Fans of Television Series

Hand Of God

A pure gem on APV. I had this on my watchlist after American Gods. This one was a surprise. Ron Perlman (Clay in Sons of Anarchy) as Judge Pernell Harris is the central character. The story revolves around him and his family which includes his wife - Crystal (Dena Delany), son - PJ (Johnny Ferro) and daughter-in-law Jocelyn( Alona Tal). His DIL raped in front of the son and the son in a coma after a failed suicide attempt. Both seasons are knitted around finding the people responsible for the suicide and rape. The suspense in both the seasons is very well hidden. Slow at times, I felt the story was woven interestingly in both seasons. A decent watch. I will finish this tonight.

Hand of God first season was really good. Didn't realized second is out. Lesse if I can manage time to see the second one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hand Of God - Season 1 /..... not bad .... not bad at all ..... even though the Jesus/God/Church aspect is not I can relate to much, but I do believe in God, and the way the story was knitted had me stuck to the series throughout, even though it's slow, infact goes really slow around episode 6-7-8, but overall, enjoyed it. Thanks @Mavrick for recommending. The plot is already explained by mavrick, I will only add, the "who done it" mystery is nicely handled. Even though there were few technical liberties that were taken, and quite a few questions were left unanswered, I am hoping season two will have the answers, coz as usual se01 was left with a cliffhanger ... :) I would give this 7/10.

Hand Of God - Season 1 /..... not bad .... not bad at all ..... even though the Jesus/God/Church aspect is not I can relate to much, but I do believe in God, and the way the story was knitted had me stuck to the series throughout, even though it's slow, infact goes really slow around episode 6-7-8, but overall, enjoyed it. Thanks @Mavrick for recommending. The plot is already explained by mavrick, I will only add, the "who done it" mystery is nicely handled. Even though there were few technical liberties that were taken, and quite a few questions were left unanswered, I am hoping season two will have the answers, coz as usual se01 was left with a cliffhanger ... :) I would give this 7/10.

Anytime bhai :) Glad you liked it. :cheers:

I am a Christian. I understood most of it. The Biblical references and other things. But the way its woven together is nice. The second season is where you'll get most of the answers :) Let me know.

Last edited:
Mindhunter : 5/10

Just started this one thinking that it would be interesting. But its damn too slowwwww for my taste. If you skip an episode, I am sure, you'll still get the connection in the next. There is no actual investigation or crime solving - barring a few episodes, but the interest to know whats happening keeps you on. Kept me on. Anyway - psychological aspects did not hold me much though I finished the season in a day. Feels wrong if I leave the season midway :) :) :)

Now, every episode has something shown at it's beginning and that this has nothing to do with our episode - Nothing! Though we may get an idea of what it could be. But that's the premise I think. What it really means is what I am interested in. And that will be hopefully revealed in the next season. I just hope that the next season is not taking as long as Stranger Things!! :D

The plot is set in 70's. It's based on a true book which deep dives into the mind and understand psyche of "sequence/serial" killers. The brutality of some murders and the way they are described made me cringe in my bed :( I think some of the pics are real - dunno. But the killers are real - Ed Kemper - played by Cameron Britton -(got me sick to the stomach especially the part where he says he threw something in the garbage chute. Listen carefully.), Charles Manson, Dennis Rader, Richard Speck (tortured, raped and murdered 8 Nurses in ONE night!!!), Jerry Brudos (Women's shoes!????)

Worth a watch if you are interested in the psychological aspect of serial killers.

Last edited:
Finished watching Amazon Prime's Inside Edge, which is a Hindi-English TV series produced by Amazon itself. It is about the dark underbelly of modern day T20, and focuses on one season of a T20 team.

This one is a hard one to review. In a nutshell, it is a mixed bag. You will dislike some or even many parts of this TV series. I especially disliked Vivek Oberoi's acting, but to be honest, I never liked his acting much anyway. He has tried to be way too melodramatic. Similarly, there is a gratuitous amount of MC/BC gaalis and sex scenes. The sex scenes themselves are as bad as some HBO serials (in the sense of being needless and not adding to the story), but there is an unncessary attempt at adding kinky 50 shades of grey type needless drama.

Having said that, some of the acting is genuinely good. The female owner of the club, the star batsman, the girl who's the supergeek about all things cricket, and even the veteran spin bowler and the raw "from the hinterland" pace bowler - there's enough nuance and character development and complexity that more than makes up for all the other hacky stuff. You start identifying and rooting for some of the characters, who are messed up in their own way but also show a lot of heart towards the game itself. And how they juggle their lives while also balancing their relationships with their SOs as well as their relationship with the game.

All in all, I would say great first attempt and certainly worth a watch, even if you will have to put up with many idiotic scenes. There's also the dark cloud of matchfixing that provides another interesting dimension to the plot.

Lastly, it also helps that for a Hindi series, the picture quality and production quality is surprisingly good.

^^ Not to, discourage the review and not being judgemental, but I absolutely HATED inside edge, it tries to be smart and witty but falls so flat, that it cant be any flatter. They are trying to show corruption politics sex greed in ipl and corporate world but fail so miserably. All look fake and unrealistic. Scenes are forced upon. Gaaliyaan are also forced and look stupid rather than natural. Performances are so wooden, flat and unappealing, couldnt get through 2 episodes.

sorry asliarun bro, Inside edge was crap for me ... :( :(

Last edited:
Hand of God - Season 2 ... Much better. The show becomes much better in season 2, much pacer, much grittier and best of all, answers most of the questions in the season 1, but also creates numerous more...:) Overall loved it. I google for season 3, and came to know that it's been canceled, and I was so surprised. AMAZON already is so so behind Netflix, HULU and VUDU as well, and still, they do not have the brains to think which show to carry on with. Shows like Hands of God are the ones to stick with. Wish the producers of Hands of God had approached Netflix than APV. I will miss the show. It was really good.....revamped to 7.3/10

Red Oaks :

on APV.

What a delightful little gem ! SO different from the multitudes of morose or thriller shows on any of the Streaming services !
Short 25-30 mins episodes, each one packed with funny scenes and great performances.

Get Shorty that aired on EPIX (Sep-Oct 2017) is pretty good! It's very loosely based on the Elmore Leonard novel (based on which there was a 1995 movie starring John Travolta, Danny DeVito, Rene Russo and Delroy Lindo). It has already been renewed for a second season.

Stranger Things Season 2 has apparently gone live on NetFlix today.

^^ Not to, discourage the review and not being judgemental, but I absolutely HATED inside edge, it tries to be smart and witty but falls so flat, that it cant be any flatter. They are trying to show corruption politics sex greed in ipl and corporate world but fail so miserably. All look fake and unrealistic. Scenes are forced upon. Gaaliyaan are also forced and look stupid rather than natural. Performances are so wooden, flat and unappealing, couldnt get through 2 episodes.

sorry asliarun bro, Inside edge was crap for me ... :( :(

I hear what you are saying. I too found many parts to be tacky. That's why I too have mixed feelings about this series. I thought there were a few redeeming aspects though, such as some of the acting. That's all.

Stranger Things 2

Finished 7 episodes so far. Will post a detailed review once I am through all the 9. So far its the same as the last season. Overall the story hasn't moved much for me even after 7 episodes.

Stranger Things 2

Finished 7 episodes so far. Will post a detailed review once I am through all the 9. So far its the same as the last season. Overall the story hasn't moved much for me even after 7 episodes.
Personally Stranger Things 2 was ok for me. S02 survived due to the lovely characters that were build up from scratch in S01. S02 is like pure Hollywood pulp fiction to me whereas S01 was very smart & talked a lot about the upside down or the netherworld.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back