LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Very true. The elegance and the execution of that first tryst with the product matters a lot because we are plonking so much of money not on the pa nel alone but on the experience and the awe that comes with it.

I can relate because in my endeavour to import the item to the islands somewhere the joy is lost on all this headbanging and stressful monitoring of rates and scourging for bottom prices.

Which showroom is this? Any contact info?
Madinaguda Bajaj electronics. I bought it for 1.7l finally with all offers

Yes, my efforts have paid off . Eagerly waiting for the arrival of the panel. Thanks for your help in all your quick inputs @Donivlapog

But I'm only human, so can't help but think that I could've cast the net wider to AP Telangana and shaved off atleast a 10k-15k more

I think now o have to make peace with the process and enjoy the product
I closed off the deal for 1.70l with 2yr extended warranty and 7.5 bank cash back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it rob the sensation of owning the quality product a little? My Blaupunkt which wouldn't play Netflix got me swearing and cursing at the product and after I got it running don't even feel it is a good product! Electronic devices are like first impression is the best impression.
for sure .. big example of how cost cutting impacts customer experience

With the peak buying season behind us, I'm surprised to see the wide spread in the prices the same product has been sold to us in different parts of the country and sometimes even within the same city.

Cx 65 for instance just among FMs has sold anywhere from effective 1.61 in Hyderabad to all the way to a quoted 2.99 in Port Blair.

The spread of actual known effective purchase price goes like

1.61 , 1.62 , 1.65 ,1.67, 1.73 , 1.78 , 1.80 , 1.81 , 1.90 , 1.93, 2.17

Most of the offers and cashbacks are almost same across the board, meaning the dealer margin is so fat that can play so wide.

Makes us wonder if we had mounted a concerted national effort and targeted one source with distribution taken care of would have we got cx65 at 1.4 ?? Then what's the price of the actual item ?

And the sad part is MRP on LG website is a horrendous 2.99 which has no relation to these numbers.

How are you supposed to have peace of mind in our country with a big ticket purchase if you don't know if you're getting the best bang for your buck and all depends literally on time and space.

And this is despite we in the forum being more aware and cooperative than the larger general public outside.

A lot seems to depend on the consumers knowledge, bargaining skill and time available to invest in running around physically or digitally finding the best deal. Beyond this, a reasonable spread wouldn't have been shocking , but look at how wide the range is.

The lack of standardisation is appalling.

Let me shut up and let you boys enjoy your tv s now :p

They have a volume clearance incentive too. If they have sold enough units to customers at a good price, they'd choose to push the rest on a bargain price so as to get the volume sale incentive (to cover up the loss in profit-margins selling off some sets at a discount). I still feel that there are some who buy them at 2.99 lakhs too. So (2.99+1.61)/2=2.3. In statistics and in applied math there is something called variance and it's square root standard deviation is going to answer your question. Just enjoy the TV at whatever cost. As we have just one life and we are just temporary custodians of money, can't carry it to the grave, we win some we lose some in the dynamics of bargaining skills and so is life designed that way! One's loss is another's gain.

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. Just sharing my CX purchase experience. I bought CX 55 on diwali in Trivandrum,kerala at RD for hefty premium of 1.4L. The tv had to be delivered from their cochin godown. It was delivered in 3 days and installation personnel came after 4 more days citing non availability of table stand. When they unboxed and switched on, to my horror it had broken panel( not physically broken but garbled lines were visible for few inches to the right). The service personnel told he will raise a service request at LG and asked me to inform purchase store. I was following up with the RD store for every 2 days.They were giving updates like : getting HQ approval, getting final approval, getting LG brand approval. I waited for a week and sent a mail to their customersupport. Don't know if the replacement was already in process or due to the mail, I got a replacement within 2 days. I had a delayed installation due to waiting for my tv table and further delay from service personnel. Finally I got the tv installed today.
I hope none of you will have to go through a broken panel or other defect on new TV.

Reliance VR mall Chennai salesman (98404-15607) just now smsed me that they have great offers for LG CX. They have 60 units in their inventory. For group purchases he may offer great discounts.

Maybe it makes better sense to wait for the C1. It should be launching at the CES 2021 in Jan. Learnt it the hard way that the best possible time to make the purchase is near abouts Diwali.

I have a Sony X9500g ...got a defective panel.So Sony is going to refund me since they don't have the panel anymore in stock(they offered me X9000H which I rejected) .So I am in market for a new TV now.LG OLED seems to be the only option in my budget under 1.75lakh(since I don't want to downgrade from X9500G and no option available from Sony.....but dealers here are quoting 2.00lakh minimum

I have a Sony X9500g ...got a defective panel.So Sony is going to refund me since they don't have the panel anymore in stock(they offered me X9000H which I rejected) .So I am in market for a new TV now.LG OLED seems to be the only option in my budget under 1.75lakh(since I don't want to downgrade from X9500G and no option available from Sony.....but dealers here are quoting 2.00lakh minimum

Ask the sony guys for a A8G oled replacement and check your luck.

Ask the sony guys for a A8G oled replacement and check your luck.
I considered that but sadly & surprisingly A8G doesn't support eARC which is a must for me since I have a good ATMOS soundbar (as per my acquired wisdom through Internet surfing eARC is must for DOLBY ATMOS & DTS:X signals to pass through....someone correct me if I am wrong )

I considered that but sadly & surprisingly A8G doesn't support eARC which is a must for me since I have a good ATMOS soundbar (as per my acquired wisdom through Internet surfing eARC is must for DOLBY ATMOS & DTS:X signals to pass through....someone correct me if I am wrong )
You can pass Atmos through ARC if the Atmos signal is encoded over DD+. If it's encoded over TRUE HD then it won't work though.

Which soundbar do you have and what sources do you use for Atmos?

You can pass Atmos through ARC if the Atmos signal is encoded over DD+. If it's encoded over TRUE HD then it won't work though.

Which soundbar do you have and what sources do you use for Atmos?
I have Samsung Q800T soundbar...I use only Netflix app for Atmos content directly playing from my Sony TV... Soundbar is connected to eARC port of TV directly , I am able to get ATMOS signal

I have Samsung Q800T soundbar...I use only Netflix app for Atmos content directly playing from my Sony TV... Soundbar is connected to eARC port of TV directly , I am able to get ATMOS signal
Netflix/Prime/other OTTs use DD+ for Atmos, which you'll be able to do with ARC as well. TRUE HD Atmos is generally only in Blu-rays.

I'm not saying you should go with the A8G, as even I believe LG CX is a more well-rounded TV. But ARC vs eARC shouldn't matter if the only source of Atmos content for you is streaming services.

Netflix/Prime/other OTTs use DD+ for Atmos, which you'll be able to do with ARC as well. TRUE HD Atmos is generally only in Blu-rays.

I'm not saying you should go with the A8G, as even I believe LG CX is a more well-rounded TV. But ARC vs eARC shouldn't matter if the only source of Atmos content for you is streaming services.
Got it...as u said CX is a better product overall,so thats why my 1st choice now.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back