Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

no probs ranjeet..there are 2 sides to any coin.

Its all upto the delhi folks and to you to organize the event.

Was only chipping in with my 2 rupees :))

mpw

I have been thinking about what stuff could I bring. I can contribute one, two or all items from the following list.

(1) Odyssey Stratos Amp
(2) Denon AVC-A1SRA Amp
(3) Some cables, interconnects
(4) Music CDs
(5) Nikon D90 or a Nikon D3 camera for photographing people and gear :D

Fence sitter ...??? Means? .... is it bekaar or overhead? Am losing touch with the English language :sad:.

Agree to what ranjeetrain stated .... just the below 4 categories .. and ONE or max. TWO tracks of each category. Just about the only way to find the 'average' capability of each denoted combination of equipments. Yes, it might get boring ... say, after maybe 2-3 hours of continuous hear ....
"(1) Indian Classical
(2) Indian Popular
(3) Western Classical
(4) Western Popular"

I have been thinking about what stuff could I bring. I can contribute one, two or all items from the following list.

(1) Odyssey Stratos Amp
(2) Denon AVC-A1SRA Amp
(3) Some cables, interconnects
(4) Music CDs
(5) Nikon D90 or a Nikon D3 camera for photographing people and gear :D

Do get one of the two Nikons and take some nice shots :)

Yes we need music cd's, get whichever ones you like, maybe you can listen to it. on a setup that you liked.

IC & Cables, definitely, for your own interest and maybe others. Are they any specific brands or diy?

I think people would probably like to hear the stratos.

Fence sitter ...??? Means? .... is it bekaar or overhead? Am losing touch with the English language :sad:.

Agree to what ranjeetrain stated .... just the below 4 categories .. and ONE or max. TWO tracks of each category. Just about the only way to find the 'average' capability of each denoted combination of equipments. Yes, it might get boring ... say, after maybe 2-3 hours of continuous hear ....
"(1) Indian Classical
(2) Indian Popular
(3) Western Classical
(4) Western Popular"

What songs would you suggest of those 4?

Here's a couple of more photos of the venue.

kj2pn.jpg

WHtJo.jpg

Pictures look good. The place is definitely peaceful and spacious, no doubt about that.

Some music recommendations. Just some suggestions. Everyone would like their familiar tracks to be played and we should try to accommodate them without having to have a selection of dozens of tracks per category.

Indian Classical: Some vocals from Pt Jasraj, Pt Bhimsen Joshi, Jugalbandi between Ustaad Zaqir Hussain and Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia, Chants of India (Pt Ravishankar).

Indian Popular is a vast sea: So many streams of them. Hard to recommend without being partial.

Western classic: Here are some recommendations. Esther Ofarim - La Vezina Catina, Yang City Variations (Chinese music), Yim Hok Man (Chinese Drums).

Western Popular is again a vast sea. But here are my suggestions: Tinashe - Zambezi (B&W Reissue), Peter Gabriel - The Rhythm of the Heat (B&W Reissue), Delmoni and Nina Bodnar - Ave Maria, Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (Live version), Eagles - Hotel California (Live acoustics version), Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven, Katy Perry - California Gurls (MSTRKRFT Main Mix) [feat. Snoop Dogg], Adele - Rolling in the Deep, Michael Jackson - Thriller.

Hello All,
Can you pls elaborate, who all can join? what is the objective of this kind of meet?
what all is discussed (agenda) in these types of meetings.

Are there any company's demo types or what?

Thanks for help.

Regards

Hi,

The meet is open to all audio enthusiasts. Old, new, beginner, experienced all are cordially invited, so long as you share this passion. All the more better if you also have a pair of golden ear :yahoo:

The agenda is to meet, exchange ideas on topics related to our common hobby, i.e. hi-fi. Some other goals to attend such meet is - to hear gear that you haven't heard earlier and wish you could. This objective can be met at a dealer as well. But at dealer, you don't really have much freedom all the time. Such as the dealer might not have the combination you want to hear.

For me the biggest reason to join such events would be education. Hifi is a life long learning. You always learn something. If there is a consensus we can do some objective tests. For examples: Does bi-wiring work? Does bi-amping work? Will a so and so amplifier drive so and so speakers comfortably?

For example: Prash is bringing his Quad 11L speakers and Marantz PM 8003 amp. Anyone who wants to check the synergy between these components mutually or with other components can bring their components and we can all see how does it work.

Cor's idea is also to invite dealers. If that will be the case, there will some more gear available for audition. Though in that case, I feel its better to visit the dealer directly and have a more focused audition. But on the other hand, in such a meet there will be many more pair of ears to judge the performance of a system. Imagine an orgy meant for eargasm! :lol:

there is also curiosity regarding CD Vs SACD comparision.

Maybe if any of you folks can come with SACD player... then that aspect can be taken care of too..

mpw

Thought I am no audiophile, but would love to meet them all , who have been a part of this wonderful Hifi family... :)

Not sure what I can chip in as I dont have any gear worth sharing ...:( , but will definitely try to attend.

One doubt....... are we all coming alone or wife as well are welcome to accompany.....
Also is it remotely possible to have it on 12 i.e sat rather than sun, reason for people like me who will come from Ghaziabad and far locations like this will take a lot of time to reach and come back and to have Mon as the next day definitely brings unnecessary tension ......just a thought ...

Too late, already a lot of people have confirmed for 13th. I had initially thought of the 6th but many people were not available on 6th so had to push back to 13th, and a lot of people have working saturdays so to remove that entire windows of match and mismatch had to take 13th (I myself included work on sundays but ill be putting my work day on saturday to be free on sunday)

Wife might get bored unless they're also into audio =)

Last edited:
Dear All FM,
i would also like to attend the meet scheduled on 13th jan. eagerly waiting for the same.
Cheers

Prakash

I have a lot of FLAC and Hi rez (24/88.2, 24/96 & 24/192)! will be getting my HDD + DAC + Lappie + Cables (RCA/Balanced/Speaker cables) + TT & Phono (both the Nighthawk as well as the Monk Audio)!

Back