Good Quality Hindi Vinyl Pressings

Hi saket,

How about sadma, I have not heard it.

N.Murali

sadma.jpg

Great composition, great orchestration, great vocals (Suresh Wadkar, Yesudas, Asha). "Aye zindagi" & "Surmai Ankhiyon mein" are my all time favorites.

Lawaris also quite good pressing and recorded in multi-track.

Yes, lawaris recording & pressing is good. However, about the recording, probably the songs "mere angne mein' both versions were recorded at HMV studions & hence sound better than the other tracks in the album. Glad to have it.

THanks,
saket

sadma.jpg

Great composition, great orchestration, great vocals (Suresh Wadkar, Yesudas, Asha). "Aye zindagi" & "Surmai Ankhiyon mein" are my all time favorites.

Hi baskarcan,

No doubt that's the Ilaiyaraaja's trademark. :clapping:

Thank you for posting the LP cover image.

N.Murali

Being a loyalist to R.D.Burman, I can recommennd these vinyls for superb listening pleasure. Although Panchamda was very particular about all his recordings, these vinyls would be worth special mention. Some expensive vinyl market price (Kolkata) have also been quoted here.

HMV LP

Dil Padosi Hai (Double LP - very balanced recording, mint condition price around 10,000), The Burning Train (mint copy price around 800), Gurudev (the first pressing without cover-price around 6,000) Alibaba Aur 40 Chor (500), Chor Police (2,500) ,Sitamgar (mono recording, 600) , Hum Kisise Kum Naheen (mint 800) , Kaun? Kaise?? (mono recording *** - 3,500), Lava, Masoom (mono recording), Swami Dada

HMV EP:

Devata, Red Rose, Rang Birangi

Music India / Polydor LP - All these are superb.

Abdullah , Ameer Aadmi Ghareeb Aadmi, Duniya, Mahaan, Pukar, Rocky, Saagar, Sanam Teri Kasam, Shaan, Shalimar, Sholay

CBS LP

Andar Baahar (very balanced recording), Ram Tere Kitne Nam

Pink Sound LP

Jagir

The Oriental Record Gramaphone Record Co.

Karishmaa

T-Series

Zabardast, Samundar

Will come up with few more.

Karz (Laxmikant Pyarelal), Disco Diwane, Star also sounds heavenly.

Sourav

Last edited:
Good that you mentioned some works that are not too famous i guess, but anyways some would appeal to people out here.

Regards,
Saket

Just as a matter of bring technically correct: vinyl records are not pressed but cut; pressing applies to modern audio and video discs that have essentially a plastic disc as a base.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Just as a matter of bring technically correct: vinyl records are not pressed but cut; pressing applies to modern audio and video discs that have essentially a plastic disc as a base.

I appreciate your knowledge about how a MASTER is made but what i know, these masters are used to manufacture 'stampers' and these stampers 'stamp' or press molten vinyl to manufacture LPs that we have at home. So precisely, we can associate the word 'pressed' with an LP, however, it is not uncommon to come across dialects using the word 'cut' while referring to an LP recording (or may I use...pressing);).

Thanks & Regards,
Saket

Compared to other Indian mastered vinyls and regardless of music it contains with repeated listening I find (1) Chala Wahi Desh (2) Begam Akhtar in memorium (3) Ghar (4) Gharonda (5) Ankahee interesting. Other worth listening are Saath Saath, Guide, Bandini/Sujata. Most other are already posted. :)

Side note : Vinyls to avoid are (33 rpm) Yadon Ki barat, Abhimaan, Daag, Ajnabee/Amanush. Few with message like "To preserve the authenticity this vinyl is produced as it is" I think they have half circle on front with Title "Hits of Suman Kalyanpur" or something. Will check and post.

Regards

Disco Dancer LP...esp the track yaad aa raha hai tera pyar has been recorded better than anything I have heard on an LP probably. Excellent Instrument clarity & vocals are as crisp as anything.
FMs Give it a try & let me know your experiences

Baton baton mein- large size 45 rpm disc

This is another very lively and sweet sounding vinyl.
Recently I downloaded the 320kbps mp3 of the album from flipkart and it turned out to be totally lifeless.

Baton baton mein- large size 45 rpm disc

This is another very lively and sweet sounding vinyl.
Recently I downloaded the 320kbps mp3 of the album from flipkart and it turned out to be totally lifeless.

Most of the 45 rpm Lp's sound good. Maybe because of higher friction due to higher speed. Even much forgiving to the surface noise. Try Golmal, Ghar, Masoom, Gharonda, Swamy....... they all have nice SQ.

Bhaskar

Most of the 45 rpm Lp's sound good. Maybe because of higher friction due to higher speed. Even much forgiving to the surface noise. Try Golmal, Ghar, Masoom, Gharonda, Swamy....... they all have nice SQ.

Bhaskar

45 rpm records are known as "Extended Play (EP)" records. :cool:

I have never seen a 12" 45 rpm record. But that's ok.

They do exist. I have some - Melody Gardot's Worrisome Heart and Jamie Callum's The Pursuit are two examples I have.

Maybe because of higher friction due to higher speed.
On the contrary audiophiles prefer 45 rpm because when tonearm moves towards the center the stylus covers more distance compared to 33.3 rpm, so frequency response is more efficient.

Inner tracks are achilles heel of vinyl records :indifferent14:
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back