Good Quality Hindi Vinyl Pressings

Bought a few more LPs of which i found QAYAMAT (1983 by Panchamda) outstanding. Superb sound quality although pressing is MONO(?). Aaj qayamat ho gai by ASHA is an excellent creation. Alas this was neither a the then hit nor very popular now also. All four songs are good numbers and worth listening in vinyl format.
Regards

Bought a few more LPs of which i found QAYAMAT (1983 by Panchamda) outstanding. Superb sound quality although pressing is MONO(?). Aaj qayamat ho gai by ASHA is an excellent creation. Alas this was neither a the then hit nor very popular now also. All four songs are good numbers and worth listening in vinyl format.
Regards

There is another nice track from Qayamat, Udhar Se Tumko Jo Phursat Mili rendered by Asha Bhosle. It's a mujra genre and sounds so fine.

Do try out Lava and Manzil Manzil LPs. You may like those.

Thanks,
Sourav

Generally speaking Songs which we like sound good due to bias (myself included:p). But do give a listen to various pressings even if you don't like or that album have okiesh songs.
Miraj-e-ghazal of Asha Bhosale and Ghulam Ali is nicely recorded. Another good pressing is Dil-E-Nadan (a Rajesh Khanna starer) has one good(OK) song 'chandani raat mein' and couple of others which to my ears is a well pressed/mastered record. Mehbooba again a Rajesh Khanna starrer pressing/mastering is very good. Mind you I only judge pressing by loudness and clarity of midrange it presents as my hearing is not good.
Regards

Generally speaking Songs which we like sound good due to bias (myself included:p). But do give a listen to various pressings even if you don't like or that album have okiesh songs.
Miraj-e-ghazal of Asha Bhosale and Ghulam Ali is nicely recorded. Another good pressing is Dil-E-Nadan (a Rajesh Khanna starer) has one good(OK) song 'chandani raat mein' and couple of others which to my ears is a well pressed/mastered record. Mehbooba again a Rajesh Khanna starrer pressing/mastering is very good. Mind you I only judge pressing by loudness and clarity of midrange it presents as my hearing is not good.
Regards

I love Meraz-E-Ghazal, though I am looked upon as a noob by dedicated ghazal lovers who feel this album is nothing about ghazal. BTW I have this dual album in my potential vinyl purchase list but not getting at appropriate price. Would love to hear "NAINA TOSEY LAGEY" in vinyl - I love the song. Thanks @Hiten for your valuable addition.
Regards.

Roodad e mohobbat, dard jab teri ata hai, gaye dinon ka surag lekar are also great from Meraz E Ghazal

I love Meraz-E-Ghazal, though I am looked upon as a noob by dedicated ghazal lovers who feel this album is nothing about ghazal.
No music should be looked down upon; except Heavy Metal and current bollywood stuff. (Just kidding :p). Enjoy listening what you like. I absolutely don't know about indian classical music but I listen to composition which I like. Some times I listen to AC/DC too.

Vansh (1992) is not at the same level of recording quality but is comparatively good. Intimate moments-Yesudas compilation is also ok but I think some songs have echo added which gives false impression of quality. May be others will confirm.
Regards

No music should be looked down upon; except Heavy Metal and current bollywood stuff. (Just kidding :p). Enjoy listening what you like. I absolutely don't know about indian classical music but I listen to composition which I like. Some times I listen to AC/DC too.

Vansh (1992) is not at the same level of recording quality but is comparatively good. Intimate moments-Yesudas compilation is also ok but I think some songs have echo added which gives false impression of quality. May be others will confirm.
Regards
Man you really is reviving my music memories. VANSH is an album which i had a cassette and listened to frequently. I love the songs, very melodious. BTW i don't have a CD. Is the album available on record? A few such numbers which are not very common are,
Pyar mein sauda nahin, composed by AMAR UTPAL. I have an EP record.
AHSAAS by Bappida - great songs. I have an EP too.
Is Raat ki Subah Nahin, probably by MM Kreem, i love the number KUCH TUM KAHO.
I am in search of LPs forall the above albums.
Netri vitta nerul , a non Hindi song i don't understand a word but i like the melody and rhythm. Probably by illyairaja. Anybody can suggest me similar non Hindi songs, please PM me as i don't want to hijack this thread.
Regards

