LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Right, is it worth 25k extra for wallpaper design mount + voice command without remote is the question I am asking myself :)
Just the slim wall mount profile is enough for most people to justify the price. Rest upto you ;)
I love my GX, my brother initially got a CX, then later changed to GX and he is not going back!

Timeline: Probably within the next 30 to 50 days / As soon as i get a great deal.

I'm looking for a 65 inch OLED...
Still figuring out options, although as of now the LG B9 looks like a good bet.
Anyone in Delhi NCR who's planning to buy an oled in a similar timeframe..?
Just chanced upon this post after quite a bad spell and now recovering. I got myself a LGOLED B8 way back in early 2019 for 1.35k. C series was launched then but thanks to my impetus and the dealer's push, I got it installed within 24 hrs. Since then I haven't had one bit of regret but had been might pleased with it's performance especially when I had an an all analog setup at him. This one now have me a great connected experience and coupled with the VDX303. . All cables and wires were almost thrashed except while connecting the MacBook. Now even that's gone with Apple opening bupnits airplay (video) on LGOLED. In short I never felt short of the CX experience.

Having said all this, a few key differentiators with a OLED CX series would be handy.

Just chanced upon this post after quite a bad spell and now recovering. I got myself a LGOLED B8 way back in early 2019 for 1.35k. C series was launched then but thanks to my impetus and the dealer's push, I got it installed within 24 hrs. Since then I haven't had one bit of regret but had been might pleased with it's performance especially when I had an an all analog setup at him. This one now have me a great connected experience and coupled with the VDX303. . All cables and wires were almost thrashed except while connecting the MacBook. Now even that's gone with Apple opening bupnits airplay (video) on LGOLED. In short I never felt short of the CX experience.

Having said all this, a few key differentiators with a OLED CX series would be handy.
Nothing much. There may be some eARC and hdmi 2.1 features missing. (Which Sony kind of brands do not have in 99% of their 2020 models). Brightness may be a bit lower than the C series. You might not have the filmmaker picture settings which you can mimic through picture settings. B8 might not have the logo luminescence settings (not sure on that)

Just the slim wall mount profile is enough for most people to justify the price. Rest upto you ;)
I love my GX, my brother initially got a CX, then later changed to GX and he is not going back!
That only matters if you're wall mounting though. A lot of folks prefer to have it on a table-top and that's where the CX is a lot better value.

B8 to CX will be a massive upgrade, in both the panel and the processing. Even C8 to C9 was a big upgrade in picture quality and then C9 to CX there was no improvement. Needless to say that even C8 will be an improvement over B8.

These are the improvements you'll see:
  • Better looking TV
  • Higher brightness
  • Better upscaling
  • Better motion handling.
  • HDMI 2.1 with 4k 120 10-bit 4:4:4 input if you intend to use with a PC, Xbox or any kind of input.
  • Better speakers (though with that said all inbuilt TV speakers suck)
  • Newer software with more settings and controls.
  • Dolby Vision support (minor)
That all being said, if your B8 is serving you well, I'd say wait for the C1. The C1 is a decently big upgrade from the CX (similar to C8 -> C9) and waiting for that is worth it.

I myself am waiting to pick up a 55" C1 and another 65/75" hall TV when the prices reduce near Diwali (assuming COVID ends by then).

The big improvements are HDMI 2.1 features - useful for gaming. Others are minor - software, supposedly brighter and better upscaling / motion. If upscaling / motion are important to you (especially with low quality content), LG sucks anyway (Sony/Samsung are better at that).

I have a C7 and did quite a few TV demos in the past few weeks as I was looking for a TV for another room / toying with the idea of upgrading the C7 as well. My conclusion was that differences between the C7 and CX are incremental for non-gaming applications (at least with normal content - cant speak to 4k Blu Rays). If you are happy with the B8, no point upgrading unless the gaming features are important to you or you want a larger size. If you do decide to upgrade, check out non Oled options as well - they have progressed a lot in recent years (I bought the C7 in 2018 and back then there was no comparison at similar price points). I decided to stick with the C7, did buy a BX for the other room (for gaming so the extra CX processing doesnt matter).

The big improvements are HDMI 2.1 features - useful for gaming. Others are minor - software, supposedly brighter and better upscaling / motion. If upscaling / motion are important to you (especially with low quality content), LG sucks anyway (Sony/Samsung are better at that).

