Let's discuss:Why did Samsung drop the price of their flagship plasma 51E8000 by 30%?

Re: Let's discuss:Why did Samsung drop the price of their flagship plasma 51E8000 by

When are you planning to buy?

Let me know I can check out accordingly

Hi pralhadz,

You bought 51e8000 in hyderabad. Can you give us the price and the shop you purchased from.

Re: Let's discuss:Why did Samsung drop the price of their flagship plasma 51E8000 by

When are you planning to buy?

Let me know I can check out accordingly

Hi pralhadz,

I am also planning to buy at hyderabad as I will be relocating next week and want to purchase as soon as possible. Same info will help me too.

FYI. Had mentioned in my previous update too. Bajaj Finserv is giving extended warranty for 2 years at 4.5K. So, effectively we can get 3 years warranty on Samsung Plasmas. :)
I have couple of questions.
1. Hows Bajaj Finserv Extended warranty work, is it an insurance or Warranty
like the manufacturer provides?
2. Does any one have any experience (good/bad) with Bajaj Finserv's extended warranty

Bajaj Finserv extended warranty is the same as what the manufacturer provides. They have tie-up with manufacturer directly.

How can we avail warranty when we need it? Do we have to call Bajaj or manufacturer? Terms and conditions of this warranty is same as manufacturer or different? I mean service is ultimately provided by manufacturer.. So are there any chances that after 1 or 2 odd years when service needed, both parties wash their hands?

The samsung dealer in 4th Block Jayanagar, Bangalore is ready to give 51 E8000 for 95k and give us 17k back for the Tab 2 once we receive it.

thats a very good deal....just blindly go for it
just an update that Devi international is ready to give the sammy 51e8000 for around 80-85k(please re-confirm this as i was negotiating him with panasonic 50st50 and he said that sammy is not comparable to panas so he immediately mentioned 80k) with the tab free.
i am stuck between pana and sammy.
pana prices at devi 50st50-rs.91k and 50gt50-rs.1.02k
what offers have u got

v can bargain hard for two if u wanna do a group buy as i am deciding by today.let me know

This thread has gone OT!

So, lets get back to original topic: Why did Samsung drop the price of their flagship plasma 51E8000?

I think samsung wants to dominate in the plasma market just like the LED market, and can easily destroy the competition by going for lower profits and hurting profit margins of companies like panasonic who depend more on plasma sets.

@ edges ,Let me know if you are planning for a group buy in BLR, would be interested to join..

Why the price drop? I have a feeling that it has more to do with unsold stocks.

The price on website has dropped to 1lac as well!!

Sucs though that 64 is still 2.37lacs.

Why the price drop? I have a feeling that it has more to do with unsold stocks.

just4kix, unsold stock keeps getting sold over the next year also right?
Probably you could be right. Everyone would have been going for the E550 instead of this and stock would have got accumulated. Festival time is the right time to off load stock when people are willing to spend.

Or, Samsung is bringing something new in 2013! High hopes I think. :)

just4kix, unsold stock keeps getting sold over the next year also right?
Probably you could be right. Everyone would have been going for the E550 instead of this and stock would have got accumulated. Festival time is the right time to off load stock when people are willing to spend.

Or, Samsung is bringing something new in 2013! High hopes I think. :)
There could be many reasons and the true reason we can only speculate. The fact is that E8000 was never promoted aggressively. It was rarely ever on display in the showroom. Multi-brand showrooms do not stock expensive plasma models. Naturally stocks may have piled up. As mentioned earlier, it also could be unsold stocks from other countries/geographies. Who knows?

I hope it is because Samsung have started manufacturing /assembling TV from their Sriperumandur facility (Tamil Nadu....). Not very sure if that is for LCD (or) Plasma....

Need to know manufacturing dates of the E8000 which people are buying. Only then we can speculate a little bit :)

I think there is no problem of unsold stock. Even when I got a demo of sony hx850 at my home on 25th last month, they opened up a new tv since they didnt have demo piece of it and i checked the date and it also said oct-12.

So i have decided fudge it! I am gonna order one of these tomorrow. Initial quote was 95k and did say he can take back the tab.

So just for confirmation. Is the Tab 7 the new one? and i definitely want extended warranty so is the bajaj option a good one?

Also how much cash back you have got for tab 7?

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back