DIY Moving Coil phonostage

Sachin, Please count me too for the GB (full kit). Also could you please arrange a pcb for the CNC (btw, do you have a cnc pcb with the same build quality as B1 pcb?)

Sachin, Please count me too for the GB (full kit). Also could you please arrange a pcb for the CNC (btw, do you have a cnc pcb with the same build quality as B1 pcb?)

Hi Sajith,
no PCbs left for Moving coil PS,not even for me.I will order more boards later if there is enough interest.
I will receive few boards for CNC(with better finish)in this week,let me know if you need one.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sajith,
no PCbs left for Moving coil PS,not even for me.I will order more boards later if there is enough interest.
I will receive few boards for CNC(with better finish)in this week,let me know if you need one.

Regards,
Sachin

CNC = MM only? If yes, I want want too if you can spare :)

No problem,I will keep one for you.Do you also need parts for this?

If you can source parts, I would very much love it if you can include me since you seem to know where to source very good parts (like the Vishay Dale resistors which you included in the HT MC PS). I will have to do a big journey of discovering of the right shops if I have to get such premium parts.

If you can source parts, I would very much love it if you can include me since you seem to know where to source very good parts (like the Vishay Dale resistors which you included in the HT MC PS). I will have to do a big journey of discovering of the right shops if I have to get such premium parts.

No problem I will do that.

Regards,
Sachin

No problem I will do that.

Regards,
Sachin

I tried searching element14. It is so confusing. There are so many drop down menus one has to choose for a simple thing like a resistor. At least in my case, after making what I thought are the most intelligent choices, the final output was a nil each time. I realise that the filters are really useful and it allows you get to the desired part but there ought to be a simpler search function for dummies (me included).

I tried searching element14. It is so confusing. There are so many drop down menus one has to choose for a simple thing like a resistor. At least in my case, after making what I thought are the most intelligent choices, the final output was a nil each time. I realise that the filters are really useful and it allows you get to the desired part but there ought to be a simpler search function for dummies (me included).

Yes that site is very complicated.I order components from 2-3 websites to get required parts.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi there everyone, I am glad the HTMCPS is being liked in India.

With the values of R1/R9, it's to balance the inputs of the opamp, but the values are not that critical. So just use the nearest available value. I am not sure about that cart with a value of 2 ohms though, you will have to try it and see.

Also the values of first stage gain resistors R2/R10 are not that critical either, go to the next nearest value that the calculator gives if you can't get the exact value.

The second stage gain resistors are the 4 x 390ohms (2 of them are for gain and the other 2 to balance everything), if you find you have too much gain you can always "increase" the values of all four which will lower the gain and keep everything in balance.

I have used 470 ohms and 590 ohms in these positions. I would do this instead of decreasing the values of R2/R10 too much to lower the gain and would not go lower than the stock 390 ohm values.

If you want an increase in gain do that in the first stage by increasing R2/R10.

Hope this helps.

Hi there everyone, I am glad the HTMCPS is being liked in India.

With the values of R1/R9, it's to balance the inputs of the opamp, but the values are not that critical. So just use the nearest available value. I am not sure about that cart with a value of 2 ohms though, you will have to try it and see.

Also the values of first stage gain resistors R2/R10 are not that critical either, go to the next nearest value that the calculator gives if you can't get the exact value.

The second stage gain resistors are the 4 x 390ohms (2 of them are for gain and the other 2 to balance everything), if you find you have too much gain you can always "increase" the values of all four which will lower the gain and keep everything in balance.

I have used 470 ohms and 590 ohms in these positions. I would do this instead of decreasing the values of R2/R10 too much to lower the gain and would not go lower than the stock 390 ohm values.

If you want an increase in gain do that in the first stage by increasing R2/R10.

Hope this helps.

HT, Welcome! I am delited to have you here.
Regards

Welcome Hynotoad!

good to have the original maker here :) I am one of those benefitting from your phonostage. And that cart with 6 ohms (not 2) is mine, so was wondering what was the issue? Are there no resistors to match that or gain issues?

Regards

Welcome Hynotoad!

good to have the original maker here :) I am one of those benefitting from your phonostage. And that cart with 6 ohms (not 2) is mine, so was wondering what was the issue? Are there no resistors to match that or gain issues?

Regards

HI Steve 6 ohm is not a problem,two 12 ohm resisters in parallel will make 6ohms.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Hypnotoad,

Thanks for that clarification. Would 6ohms be ok or is that also too low?

Regards

Tapatalking. Look ma, no computer!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back