Good Quality Hindi Vinyl Pressings

Yes, Talat and Lata sound fantastic in the 'Sagai' number - hear the other
numbers as well. Also, 'Patanga' is another fantastic C.Ramchandra recording, as is the 'Azad' LP. Unfortunately, CR's 'Anarkali' LP is a weak-sounding one - his full genius is exhibited in this film. Most readers might know the famous story - he was concentrating lovingly on the movie 'Jhamela' ( not sure whether he was involved in its production or not ; and one of the more well-known songs of this film is Lata's "apna pata bata de, ya mere paas aaja, dil hai udaas aaja " ) polishing and re-polishing his compositions for this film over quite a period of time. During this phase, Filmistan Studios approached him for the Anarkali score. Impatient, but agreeing to deliver the songs quickly, he got the Anarkali score done in flat 25 to 20 days, never expecting them to be all-time legendary compositions. While Jhamela just bit the dust..... The Vagaries of Fate....

CORRECTION to ABOVE POST : My Apologies. The song 'apna pata bata de,
ya mere paas aaja' is from CR's film Shagufa. The song I wanted to mention from Jhamela is Lata's "Kaahe Naina Lade". Thanks.

Welcome Partha to this beautiful world. O Babua sounds excellent in vinyl for sure.

Best wishes for you hunt at Wellington. Unfortunately the market has dried and good conditions are being quoted at astronomical high prices if available.

Sourav

@souravin
Rightly said. The vinyl market had dried up. But it seems to me that it will revive in near future as people who had poor experience of listening to digital media for the old numbers as also the compressed music are slowly returning back to vinyl. Although it's just initiation i think it will catch up. The companies like HMV should catch up now and slowly look into and tap the re-emerging vinyl market. With proper marketing and the goldmine of songs this company is having they can help to revamp the dying vinyl. Loving this forum by the way.
Regards

@souravin
Rightly said. The vinyl market had dried up. But it seems to me that it will revive in near future as people who had poor experience of listening to digital media for the old numbers as also the compressed music are slowly returning back to vinyl. Although it's just initiation i think it will catch up. The companies like HMV should catch up now and slowly look into and tap the re-emerging vinyl market. With proper marketing and the goldmine of songs this company is having they can help to revamp the dying vinyl. Loving this forum by the way.
Regards

I doubt on how HMV Saregama will catch the trend and put emphasis on producing vinyls. They have moved into digital downloads and floated their website in line with their objective. It would really be dream of seeing vintage Indian Music releasing in vinyl format. What US and UK could do regarding preservation of master tapes and ancillary are completely missing here from our beloved recording company. Even remastering and transfer are done poorly. However keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Sourav

..... But man once I put my pin on track of this song my concept about vinyls changed. What a song and excellent arrangement and mixing - one listen to the song, i am in heaven.

I had a smile while reading this since this is the exact same reason I got into vinyl as well. I somehow never enjoyed Hindi music on CDs and was hardly listening to them unless it was a low resolution setup. One time I heard a vinyl..for me it was Kinara ..and I knew I was hooked.
I use vinyl primarily for Hindi and digital for most of everything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly vinyl for older hindi film songs and CD for others. BTW any thread for phono cartridges. I couldn't find any. I am on AT95E. Thinking of buying a new one basically for listening to hindi songs in vinyl. Stuck between SHURE M97XE or NAGAOKA MP-110. Don't want to discuss it here. Put the link of anyone knows or i will open a thread.

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using Tapatalk

I have seen some old hindi titles such as Silsila, Mother India etc. in Amazon.in. Are they reissues r old one. Did somebody try these?

I bought some records from the Delhi seller directly (India VINYL records.com) . Arrived today. Listening to them.
1. Zameen aasman CBS pressing, sold as new and seems so too. Good pressing and enjoyable listening.
2. Mehbooba emi pressing, sold as new, not yet heard.
3. Harjaee, emi pressing, satisfactory recording., Sold as new.
4. Agar Tum Na hote, CBS, sold as old, good condition, not yet listened.
5. Sitamgarh, emi, no need to write about pressing. Sold as old. Condition good.
Total I had to pay 4725, after 10% discount and free shipping. Records were well packed, delivered through speed post and reached me in time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just got some from indianvinylrecords/ngh

1) Taare Zameen Par - very good quality
2) Rang de basanti - Not much enjoyed it feels CD was better any comments?
3) Hum Aapke hai kaun - yet to listen

All were new, good packing ordered yesterday post lunch and got it today around lunch time :)

Can anybody throw some light on pressing quality of DHUAN, specially phir aankh phaki sanam. The .wav file from saregama is a trash, particularly in the latter stages of the song.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Can anybody throw some light on pressing quality of DHUAN, specially phir aankh phaki sanam. The .wav file from saregama is a trash, particularly in the latter stages of the song.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Dhuan LP quality is excellent. It's a 45 rpm LP. Go for it. Saregama quality is below par.

Sourav

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back