1. The Golden Girls
2 I Dream of Jeannie
3. The IT Crowd
4. The Jeffersons
5. WKRP in Cincinnati
6. Sanford and Son
7. 227
8. Designing Women

Hit and Run (NF): Set in Israel and America, this is a series which keeps it pace throughout. Barring a few places where the plot loses its narrative, this is a fast paced thriller. There is definitely a second season, so please keep that in mind.

Lior Raz (From Fauda) is a happily married tour guide in Israel. His American wife is killed in a Hit and Run accident. A peek in the details makes it evident that it's not an accident but a murder. He tries to get to the bottom of all this, unraveling a plot full of secrets, mystery and danger. He learns a lot of things which are shocking and intrigues him enough to dig further and put his loved ones in danger. It's the same old Hollywood masala of secrets, lies, murder and revenge.

A Big Little Murder (NF): A 2 part documentary about a murder of a 7 year old kid in one of the reputed schools of Gurugram.

About the series - it's an in depth look into what happened that day. Interviews, insights and other aspects which were reported (I have stopped watching news and reading newspapers since the past 10 years, so am not sure about what the media reported) or not. The first episode is pretty disturbing. I think the makers wanted to deliberately create a sense of shock and fear in the minds of the viewers by showing some uncensored and some faintly blurred photos of the body, and gory description of the wounds and the death by the doctor who conducted the postmortem.
Anyway, this exposes the hypocrisy of our society and more importantly, the callous behavior of schools. There is a huge gap between expectations (of the parents) and reality(of the schools). I think there should have been a third episode investigating the role and the culpability of the school as well. A sad reality of the society that we live in. That's the reason I am practising, promoting, evangelizing Alternative Education, especially Homeschooling!!!

Just started watching a few episodes of Truth Be Told on Apple TV. A podcasting journalist revisits an old murder case that she covered as a reporter decades ago. This is mainly due to the pangs of remorse she feels in the realisation that true justice may not have been meted out on the young man , her reportage scapegoated into being blamed and incarcerated for the crime.
As she bullheadedly investigates, she discovers many disturbing details about the case and finds that she shares more in common with the victim than she had ever realised. The serial has a diverse cast — as seems to be the welcome norm these days — and its subplots have contemporaneous relevance to the social issues of our times.

Last edited:
Gone For Good (NF): A typical run of the mill fare in French based on Harlan Coben's novel. Nothing much to write about. Its a typical crime drama with childish twists and turns. Screenplay looser than an adult trouser on a child and story going in all directions as the fireworks in the sky.
Give it a miss! Seriously!

Shantit Kranti (Sony Liv) : A real gem out there! A Dil Chahta Hai -isque story about 3 friends, each with their own burdens and existential problems. They have only one solution to their problems - GOA! And when they encounter new problems in their life this time, they plan a trip to Goa only to be tricked by one of them and land up at a Eco Retreat near Lonavala. Their 6 days stay there and their discoveries about their own selves and their inner strength forms the part of the story.

With Shantit Kranti both TVF and Sony LIV have a winner on their hands. The acting is superb. Abhay Mahajan (Shreyas), Lalit Prabhakar (Prasanna), Shikha Talsania(Neha), Sagar Yadav (Shinde), Ninad Gore (Chotu) all are naturals. But I think Alok Rajawade as Dinar rises above them all. I loved the dialgoues, the typical Marathi humour and the sarcastic Puneri Humour makes this a treat to watch. Heavily relying on the DCH concept, and the makers do not deny this, this series deserves at least a few seasons after this with the same entertainment and simplicity factor.
It was nice to see Paula McGlynn act and direct some episodes and speak Marathi. Same goes for Shikha Talsania, daughter of the famous Tiku Talsania, though not as fluent as a native speaker.:)

A definite watch if you like light and airy serials.

Hit and Run (NF): Set in Israel and America, this is a series which keeps it pace throughout. Barring a few places where the plot loses its narrative, this is a fast paced thriller. There is definitely a second season, so please keep that in mind.

