Fans of Television Series

HUMANS - Complete 3 seasons ... Humans have surpassed all records of a better se02 than first and I was awestruck by lightning when I saw se02 ratings went down actually. Anyway, these are my reviews and who trust my reviews will trust me when I say, SE02 of Humans went all guns blazing. First, this show is not the typical sci-fi show that is usually associated with action, thrill or mystery. This again is Pure Drama, Intense. As I had mentioned in my Previous review, the story revolves around 5 androids (called synth) who are more than just machine AIs and their survival. But SE02, expands the potential exponentially, with so many multiple plot lines. Just the entire horizon of Humans expanded like leaps and bound. SE03 was no different and was a continuation of 02. The look and feel of the show is like the movie AI if anyone has seen, the level of emotions and drama, the show induces is remarkable. The ethical conundrum of a machine with feelings and emotions, real emotions ...... is dealt with class, and things like survival instincts, Survival of the fittest, are dealt with full maturity. Even though the show is Sci-fi don't judge it with technical accuracy (even though the way it's presented is very satisfactory) but the real crux of the show is, how the ethics and principals come to play if we have an android who can feel exactly like a human. The dilemma of accepting.... of choosing between our own kind or theirs....... or if we should even have a disparity as "two kinds" are some of the many aspects the show beautifully deals with. LOVED IT to the core ..... there is a huge jump from 7 to 8.5/10 for this one. .... No idea if a season 4 will be announced. The show is not yet cancelled as of now, so hoping they do announce a season 4. ..Don't miss it

PS : And oh I forgot to add its got a HUGE HUGE twist at the end that I did not see coming ... I mean not exactly the way it came
Which streaming service airs it in india?

+ 1 to Delhi Crime on Netflix. Also "The Crown" on Netflix is superlative. Very well made, brilliant acting and stupendous sets. The excellent music of Hans Zimmer keeps us captivated. I normally dont indulge in binge watching but here I am unable to stop myself.
Agree. I'm waiting for Season 3. Also the 3 part "Fargo" on Netflix was excellent

I do not know if it's been mentioned here but Trailer Park Boys is a real jewel.
It a little slow to begin with but picks up from the 3rd episode.

I finished a few documentary series from BBC that are simply amazing - Planet Earth, Planet Earth II, Blue Planet, Blue Planet II, Frozen Planet. There were a lot of overlaps and repetitions between the series, but they also managed to give something new and breathtaking from time to time. The II series are better than the first because of improved technology to capture things which they couldn't do earlier. I thought the writing (story-telling aspect) also improved in II as it was more engaging.

On Netflix, you'd find Nature's Great Events. I saw this before any of the other series and it has two episodes I loved in particular.

You can also see the latest in the series, Our Planet (don't miss the one-hour Behind the Scenes episode) on Netflix. But, Our Planet not only suffers from some repetition but also pounds on about environmental concerns at every possible opportunity. Some of these segments are well placed, well written and engaging (Walrus segment, in particular), but it also becomes a little tiring to hear for the hundredth time on how humans are destroying the habitat of animals within an 8 hour running time. On the positive side, it has stunning visuals in 4K Dolby Vision and a few awesome new portions.

For me, the best part about all these series is the narration of David Attenborough. His voice is something so soothing to listen to before going to sleep :)

Back with a couple of very good series' - Trapped Season 2 : Its one of the best murder series on Netflix. Add to it the beauty of Iceland. The drama and the eeriness of the murders in a small town is peculiarly balanced by the Icelandic beauty throughout the series. There are some breathtaking locations with snow clad mountains and long windy roads with beautiful views. The second season also stars Ólafur Darri Ólafsson as Andri who is investigating the murders. Injected in the plot is today's reality of making money, whatever the cost. And if you come to realize the truth in it, it hits you. What we are doing with the nature is something unforgivable and its sad to realize this. Anyway, the acting is top class. Olafur is his usual best as in Season 1 and The Widow. Watch it if you like murder mysteries and watch it just for Iceland - Make Iceland Great Again!!!.
Fauda - Season 1 and 2 - Not sure if someone has posted a review here, but this is one series that has garnered good reviews everywhere. I am not sure what the language is but I guess its Hebrew and Arabic. Its based on the Israel-Palestinan conflict and the direction, script, handling of the plot is top notch. Doron has retired from the IDF only to learn that the Hamas terrorist he killed is alive. He is brought back into the fold to kill this terrorist. The attempt to kill Taufiq/Abu Ahmad does not go as planned and that initiates a series of events which leads to chaos (Fauda). Its one of the best series on Netflix. The result of 2 killings in the first season is the premise for the second. In the second season Doron and his team face the consequences for their actions and face their most powerful adversary yet. The season has its twists and turns and has its element of brutality. The beheadings are scary, but what scared me was the "Fauda" when the team goes to capture/kill Nidal at the barbershop and gets caught by the Palestinan mob. Its shit scary. Anyway, its a worth a watch.

