Fans of Television Series

Hanna | TV-MA | 1h | Action, Drama | TV Series (2019– )
Available on Amazon prime.

This serial has 8 episodes of about 50 mins each. It is broadly based on Hanna (2011) movie that starred Cate Blanchett in a negative role. If you have not seen the movie it does not matter, probably better too, as you wont compare the two!

Hanna, a genetically altered teenage girl raised in the forest and trained for battle by the gruff father figure Erik, goes out into the world to confront Marissa, the wicked witch-C.I.A. agent-evil stepmother who created her. Hanna (played by the young British actress Esme Creed-Miles) is less magical heroine and more 'angst filled' teenage super soldier. The heroes are less heroic and the baddies less monstrous, and their back stories are expanded in ways that make them more “complex” but no more interesting. The mysteries of Hanna’s past are explored in much greater detail, while the sense of mystery never quite takes hold. The writers have tried to mix action with emotion and they mix like oil and water. It leaves the question is Hanna the programmed assassin? Or innocent child of nature?

Worth a one time watch for some decent performances and action scenes.

Season 2 is now on. Watched first three episodes. Taut and engaging. Story takes off from the season 1 ending - Clara has escaped with Hanna. Marissa who helped the two escape is on their side. Enos as Marissa is again a standout! If it was blackbriar, treadstone et al in the Bourne franchise, it is utrax in Hanna. Definitely worth a watch.

Defending Jacob on ATV+ :

a solid 8/10 .
taut story line, murder thriller, great acting from Chris Evans and the actor who plays his son. and the Climax is to die for.

For the third you need a chart.
I first stopped at s1e3 out of boredom. Read rave reviews and again started watching and enjoyed till s2 end. S3 starts the entire story from 0 and I have no patience to watch and understand all the weird relations again :mad: :p specially in the WFH situation where mind is already occupied with 14 hours shifts.

This is a good series if one has time at hand. Hope my future self had already watched it because I'm not continuing S3 anytime soon :rolleyes:o_O

Watching Citizen Khan now

Last edited:
I really liked "The Handmaid's Tale" on primevideo.
Not an easy watch by any means but the acting is a pleasure to watch.

If anyone didnt watched the boys this is the must watch available on prime
I had the opportunity to watch the first full episode and answer a survey about it. It was in Jan 2018. I like the concept and the way its is shaping up. It will be interesting to see what happens in Season 2. I think the US premiere date is Sept 4th or is it a worldwide release? :)

I had the opportunity to watch the first full episode and answer a survey about it. It was in Jan 2018. I like the concept and the way its is shaping up. It will be interesting to see what happens in Season 2. I think the US premiere date is Sept 4th or is it a worldwide release? :)
Worldwide release on sept 4 two episodes will be available on sept 4 , after that weekly episodes , season 3 already renewed

With the lockdown in full force, I dunno how many series I have watched :):):). And with the prolonged absence from the forum, I am not sure if I can write a review for all of them. But there are a few which are like awesome, even on streaming platforms like Voot, TVF, MX player. Let see if I get time to post a few good ones.

I hope you all are safe. Please stay indoors.

Just finished Widow on Prime, the story line is very strong, clubbed with excellent nature view, interesting characters.

One of the best for me was the "Forgotten Army" The series is directed by Kabir Khan, the series is based on true events about the men and women in the Indian National Army (INA) led by Subhash Chandra Bose.

Have you guys realized there are a lot of amazing Non- English series' on Netflix??? Dark and Money Heist aside, there are some awesome Thrillers and Murder Mysteries from Sweden, Iceland, Poland etc. Worth a watch if you like crime and mystery thrillers like me :D

Have you guys realized there are a lot of amazing Non- English series' on Netflix??? Dark and Money Heist aside, there are some awesome Thrillers and Murder Mysteries from Sweden, Iceland, Poland etc. Worth a watch if you like crime and mystery thrillers like me :D
Yes true, I watched Ingobernable on Netflix, it was good. Actress Kate Del Castillo (incidentally, she is the one who met El Chapo if you have watched El Chapo on Netflix) is the main character. Two seasons and I liked it.

Those who like good literature and stories from the Victorian era, try watching ‘Anne with an E’. Linguistic delight, beautiful locale and some very strong acting. A memorable series made with sincerity.

Good thing, it has just three seasons. So you have a definite end. It’s on Netflix.

8AC768AD-AB50-4A77-83B3-9C7DA604C676.jpeg

, there are some awesome Thrillers and Murder Mysteries from Sweden, Iceland, Poland etc. Worth a watch if you like crime and mystery thrillers like me :D
Big fan of murder mysteries :D. I'm currently watching the second season of "Trapped", a Nordic noir mystery set in Iceland. This has got some excellent acting, strong character development, actors who look like they belong to the place and low-budget cinematography. Right from the title credits, we can see how the parallels are drawn using visuals. The soundtrack is layered and melancholic, co-composed by the classical cellist Hildur Gudnadottir (she won the Oscars for the "Joker" soundtrack and Grammy for "Chernobyl"), creates the right atmosphere for the slow-burning plot to unfold.
Those who like good literature and stories from the Victorian era, try watching ‘Anne with an E’. Linguistic delight, beautiful locale and some very strong acting. A memorable series made with sincerity.

Good thing, it has just three seasons. So you have a definite end. It’s on Netflix.

I loved the 1985 TV mini-series, "Anne of Green Gables" and the '87 sequel . Yet to watch this literary adaptation.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back