Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
After waiting to see this TV for long, finally saw the demo of it on my US visit in Best Buy. It was selling for 850$ , man, i was having fire in my belly :mad:
Megamind was being played from a blu ray player.The pic quality as expected was good.What amazed me was the thickness.It was so slim for the Plasma of that size! (It was a wall mounted one and i found there was sharp bending in the cables at the back due lack of space).

Then, there was this Sanyo 55 incher LCD 120 Hz, selling at the same price.That was awesome too :licklips:

Can any dealer / distributer provide the diwali freebies i.e soundbar , 3D glasses nd 3D shrek now as well .?

By any chance .?? :O

These freebies must have been supplied by Samsung to the dealers per TV set right .? So they may have them still .

Want to buy a 55" LED ....

Plz reply ....

Can any dealer / distributer provide the diwali freebies i.e soundbar , 3D glasses nd 3D shrek now as well .?

By any chance .?? :O

These freebies must have been supplied by Samsung to the dealers per TV set right .? So they may have them still .

Want to buy a 55" LED ....

Plz reply ....

Samsung has stopped providing now, however if the dealer has them on stock, they can sell it as per their discretion. As of now, Samsung do not have any fresh offer as such.

Letsbuy.com could be an option for Delhi customers. They still have price of 64.5k and shipping should be local at NCR.

Try letsbuy.com I also had a brief discussion with VRL for transit damage covered shipping so might resume shipping outside Bangalore if things work well and if it is economical for all of us.

Thanks will get from letsbuy.com since its cheapest I am getting it from there.

Samsung has stopped providing now, however if the dealer has them on stock, they can sell it as per their discretion. As of now, Samsung do not have any fresh offer as such.

Hi Prankey / All,

This thread has been quiet for a while and unfortunately I am a latecomer. I was reading up today and the last best quoted offer in the thread was 61.5 with the glasses and with a finance option. When I enquired with some dealers in Bangalore ,no such offers are on now - not even close :sad: Flipkart / Letsbuy hovers around 65K and that too without the glasses I guess. Does anyone foresee similar pricing/offers ?Maybe some new year/Christmas offers? My D550 wait has just begun...

PS: I was looking for the ps51d8000 or the 7 series but the showroom guys do not know and samsung does not seem to have any plans of bringing it to India either. Does anyone know about these models coming here?

Anyone have calibrated settings for the D490? I'm 30 hours into my break-in using TORCH mode, should be done in a couple of days tops.

Was wondering if anyone on the forums had optimal calibrated settings for Movie / Gaming?

Hi Prankey / All,

This thread has been quiet for a while and unfortunately I am a latecomer. I was reading up today and the last best quoted offer in the thread was 61.5 with the glasses and with a finance option. When I enquired with some dealers in Bangalore ,no such offers are on now - not even close :sad: Flipkart / Letsbuy hovers around 65K and that too without the glasses I guess. Does anyone foresee similar pricing/offers ?Maybe some new year/Christmas offers? My D550 wait has just begun...

PS: I was looking for the ps51d8000 or the 7 series but the showroom guys do not know and samsung does not seem to have any plans of bringing it to India either. Does anyone know about these models coming here?

Is it better to wait for D6900 or buy D550 ?

Hi Prankey / All,

63k is the current best offer without any freebies and I am unaware of any plans for 51" D7000/D8000 to come to India. This year, both Panasonic and Samsung have brought only limited models at each segment which should server the purpose for all.

Prices should come down around mid of December and should go down further for the next 3 months before the model disappears to give way for 2012 model.

I recently saw on Samsung website that the MRP of 55D6600 3D LED has been reduced from 2.0L to 1.83L . So i think prankey can re-negotiate and get a better price for people wanting to buy 55 3d led. Previously it was selling for 1.5 through but now i think it can come down to around 1.3 i guess.

I recently saw on Samsung website that the MRP of 55D6600 3D LED has been reduced from 2.0L to 1.83L . So i think prankey can re-negotiate and get a better price for people wanting to buy 55 3d led. Previously it was selling for 1.5 through but now i think it can come down to around 1.3 i guess.