Last edited:
Chernobyl - an absolute gem. Not without reason it is at present the top #1 TV series of all time on imdb. Writing, acting, cinematography, background score, everything amazing. Sadly, just 5 episodes and no scope of season 2:(

Here you go @sam9s

Last edited:
There is something called as Hotstar Specials. Well, I watched two very interesting series there. One was City of Dreams and the other Hostages

City of Dreams -
This is directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. To begin with the cast is purely flawless. If you have Sachin, Priya Bapat, Atul Kulkarni, Siddharth Chandekar all in one series, its bound to be interesting. Its about how the power of politics plays out. When Ameya Rao Gaikwad is shot in broad daylight, his two children, Ashish (Siddharth Chandekar) and daughter Poonam (Priya Bapat) fight to keep their injured father's legacy alive. While Ashish has a short fuse and has a different way of doing things, Poonam is a more mild, subdued daughter, wife and a mother. She always said she would be a temporary choice till the time her father gets better. But there are twists that make her feel that she's getting the short end of the stick. The series builds up nicely with the shooting of Ameya Rao investigated by Wasim Khan (Ejaz Khan). That angle has a different story to tell. Its interesting how the characters are built up to narrate a riveting story. Its a must watch. Watch it for Priya Bapat.

Hostages - There is Netflix and APV who gave us Sacred Games and Mirzapur. Then there is Hotstar who gave us CoD and then they dish out a poorly scripted, naively acted and shoddily directed Hostages. Its a cheap and shameless remake(copy) of the Israeli drama by the same name. Watch it and you'll know how different these both serials are. Its difficult to believe that this lame serial is directed by Sudhir Mishra who gave us brilliant movies like Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin , Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, and who was the screenwriter in classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron. The series could have been a major, major hit with the kind of story it is, but fails right from the first 25 minutes and right from the time when we see a loosely tied rope around Parvin Dabas.

Tisca Chopra wastes herself as Dr. Meera Anand. The only expressions I could see on her face was the Botox which was blatantly visible. Her family is taken as a hostage by a gang of 4 ppl, as she is slated to operate on the CM Khushwant Lal Handa (Dalip Tahil). The leader of the gang is Prithvi Singh (Ronit Roy) who has just retired as a decorated cop. Meera's family is her husband Sanjay (Parvin Dabas), a school principal , who has serious financial problems, a irritating son, Shovan (Sharad Joshi)(please study hard and get a day job Sharad), a daughter Shaina (Malhar Rathod), who btw is pregnant and has nothing to do but to sulk, cry and have the same constipated emotions throughout. She looks like as if she is sleepwalking through the role. The rest of the kidnappers — Hyma (Anangsha Biswas), Prince (Surya), and Aman (Aashim Gulati) who thinks he's in love with Shaina — are all so busy sorting out their own issues that they cannot even handle a family of 4 ppl. The kind of faith they have in letting Meera and Sanjay leave at their whims and fancies is just too much. So much so that Prithvi even pays 10 Lakhs to Sanjay to settle a debt *facepalm*. Other things like how Shaina's bf calls her out at the top of his voice in the middle of the night in a post society, how Meera waltzes around in the hospital stealing medicines, asking for patient details, going to the mortuary, goes in and out without being noticed is just - Chu***pa!! I mean how can a kidnapper just remove his mask when Meera says - "says a man with a mask" and off it comes. Too much creative liberties taken to make this a total disaster. What could have been a brilliant thriller just dies down like a fire without oxygen. Its an absolute failure at being a thriller. Give it a miss my friends. Don't even watch the trailer. Watch the original one if you want (IMDB link below). The only thing I liked about this whole shitpile is the house the Anand's live in. The rest is all BS. Drop this. Don't say I didn't warn you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3242480/

didnt like city of dreams as well, I was excited with the name Nagesh Kukunoor. But I left it within first 30 mins .... very formulaic and cliched, Hotstar still has to go miles before they even come close to APV and Netlix. Infact even TVF as better original Hindi shows than Hotstar .....

didnt like city of dreams as well, I was excited with the name Nagesh Kukunoor. But I left it within first 30 mins .... very formulaic and cliched, Hotstar still has to go miles before they even come close to APV and Netlix. Infact even TVF as better original Hindi shows than Hotstar .....
Yes, CoD starts off that ways, but then slowly it takes off. But agreed, Hotstar needs to come up with some really good content. By TVF you mean, The Viral Fever?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back