LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Again guys we are derailing the thread this is for the best prices on oled. I am sure we do have a thread for fald vs oled otherwise do create one as lot of valuable experiences and knowledge would go undiscovered if not put in the correct thread

Maybe I'm not enough of a videophile to notice. I'm going by my impressions alone of seeing the tvs side by side. To me, an lg OLED is worse in a bright room - reflection handling is terrible. Also, motion handling on Sony is better, as is out of the box colour accuracy. LGs up scaling algorithm is also significantly worse than the competition
There is a series called "The mentalist" which was really good on a premium segment LCD LED TV. But when I watch it in my LG CX, the PQ is slightly better and even characters' dirt in their outfits are seen in a pixel level accuracy. That LCD LED I had was a flagship TV. So I don't think I would agree with the popular belief of LG's lack of good up-scaling algorithms.

I have decided to put my CX 55 inches for sale @ Rs 105k !!!, I am also willing to pay for the logistics ... please feel free to contact me at jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for detailed enquiry.

Dear FMs please me know whether this is an appropriate forum regarding selling ...

Hi all , first post.
So i have a sony w series lcd bought in 2007 with a ps3. It still works fine and the picture is very deep and natural as compared to a newer LG led in another room.
So i am no phile , just a average middle class buyer who is looking to upgrade. I have a ps4 and will upgrade to a ps5 at some time. But not really a gamer , bought less than 15 games in the 6 years of the ps4.
Now my thought process over the last 1 week that i decided i "needed" to upgrade. Read this forum , saw all the reviews on YouTube and am now more confused than ever. Was looking for a sony and 65".
I went from sony 8000h to 9000h to LG cx and now A8h .
At the start i was adamant about getting a 65" as my bedroom viewing distance is 9 to 10' and i dont change tvs for a long time.
But now after watching YouTube videos of oleds , i am confused whether to -
Up my budget to 2.15 L for the LG cx 65"
Compromise on size & go for the 55" size A8H at 1.7 L , as i am a bit of a Sony liker
Or go for the 65 " sony 9000h at 1.5 L
The 65" a8h is a bridge too far at 2.45 L
I am prejudiced against LG but am trying to suppress that.

I might keep this tv for a long time.
I watch normal cable, Netflix and Amazon prime. A bit of sports , Olympics are coming.

Hi all , first post.
So i have a sony w series lcd bought in 2007 with a ps3. It still works fine and the picture is very deep and natural as compared to a newer LG led in another room.
So i am no phile , just a average middle class buyer who is looking to upgrade. I have a ps4 and will upgrade to a ps5 at some time. But not really a gamer , bought less than 15 games in the 6 years of the ps4.
Now my thought process over the last 1 week that i decided i "needed" to upgrade. Read this forum , saw all the reviews on YouTube and am now more confused than ever. Was looking for a sony and 65".
At the start i was adamant about getting a 65" as my bedroom viewing distance is 9 to 10' and i dont change tvs for a long time.
Compromise on size & go for the 55" size A8H at 1.7 L , as i am a bit of a Sony liker

I watch normal cable, Netflix and Amazon prime. A bit of sports , Olympics are coming.
If you're into gaming, go for CX. CX is more future proof with full HDMI 2.1 compatibility.
CX 65 inch can be had for 1.6 ish lakhs.
Personal experience - LG CX is a phenomenal TV and you won't be left wanting with it. It's upto you to decide if the Sony premium is worth it.

Hi all , first post.

In a similar dilemma. Been searching for a TV upgrade (have a 1080p 42 inch LG 3DTV right now) since Jan when I was looking to buy a 55 inch Amazonbasics tv, which later became a TCL QLED, and over time has graduated to either the LG C/B series or Sony X9000h This forum has got me changing my budget from 35k to 1.5L/2L now, I'll probably get my internet privileges revoked soon

If you're into gaming, go for CX. CX is more future proof with full HDMI 2.1 compatibility.
CX 65 inch can be had for 1.6 ish lakhs.
Personal experience - LG CX is a phenomenal TV and you won't be left wanting with it. It's upto you to decide if the Sony premium is worth it.
Cant find a CX at 1.6 L anywhere online . Nothing below 2.15 L for the 65".

