Good Quality Hindi Vinyl Pressings

Today played the Hits of Arijit Singh LP. Very well recorded and wonderful collection of songs. Absolutely loved it.Any feedback on Umrao Jaan LP ?
Thanks.

IMHO, Do not go for Saregama newly released lps. Today i bought DDLJ (also wrapped) and returned. Because, earlier cassettes would be better than new lp SQ.

Anybody please throw some light on pressing quality of IKRAAR & DILSEY MILE DIL. I am thinking of buying both of them. Marvellous compositions by BL and sung by Lata, Kishore, Rafi. Specially "Tum Samney Mere" by Lata in IKRAAR is incomparable.
Regards
Partha

prepress, thanks a lot. The information regarding the distinctive physical differences between the First press and the Second press of the records. Easily can be identified. Is this the type of differences present on all the other labels? Thank you,
Regards.

^ For Odeon it is easy identification. Another sign is its thickness. Later pressed were too thin and less in weight. You can find some thin Odeon LPs which were never released on thick/double ring Odeon were released on Angel first.

> For EMI, you can identify first pressing with color dog logo. But later they released all first pressings with normal black logo with only difference of thickness. First pressing was heavier than second/later pressings. Some were released colored LP for first pressings. In late 80's-early 90's, they released mostly thin LPs even for first pressings (Bekhudi, Kal Ki Awaaz, Chandni, Maine Pyar Kiya etc).

> Polydor had thick/thin thing too.

R-2151049-1430403610-9933.jpeg.jpg

Jacket can also give indication of first or second press. For example trifold cover of Kabhi Kabhi will normally be first press. Later pressings were in double jacket or single jacket. Kinara first press is double fold jacket. Later presses are single jackets. This jacket thing is especially true for releases between 1975 to 1980

True, Mostly first pressings (later ones after 1970) had bookfold and gatefold covers. Even some are specially designed or with special inks... Kranti (with some pages), Satyam Shivam Sundram, Prem Rog, Trishul, Naseeb, Shaan, Rocky, Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahin etc are few names.

Anybody please throw some light on pressing quality of IKRAAR & DILSEY MILE DIL. I am thinking of buying both of them. Marvellous compositions by BL and sung by Lata, Kishore, Rafi. Specially "Tum Samney Mere" by Lata in IKRAAR is incomparable.
Regards
Partha

Hi Partha,
Both Ikraar (45 rpm LP) and Dil Se Miley Dil (33 rpm LP) are excellent records. Ikraar has excellent gain. I love that album, not only for Lata's classic solo, but also for Rafi's magical "saathi re gham nahi karna" and also the amazing club number "humse nazar to milao" by Usha M. Plus the extra piano clip they added on Side B. If you like the seventies and early eighties melodies, you must go for this LP.
Dil Se Miley Dil needs not intro or discussion. It is a great album. Go for the gatefold cover, it is indeed very colourful and a collector's item.

Regards
Atanu

Hi Partha,
Both Ikraar (45 rpm LP) and Dil Se Miley Dil (33 rpm LP) are excellent records. Ikraar has excellent gain. I love that album, not only for Lata's classic solo, but also for Rafi's magical "saathi re gham nahi karna" and also the amazing club number "humse nazar to milao" by Usha M. Plus the extra piano clip they added on Side B. If you like the seventies and early eighties melodies, you must go for this LP.
Dil Se Miley Dil needs not intro or discussion. It is a great album. Go for the gatefold cover, it is indeed very colourful and a collector's item.

Regards
Atanu

Exactly. Sathi Rey by Rafi Saab is magical. I don't remember the USA M number. Ordered both if them and will receive them shortly. Thanks for your update
Regards
Partha

Hi friends,

Anybody heard 1942 ALS in new pressing? particularly Side two Kuch na Kaho (SAD) song. Whats this sound like degraded audio cd? or is this problem only my LP?

Thanks
Ramesh

Just got my copy of Dil Padosi Hai vinyl today. SONY DADC version. Got it for 2800/- from my local dealer. Not heard the original version but the sound quality of this reissue is quite good. Slightly on the warmer side (in comparison to the CD), smooth sounding, devoid of harshness and full bodied. Liking this.
Let us wait for expert opinions. Better still, if persons having both the copies can elaborate more.
Regards

@Partha: That's great...finally!! Congratulations...
I ordered on amazon.in long time back, seems a mistake as the shipment not yet started and can only expect to get it at the end of June.

Just got my copy of Dil Padosi Hai vinyl today. SONY DADC version. Got it for 2800/- from my local dealer. Not heard the original version but the sound quality of this reissue is quite good. Slightly on the warmer side (in comparison to the CD), smooth sounding, devoid of harshness and full bodied. Liking this.
Let us wait for expert opinions. Better still, if persons having both the copies can elaborate more.
Regards

Yes, I too compared the new LP with the CD. The LP is better, though it does have a clear digital sheen to it. If I get time I would like to compare it with the original cassettes some time.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Raga Jazz Style (Shankar Jaikishan) has been reissued. The new pressing is by a German company and mastered from the original tapes on 180gm vinyl. Pressed at Pallas. Red dog black label has been reproduced for this pressing as well as the original cover art on a very nice textured matt sleeve. It sounds superb (from a very quick listen).

Additionally Gumnaam (Shankar Jaikishan) has also been rereleased in the EU and US. It was great to be able to pick up this LP at a decent price. Pressing is great and I can only compare with the CD but it sounds fresh and detailed. I will post proper reviews of both LPs when I have time.

I am Interested in Buying Dil To Pagal Hai Vinyl From Amazon.in Anyone bought from amazon, other buying options with a better quality info would be very valuable...

m_007, could you pl give a link to an online store from where you purchased it? Could not find it at the usual suspects

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back