Lior Raz (From Fauda) is a happily married tour guide in Israel. His American wife is killed in a Hit and Run accident. A peek in the details makes it evident that it's not an accident but a murder. He tries to get to the bottom of all this, unraveling a plot full of secrets, mystery and danger. He learns a lot of things which are shocking and intrigues him enough to dig further and put his loved ones in danger. It's the same old Hollywood masala of secrets, lies, murder and revenge.

Starting watching this. It is not very gripping.

Liar (Voot) - A school teacher accuses a renowned surgeon of rape. Whether he did it or not, we discover this pretty early in the series. The twist in the story is when this surgeon is found murdered in a Bog. A usual whodunnit affair, the story ends on a bizarre note. Spanned over two seasons, its a tepid series to watch.

One Dollar (Voot): Starts with a One Dollar Bill with an identification mark, changing hands. The story is connected by this dollar and whoever has it with them. It also has a connection to a strange multiple murder that happens in a small town where everyone knows everyone. How this dollar bill moves around and how these people are connected together is the story. Personally, it was confusing. But thankfully it ended.

SS-GB (Lionsgate Play) - This is a slow paced detective thriller set in Germany occupied England. Douglas Archer is an SY investigator who is investigating a murder of an Englishman. This murdered guy has his links with the Resistance and that's what makes it more intriguing to the various factions controlling parts of London - Russians, Germans and English. SS-GB is combination of espionage and murder with a little bit of corruption thrown in. I liked the way it was set, a lot of attention was paid to the details to create a post-war environment. The costume superb, the sets awesome and the dialogues punchy. A series with lots of dialogue and less action needs to have weighty lines and punches. SS-GB has that. Sam Riley who plays Douglas has a hoarse whisper kinda voice that adds uniqueness to his character. I wonder if that's his original voice. Highly rated on Rotten Tomatoes, I am not sure if there is a second season, but it does leave us wondering what next after the climax.

Panchayat (APV) - I believe I was late in watching this. But I would recommend this to all who haven't watched it yet.

Potluck(SonyLiv) - A story of a family who meet every weekend for a potluck over lunch or dinner to strengthen their family bond. This system stemmed from the fact that the father - Mr. Shastri is not well and thus its only prudent for the entire family to spend some time with each other. Need of the hour I must say :) Well, with their unique family members - Govind Shastri- Father, Kitu Gidwani - Mother, Cyrus Sahukar - Elder Son, Harman Singha - Younger Son, Shikha Talsania -Daughter, Ira Dubey and Saloni Khanna -DsIL, this series is a like a breath of fresh air highlighting the feeling of togetherness that is missing in our lives today. Potluck is a refreshing family entertainer where a father is trying to bring his family together. Each of them have their own lives to live, but by coming together strengthens their bond as a family. A must watch if you like light and family entertainers.

More to come :-D

Loved Candy on Voot, one of the best scripts I have seen in a Hindi TV series. The acting by some actors was not up to the mark but the script more than made up for it

Grahan on Hotstar. After a long time found something worth recommending in Hindi. Its essentially a love story in the backdrop of 1984 riots. Emotional and impactful story with great performances from lead actors

I see a lot of the webseries mentioned here are not available in India. Do you guys use VPN or any other hack for watching them

The Pact(Lionsgate Play): 4 middle-aged women play a prank on their much disliked boss. They pick him up from the centenary party of their brewery, take him to the woods, tie his hands, pull down his pants and click his pictures. They leave him there, in cold and damp weather. Sometime later, they have a change of heart and go back to bring him back only to find him dead. Who killed him?? Their story should be the same that's their pact! There's a twist in the tale when someone blackmails them. A nice watch with a few characters and good script. Actors play their part and the fitting climax closes the circle. For me it was a watchable fare.

I just started the 1st episode; the cinematography is pretty cool.
Will wait for the full season before getting it. Hate the last gen every Friday release on apple.. Is it 2016?
Why not create good content to hold on to subscribers for 1 more week instead of putting them through generation old tv cycle releases.

Glad that none of the streaming giants follow this approach for most of the shows

Last edited:
Why not create good content to hold on to subscribers for 1 more week instead of putting them through generation old tv cycle releases.
They want you to hook onto their subscription months after months, even though they have countable titles in their library.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back