Chennai hfv meet- 29th january 2012

srinisundar

Are you ready for 2012 HFV CHENNAI MEET?

Other chapters of HFV are ending the 2011 in a nice note, we will start the 2012 year beginning with an bang with an Chennai meet :)

How about 1st week of January 2012 -7th January or 8th January 2012 ?

Kindly confirm the willingness on the convenient date and gear you can bring and also suggest some ideal venue for conducting the same.:)

Regards

Srini

Srini,

Good initiative - wish you & the other Chennai Meet Organisers BEST OF LUCK!!! :)

FM Musicmaya has given some very good suggestions, try to implement them in the meet for the benefit of all

:)

Musicmaya,

Last few initiative has not picked up much heat and we will keep the ball rolling.

Thanks for your reply and quick roll of suggestions and moreover willing to rope in dealers for demo and moreover an audio engineer who is the most suitable person for this audiophile meet..

To add the dates are tentative and flexible, really look forward to have more members suggestion and participation.

Regards

Members as of now confirmed::

1) Musicmaya
2) Captain Rajesh
3) srinisundar
4) Matbhuvi
5) Kaptan
6)Murali_n
7) beep
8) Thad E Ginathom
9) Sub
10) Vijay KD
11) Madbullram

Note :Will keep adding further on willingness and see for the last post every time for update , since editing will be disabled after 24 hours

Last edited:
Are you ready for 2012 HFV CHENNAI MEET?

Other chapters of HFV are ending the 2011 in a nice note, we will start the 2012 year beginning with an bang with an Chennai meet :)

what say CHENNAI members........shall we rock

Srini don't you think we should a flexible dates in month so that FM can have consensus....

:clapping:.....:thumbsup:.....:cheers:.....:yahoo:.....:D

we can list out a agenda have some technical lessons from a audio designer engineer which i can arrange for...

we can have discussions for stereo, HT, video

we can also have special topics on Open baffles

i will try to rope in few dealers and rep for demoing their products...

Last few initiative has not picked up much heat and we will keep the ball rolling.

The two initiatives last time around were damp squibs only due to lack of clear cut agenda. We must take leaves out of last Bangalore meet and those at Mumbai and Hyderabad and let's build on the agenda. Suggestions from all FMs irrespective of geographical location are solicited.

Clubs or Hotels would be an expensive affair. If we generate sufficient momentum, I'll explore other options, like conference hall of some company etc. Lets see how it pans out.

Hmm open baffles:licklips: Couldn't forget how they sounded.:eek:hyeah:

Let me give a suggestion. The technical guy could probably educate us on the types of speakers, types amps and their pros and cons. A correlating demo with the help of dealer would go a long way in making FMs practically experience what they heard. My two cents.

Last edited:
Captrajesh,

As everybody know you are good in co-ordination /leading and also maintaining an tight vigil over the thread, you can take care of further compiling of Members interest and gear compilations and making an schedule:) So I will give an good backup for you to proceed further:)

Regards

8th or 9th Jan is ideal (Weekends). Pls ensure that we don't plan that during Pongal holidays. I would be (and most of us) out of town as i will be visiting my home town.
-- Lets rockkkkk Chennnnaaaiiii ----:yahoo:

List of equipment's I can bring, members can choose which is prefered:::

Bookshelf speakers with stands : Paradigm Titan monitor or EPOS 5i
Integrated amplifier : Creek Evo or Music hall a25.2
Interconnects : Nordost or Van Den Hul
Speaker cable : Emotiva or QED

Regards

Musicmaya,

Thanks for your reply and quick roll of suggestions and moreover willing to rope in dealers for demo and moreover an audio engineer who is the most suitable person for this audiophile meet..

To add the dates are tentative and flexible, really look forward to have more members suggestion and participation.

Regards

Members as of now confirmed::

1) Musicmaya
2) Captain Rajesh
3) srinisundar
4) Matbhuvi
5) Kaptan
6)Murali_n

Note :Will keep adding further on willingness and see for the last post every time for update , since editing will be disabled after 24 hours

Hi Srini,

I will join in too.

Thx,
B

Add my name too!

There needs to be a cap on the demos/listening tests: something reasonable according to the time available and holding people's attention. The previous meet seemed to have a good balance.

Members who is willing to attending the meet can also suggest how to go about and any specific equipment they want to bring or anything they want to hear which is currently available in market.

Since musicmaya is pulling some dealers we will try to get those equipment in specific if available.

Wow so now Chennai is gearing up for their own meet. :clapping:
Great going. I guess lot of senior guys will pour in.

Like we did, I suggest to create a google doc for filling up attendance and availability of stuff. It will be easy to manage.

Good luck guys. You have got enough time. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back