Yes I can definitely target that price and should get it worked out if someone is interested. I am personally not very keen on LED models of this year though and would rather wait more for 64D8000 plasma to come down to such price levels of atleast around 1.5Lac.

I could not wait till Dec mid, went ahead and bought for 69K including 2X3050 3D glasses+universal remote at adishwar. I know it is on the higher side considering the same combi was available less 7k and will be there again in another 3-4 weeks time.But I decided that sometimes its ok to give in to greed and not think about money alone :D;)He/She/It should arrive anytime tonight and I am upping from a 21inch BPL CRT :yahoo:

I asked for the 3100 but I guess they must have been trying to clear off old stock.So ended up with the 3050GB. Is there a great difference between the two ?

Thanks to this wonderful group for all the input! Guess I will keep coming back with all the newbie questions :signthankspin:

63k is the current best offer without any freebies and I am unaware of any plans for 51" D7000/D8000 to come to India. This year, both Panasonic and Samsung have brought only limited models at each segment which should server the purpose for all.

Prices should come down around mid of December and should go down further for the next 3 months before the model disappears to give way for 2012 model.

Regarding SG-3050 glasses:
1) The glass size is small (if not tiny)
2) There is no side shield to stop light entering from the sides (3100 has a shields on the sides which are always recommended for better vision and concentration)
3) Due to shields missing as said above, there is distraction due to reflections on the glasses (if you have a rear window or a light source).

The glasses are light enough and there are no sync issues. But I personally feel 3100GB will be a better option, if anyone is serious about 3D.

I could not wait till Dec mid, went ahead and bought for 69K including 2X3050 3D glasses+universal remote at adishwar. I know it is on the higher side considering the same combi was available less 7k and will be there again in another 3-4 weeks time.But I decided that sometimes its ok to give in to greed and not think about money alone :D;)He/She/It should arrive anytime tonight and I am upping from a 21inch BPL CRT :yahoo:

I asked for the 3100 but I guess they must have been trying to clear off old stock.So ended up with the 3050GB. Is there a great difference between the two ?

Thanks to this wonderful group for all the input! Guess I will keep coming back with all the newbie questions :signthankspin:

Congrats! If you got the glasses, I might have got the same deal for much less probably around 63k. Always check with me before going ahead with the purchase as the offers keep changing everyday depending on what we get elsewhere.

Also, those 2x glasses might still be available on ebay.com for around 2.5k so that makes it 63k + 2.5k only so 69k is not really justified even for the freebies :)

Last edited:
UPDATE - Got hold of 1 or 2 pieces with 2x 3D glasses for 63k only! More or less Samsung is still giving 2x 3050 3D glasses (extending Diwali offer - as I expected would happen during the last week of November ;)).

UPDATE - Got hold of 1 or 2 pieces with 2x 3D glasses for 63k only! More or less Samsung is still giving 2x 3050 3D glasses (extending Diwali offer - as I expected would happen during the last week of November ;)).

Yes Prankey.....Samsung has extended the offer but are giving only SG-3050....it will be really good if they give 3100.

I think it may not be a proper thread but here there are both DIVASMMM and Prankey.So, asking, Prankey as DIVASMMM told in another thread, it seems LG 50PZ550 is available for 54K with one pair of glasses. Is a similar offer available in Bangalore ? Deal seems to be good for me even with reflections.(It's FHD,3D,DLNA).

Yes Prankey.....Samsung has extended the offer but are giving only SG-3050....it will be really good if they give 3100.
Yes I did check on that, but they only have 3050 on stock as of now :(

I think it may not be a proper thread but here there are both DIVASMMM and Prankey.So, asking, Prankey as DIVASMMM told in another thread, it seems LG 50PZ550 is available for 54K with one pair of glasses. Is a similar offer available in Bangalore ? Deal seems to be good for me even with reflections.(It's FHD,3D,DLNA).
Lets discuss on DIVASMMM's thread, however most probably I can better or match that offer as got hold of a direct LG sales contact couple of days back and will talk with him shortly on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back