Chennai hfv meet- 29th january 2012

First week of Jan, I am in Chennai. I am willing to attend the meet if its on First week.
I can bring my Rega CDP and the Bryston Pre amplifier.

Regards

I love to hear both and it will be great..Anybody in chennai have Bryston power amp ?

Just there has been a long low patch where nobody seemed interested.

:eek:

Let me rephrase that, because it is not really either fair or true.

It takes more than interest. It takes a core of two or three people with who have a catalytic nature, good organisational skills, good knowledge of venues --- and who have the time and the desire (simultaneously!) to kick start the thing and to push it through to the day itself.

The main problem for people like that --- is they tend to be busy people anyway.

I never had an opportunity to attend similar meets, and i'm really exited to hear its happening in chennai, count me in :)

Last edited:
:eek:

It takes more than interest. It takes a core of two or three people with who have a catalytic nature, good organisational skills, good knowledge of venues --- and who have the time and the desire (simultaneously!) to kick start the thing and to push it through to the day itself.

The main problem for people like that --- is they tend to be busy people anyway.

Agreed. It is not very difficult to organize an event especially when we have motivation and support from fellow members, but the challenge is to do it while managing our existing work at the same time.

Hi Musicmaya,

Sorry, I hadn't ticked the option of editing by viewers. You can edit the document now.

BTW, I'll bring the following equipment. My Aristas are too heavy to bring.

MarantzCD6003
Acoustic Portrait Pre & Power Amps
Acoustic Portrait MS101 BS Speakers
Cardas Golden Ref Power chord
Yamamura Millenium 5000 Power Chord
Yamamura Millenium 6000 Coaxial cable
Straightwire Maestro Speaker cable
Audio Art SC5 Speaker cable
Audio Art IC3 RCA I/Cs 2 pairs

Regards

Rajesh

Last edited:
Thanks to all and nice response and interest for the meet..

Members as of now confirmed::

1) Musicmaya
2) Captain Rajesh
3) srinisundar
4) Matbhuvi
5) Kaptan
6) Murali_n
7) beep
8) Thad E Ginathom
9) Sub
10) Vijay KD
11) Madbullram
12) Sound of Music
13) matbhuvi
14) mikehcm
15) Niki
16) gannyboy
17) sabarirjpm

Just to once again remind "Captrajesh" the venue can be finalized soon and the place can be suggested by all and the venue can be in chennai city till mahabalipuram- Let it can be an complete HFV outing too). If anybody is willing to give free or at minimum cost they are most welcome. The venue shall be an closed hall or large living room.. The total cost shall be shared between all the confirmed members.

Also please note family guys or bachelors are most welcome to bring their audiophile wife or audiophile girlfriend too(if wrong excuse me- this is to get accustomed with your hifi activities after marriage) too:p

Please PM you mobile numbers to "Captrajesh" for records and fill the Google sheet too.

Regards

Last edited:
Created Google Excel Sheet. Kindly update your records.

Cheers. I've put my name down.

I've added my M-Audio A40 monitor speakers as a suggestion, if anyone wants to check out a computer speaker at the entry level of studio monitor gear. Not what you'd buy from your PC shop, but not exactly an ADAM either!!! ...If anyone's interested...

Also, in the easily-carried dept, I have a Musical Fidelity V-LPS II. I'm sure there will be some vinyl-playing going on, and it might be interesting to compare this budget phono-stage chappie against other stuff.

Last edited:
Guys, sorry for not participating in this before. I lost my mother on 26th of November, and I just completed all the religious requirements that are needed. I had to organise everything and handle my new job at the same time. I was sleeping some 2 hours a day getting my people to come and organising all the poojas etc.

I am in for the meeting. I can arrange the large hall in Gandhi Nagar club if needed, and IF available.

Venkat

Sympathy and condolences for the loss of your mother. Not the easiest time to be starting a new job. We can't control these things...

Glad to know you will still be able to make it.

Guys, sorry for not participating in this before. I lost my mother on 26th of November, and I just completed all the religious requirements that are needed. I had to organise everything and handle my new job at the same time. I was sleeping some 2 hours a day getting my people to come and organising all the poojas etc.

I am in for the meeting. I can arrange the large hall in Gandhi Nagar club if needed, and IF available.

Venkat

My condolences for the loss of your mother:sad:, came to know this before when i called you and because of this purpose I don't want to disturb you in between. Gandhi Nagar club is an good choice and convenient place too and it has a nice big hall. Let the others members chip in for their suggestion.

Regards

Guys, these meets at Mumbai and Chennai are like bonanza not only for the participants but also for people like me who are on shore of the event following them closely and awaiting for the outcome.

I remember there was an odd topic in this forum regarding forming a group of people who can help new audiophiles chose the right gear in.case where the real good stuff is not available for auditioning in the buyers vicinity. Eg, once I found Paradigm Monitor 7 good, I wanted to have a comparative contender like kef but had ni access to them. Ifthe idea of forming a group like this is still alive, I guess meets like these would help a great deal in finding out the volunteers for the auditioning.

Paritosh

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

@VenkatCR, please accept my heartfelt condolences on your bereavement; that's a void nothing can fill.:sad:

Thank you very much for the offer of Gandhinagar Club; I know we can fall back on you. Actually we are scouting around for a more cost effective solution though @Rs. 500/- the club was a good option.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Bangalore to attend the DIY meet there. Will come back and scout around. I've seen that a lot of mid and high end apartment complexes have a reasonably good hall for social activities. If any of the members have such a place in mind, they can probably try to seek using it for a day.

I've noted that some members have posted that they are in but not updated the google document. I request them to post their details for ease of administration.

Last edited:
I am very much excited to attend this meet.
But since I have to join my offshore job on Jan 4th I will loose this
Oppertunity .
My best wishes for the successful chennai meet.

Hi Srinivasan,

Good move.And my condolences to Mr Venkat for his loss. I will keep myself updated about the date of the meet and will attend it for sure.

All the best.
sri

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back