^ I have Vansh on Audio Cassette, CD and Vinyl
LP also sounds awesome as CD, not like usual Tips LP quality... far superior. I have noticed one things is... White Label Tips LPs sounds better than Red Labels.
Songs I love are:
Aake Teri Baahon Mein
Yeh Bindiya
Main To Deewani Huyi

> I have AHSAAS LP for sale, will put that in sale section soon.
> IS RAAT KI SUBAH NAHIN, CD I have is with Aur Ek Prem Kahani (Naina, Bole Naina) on Melody/Plus Music, and the song you are referring is 'Chup Tum Raho'
My favorites are
Chup Tum Raho (MM, Chitra)
Mere Tere Naam Naye Hain, Dard Purana Hai (SPB)
Jeevan Kya Hai Koi Na Jaane (MM Kareem)
It was not released on LP though

^ I have Vansh on Audio Cassette, CD and Vinyl
LP also sounds awesome as CD, not like usual Tips LP quality... far superior. I have noticed one things is... White Label Tips LPs sounds better than Red Labels.
Songs I love are:
Aake Teri Baahon Mein
Yeh Bindiya
Main To Deewani Huyi

> I have AHSAAS LP for sale, will put that in sale section soon.
> IS RAAT KI SUBAH NAHIN, CD I have is with Aur Ek Prem Kahani (Naina, Bole Naina) on Melody/Plus Music, and the song you are referring is 'Chup Tum Raho'
My favorites are
Chup Tum Raho (MM, Chitra)
Mere Tere Naam Naye Hain, Dard Purana Hai (SPB)
Jeevan Kya Hai Koi Na Jaane (MM Kareem)
It was not released on LP though
Yeah CHUP TUM RAHO. my bad. Losing memory. Old age (54) symptoms. I am interested in ahsaas lp. Let me know the terms through PM

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

1942 A Love Story LP is now available on amazon; any comments on the quality of this vinyl pressing? Is it good to buy?
Thanks

I like the quality of the previous pressing. It's good.

Thanks,
Sourav

I purchased two numbers from the recently launched records. 1942... and kabhie kabhie. Kabhie -2 is a sheer crap. Dullest recording in vinyl I have ever heard. Songs appear to be completely stripped off the dynamics and body. Absolute waste. 1942... is better but I think not anywhere near what it should have been considering they the original was released in 90s. And as Sourav had pointed out that the original pressing should be better than this. I have not heard the original though. Anyway the 1942... Is at least listenable. But Kabhie Kabhie in one word is horrible. One of my friends bought Mughal E Azam and he is more upset and more critical than me. So please give a thought before buying the re-pressed vinyls.
However this is solely my viewpoint, someone may enjoy.
Regards
Partha

I purchased two numbers from the recently launched records. 1942... and kabhie kabhie. Kabhie -2 is a sheer crap. Dullest recording in vinyl I have ever heard. Songs appear to be completely stripped off the dynamics and body. Absolute waste. 1942... is better but I think not anywhere near what it should have been considering they the original was released in 90s. And as Sourav had pointed out that the original pressing should be better than this. I have not heard the original though. Anyway the 1942... Is at least listenable. But Kabhie Kabhie in one word is horrible. One of my friends bought Mughal E Azam and he is more upset and more critical than me. So please give a thought before buying the re-pressed vinyls.
However this is solely my viewpoint, someone may enjoy.
Regards
Partha

Oh man just brought 1942, DDLJ & Dil to pagal hai yet to listen. fingers crossed

Oh man just brought 1942, DDLJ & Dil to pagal hai yet to listen. fingers crossed
Just share your experience over here. I think your experience will not be as bad as KK and MeA. Better if you can compare with old original pressings if you have access to that. Best of luck.

Just share your experience over here. I think your experience will not be as bad as KK and MeA. Better if you can compare with old original pressings if you have access to that. Best of luck.

It is OK may be due to some issues with my phono pre it didn't sound good. My take on older one like KK & MeA as previous releases are available in good condition and fair price I would go for that. However for 1942 etc the previous release prices are way beyond my reach.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back