Floorstanding Speaker Upgrade

sudhishkv

Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade my floor standing speakers. Currently I am using Jamo 506 with Pioneer VSX LX 60 AVR (140w at 8ohm x 7). The following are the proffered ones

Warfadale Diamond 9.6 - 40K
Warfadale Diamond 10.7 - 52 K
Polk Audio RTI A7 - 49K
Jamo ??? (Please suggest)

Thanks,
Sudhish.

S506 is decent speaker. The upgrades you have mentioned are definitely better than 506. But, I am not sure if you should upgrade to any of these speakers. Either you stick to 506 for some more time or spend more and buy even better speakers than the ones mentioned by you as this won't be a quantum leap.:indifferent14:

Cheers!

Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade my floor standing speakers. Currently I am using Jamo 506 with Pioneer VSX LX 60 AVR (140w at 8ohm x 7). The following are the proffered ones

Polk Audio RTI A7 - 49K

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Last edited:
S506 is decent speaker. The upgrades you have mentioned are definitely better than 506. But, I am not sure if you should upgrade to any of these speakers. Either you stick to 506 for some more time or spend more and buy even better speakers than the ones mentioned by you as this won't be a quantum leap.:indifferent14:

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply :)

The reason for the upgrade is... I am not getting the punchy bass from my current setup especially in stereo mode when the sub is not working. I heard the Warfadale 9.6 with Onkyo AVR and it sounded good. Also have plans to buy the Norge gold 1000 and use the pre amp out of the AVR to feed the Norge. Then these speakers can give me what i want... i guess.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sudhish.

why not try your current speakers with the amp?

The reason for the upgrade is... I am not getting the punchy bass from my current setup especially in stereo mode when the sub is not working. I heard the Warfadale 9.6 with Onkyo AVR and it sounded good. Also have plans to buy the Norge gold 1000 and use the pre amp out of the AVR to feed the Norge. Then these speakers can give me what i want... i guess.

Thanks,
Sudhish.

i with Sumit on this one

unless you go a bit up the ladder- maybe a Jamo C 405 or even a 407 i dont see much point
ive audioioned some nice "energy speakers for about 50k if thats your budget
i belibe them to be better than the warfedales and Jamos
if you do lean towards the warfedales i would not spend on the series 10 , i would rather get the series 9

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Sud: I don't have much idea about the SQ of Norge 1000. I am unable to answer this. However, a stereo amp will give you the punch you are looking for from the same speakers. I can bet on that. Stereo amps are far better in music reproduction than AVR's. If your AVR has pre-outs than you can use the pre-out for LR and connect it to the Stereo Amp. Use just your stereo amp and source for 2ch sound. And, the complete setup for movies. I shall let you know the connections in detail once you make up your mind.

Cheers!!

Do you listen in pure direct mode on your pioneer AVR? If you do, you need to setup your front as large since the pioneer does not do bass management in pure direct stereo mode.

power amps will surely give you the punch. Not long ago I was in the same boat.I upgraded to a power amp before upgrading my speakers. for e.g the Polk RTiA7 will sound better with a power amp that with the AVR.

lol, if youre, a bassfreak like me, look no further than the jamo s718. things a monsters - delivers all the freq's with one exception - upper mids are slightly weak but mids lowers mids lows and highs are damn good for the price.

If you like bass, I'd definitely recommend you audition the RTI A7.

I have then in a 400+ sq ft room aand there's an abundance of LF!

and plays well with an HT reciever

Hi All,

Polk Audio RTI A7 - 49K

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Please add Q Acoustics 2000 Series - 2050 in your audiotioning list...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back