explanation for this riddle also!

OK, a new one! This one's more difficult!

A shop named Eight Handsome Cows has seven stuffed toy cows hanging outside its window The shop owner could have changed the name but he chooses not to. Why?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Nope, a small hint: the "eight" in the sign was actually a typing mistake, and the owner could have fixed it for free but he doesn't want too. :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

It's been a while since people last answered. Maybe this riddle is a bit too hard. The solution is simply the owner does not want to change the name of the shop because he has so many more customers coming in everyday to tell him that mistake on the sign. A bit tricky, eh?

New riddle! Why is 6 afraid of 7?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

It's been a while since people last answered. Maybe this riddle is a bit too hard. The solution is simply the owner does not want to change the name of the shop because he has so many more customers coming in everyday to tell him that mistake on the sign. A bit tricky, eh?

New riddle! Why is 6 afraid of 7?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Because 7 8 9 (seven ate nine)
That's too old one...

7+8+9_456958_3634814.jpg

Oops, I underestimated you guys! Here's a harder one:

There was a father with three loving sons. When the father was old and frail, Death came for a visit to take him away. The first son begged Death to let his father live a few more years. Death abided. When Death came back, the second son begged Death to let his father live a few more days. Death abided. When Death came back again, the third son who was a priest begged Death to let the father live till that candle wick burned out and he pointed to a burning candle. Death abided, and then never came back. Why?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

7+8+9_456958_3634814.jpg

Oops, I underestimated you guys! Here's a harder one:

There was a father with three loving sons. When the father was old and frail, Death came for a visit to take him away. The first son begged Death to let his father live a few more years. Death abided. When Death came back, the second son begged Death to let his father live a few more days. Death abided. When Death came back again, the third son who was a priest begged Death to let the father live till that candle wick burned out and he pointed to a burning candle. Death abided, and then never came back. Why?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

A bit tricky
I think the third son would have blown off the candle after the Death left and that's the reason why Death never came back as the son begged to let his father live till the candle wick burned out not till the candle burned out.

Here is one I read in another forum:

Why is the Great Wall of China one of the 7 wonders of the world ?

Here one from my side ..... No Google plzz ..

What 5 letter word can be rearranged 3 times to get 3 different words each containing 1 more syllable. There is no repetition of letters in the words.

Here another one ...

The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it

What is it ...?

^^ Yep you got that right ..... :) What about the other one ... :)

Here is one I read in another forum:

Why is the Great Wall of China one of the 7 wonders of the world ?

Haha, I've seen this one making the rounds on Twitter. Good one.

Indian11, you are correct. It is indeed because the son blew out the candle before the candle wick burnt up.

To sam9s: hmm, give me a day to flip through my dictionary.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Man, it has been a long time since someone posts here. Apologies to sam9s, curiosity got the best of me. I googled the answer :(

1) aides -1 syllable
2) aside -2 syllables
3) ideas -3 syllables

A brand new challenge:

A Parisian newspaper's headline reads: Worker's Strike to Make Less Money!

What's going on here?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Man, it has been a long time since someone posts here. Apologies to sam9s, curiosity got the best of me. I googled the answer :(

1) aides -1 syllable
2) aside -2 syllables
3) ideas -3 syllables

A brand new challenge:

A Parisian newspaper's headline reads: Worker's Strike to Make Less Money!

What's going on here?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Ahhh,, The workers work at the mint(a place which manufactures coins) and they don't want to be overloaded with work now so they went on strike.

Ding ding ding ding! You are correct, my good sir!

A new challenge:

A man escapes from prison with his girlfriend's help. Four girls are accused of being the man's girlfriend. His girlfriend is lying. Two girls are innocent and telling the truth. The last one is the man's friend who's helping the girlfriend lie. Who's the man's friend?
Amanda: ""Melinda is his girlfriend.""
Venessa: ""Eva is lying.""
Eva: ""Amanda is lying.""
Melinda: ""Vanessa is not his sister.""

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back