I have a C7 and did quite a few TV demos in the past few weeks as I was looking for a TV for another room / toying with the idea of upgrading the C7 as well. My conclusion was that differences between the C7 and CX are incremental for non-gaming applications (at least with normal content - cant speak to 4k Blu Rays). If you are happy with the B8, no point upgrading unless the gaming features are important to you or you want a larger size. If you do decide to upgrade, check out non Oled options as well - they have progressed a lot in recent years (I bought the C7 in 2018 and back then there was no comparison at similar price points). I decided to stick with the C7, did buy a BX for the other room (for gaming so the extra CX processing doesnt matter).
What non oled options are you speaking of? In that price range, LG OLEDs absolutely smoke everything else. LG FALDs are not good at all. Samsung FALDs are too expensive and even the others have disgusting blooming.

What non oled options are you speaking of? In that price range, LG OLEDs absolutely smoke everything else. LG FALDs are not good at all. Samsung FALDs are too expensive and even the others have disgusting blooming.
If I were looking for a non gaming TV, I would have bought the Sony x90h instead of the BX. Plus its cheaper. The Samsung 80t is also an option (same price ballpark as the CX when I was checking around Ugadi). In a dark room, an Oled would be better but in a lit room, I would consider these two

If I were looking for a non gaming TV, I would have bought the Sony x90h instead of the BX. Plus its cheaper. The Samsung 80t is also an option (same price ballpark as the CX when I was checking around Ugadi). In a dark room, an Oled would be better but in a lit room, I would consider these two
The X90H and the Q80T are both significantly worse than OLED in all lighting conditions, not just dark room.

When people say LCDs are better for HDR in bright rooms, they mean the flagship LCDs which pass 1000 nits peak, and not midrange Q80T or X90H with measly 700 nits.

The X90H and the Q80T are both significantly worse than OLED in all lighting conditions, not just dark room.

When people say LCDs are better for HDR in bright rooms, they mean the flagship LCDs which pass 1000 nits peak, and not midrange Q80T or X90H with measly 700 nits.
Maybe I'm not enough of a videophile to notice. I'm going by my impressions alone of seeing the tvs side by side. To me, an lg OLED is worse in a bright room - reflection handling is terrible. Also, motion handling on Sony is better, as is out of the box colour accuracy. LGs up scaling algorithm is also significantly worse than the competition

Maybe I'm not enough of a videophile to notice. I'm going by my impressions alone of seeing the tvs side by side. To me, an lg OLED is worse in a bright room - reflection handling is terrible. Also, motion handling on Sony is better, as is out of the box colour accuracy. LGs up scaling algorithm is also significantly worse than the competition
Well, for one a showroom is basically pitting an OLED in its weakest position with a FALD in its strongest.
X90H has some horrendous blooming, pretty middling peak brightness and noticeably worse viewing angles. I'm using LG CX everyday and it does a pretty solid job of upscaling 1080p content. I don't know about lower res content but who watches that anyways.
Besides, I don't think LG's processing is "significantly worse". Sony may have an upper hand but no amount of processing will reduce the gap between a mid range LCD panel and a top of the line OLED panel.
X90H is cheaper sure but not that much.
But quality wise, it's not even the same league.

Well, for one a showroom is basically pitting an OLED in its weakest position with a FALD in its strongest.
X90H has some horrendous blooming, pretty middling peak brightness and noticeably worse viewing angles. I'm using LG CX everyday and it does a pretty solid job of upscaling 1080p content. I don't know about lower res content but who watches that anyways.
Besides, I don't think LG's processing is "significantly worse". Sony may have an upper hand but no amount of processing will reduce the gap between a mid range LCD panel and a top of the line OLED panel.
X90H is cheaper sure but not that much.
But quality wise, it's not even the same league.
My main TV sits in a hall with windows so the lighting in a showroom is representative to me. I basically have to darken the hall anytime I watch TV during the day (have the C7 there). The other room is darker and the BX does well there although the reflections are still noticeable in dark content.

On streamed 1080p youtube content, the Sony does a better job but the LG is still ok. On Tata Sky HD type content, the Sony does a significantly better job. Still need that for sports

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back