Cant find a CX at 1.6 L anywhere online . Nothing below 2.15 L for the 65".
The 1.6-1.7l price is only during peak festive discounts. Currently may be possible through dealers clearing stock but I havent seen it in Bangalore over the past month. Online had come below 2l a couple of weeks back on amazon (coupon + 5% ICICI Amazon card)

Can share a perspective on LG OLED vs X900H (own a bx, c7 and x900h). If your room is relatively dark and there are no direct reflections, the OLEDs are better. Reflections a big problem with OLEDs. In a bright room, the X900H fares better as it handles reflections a bit better (still not the best at this). The Sony also has better upscaling but this only matters for Tata Sky type content (highlighting as you mentioned sports).

The 1.6-1.7l price is only during peak festive discounts. Currently may be possible through dealers clearing stock but I havent seen it in Bangalore over the past month. Online had come below 2l a couple of weeks back on amazon (coupon + 5% ICICI Amazon card)

Can share a perspective on LG OLED vs X900H (own a bx, c7 and x900h). If your room is relatively dark and there are no direct reflections, the OLEDs are better. Reflections a big problem with OLEDs. In a bright room, the X900H fares better as it handles reflections a bit better (still not the best at this). The Sony also has better upscaling but this only matters for Tata Sky type content (highlighting as you mentioned sports).
So if you could own just one tv of the 3 , ie x9000h 65 , A8h 55/65 and CX 65 , which one would you pick ?

Last edited:
So if you could own just one tv of the 3 , ie x9000h 65 , A8h 55/65 and CX 55 , which one would you pick ?
If its in the hall, the Sony (bright room, reflections). If its in one of the other rooms, the OLED (no windows facing the TV position)

Caveat - I dont have a Tata Sky connection anymore

Took some offline phone quotes today -
Lg 55" CX - 1.3 L
65" CX - 2.08 L
A8H 55- 1.6 L
A8H 65 - 2.45 L
Sony 9000h 65 - 1.52 L but he promised additional discount when i am in his store.
Above have hdfc credit card discounts included.

As per him Sony penalizes dealers if they offer a discount !

Lg 55" CX - 1.3 L
65" CX - 2.08 L
Worthless pricing. You can get cheaper from Amazon itself if you include the no-cost EMI (and cancelling loan on the next day). The 65" is available for 2.02 lakhs from Amazon even without any no-cost EMI or card offer.

Took some offline phone quotes today -
Lg 55" CX - 1.3 L
65" CX - 2.08 L
A8H 55- 1.6 L
A8H 65 - 2.45 L
Sony 9000h 65 - 1.52 L but he promised additional discount when i am in his store.
Above have hdfc credit card discounts included.

As per him Sony penalizes dealers if they offer a discount !
Wrt Sony TVs how to bypass Sony's strict discount policy: The invoice price will be that and he will add a soundbar to make it a combo Sony offer and later void the soundbar and offer that discount to you. Max of 5500 - I was offered that by offline dealers that's why I can tell. But if you ask me, go for LG OLED which is flexible in bargaining.

Worthless pricing. You can get cheaper from Amazon itself if you include the no-cost EMI (and cancelling loan on the next day). The 65" is available for 2.02 lakhs from Amazon even without any no-cost EMI or card offer.
Amazon India shows 2.19 L for the 65 cx. After discount reduces by 1250.
Unless Amazon has some sort of focused pricing and you are getting a different price ?

Amazon India shows 2.19 L for the 65 cx. After discount reduces by 1250.
Unless Amazon has some sort of focused pricing and you are getting a different price ?
This is what it shows for me:
1620651835794.png

So 2.12 lakhs is the price, 10000 discount on top of it, 1250 HDFC discount (final price 2 lakhs 200 rupees) and obviously you can take the no cost EMI too which will reduce the price by further 20-30k.

Can you take a screenshot of the screen. I don't think the price will be different region to region.

This is what it shows for me:
View attachment 56934

So 2.12 lakhs is the price, 10000 discount on top of it, 1250 HDFC discount (final price 2 lakhs 200 rupees) and obviously you can take the no cost EMI too which will reduce the price by further 20-30k.

Can you take a screenshot of the screen. I don't think the price will be different region to region.
I checked again. Its 2.19 and no 10k discount offer.
Also how does no cost emi result in a additional saving of 30k ? On clicking the no cost emi option, it says not available.
You probably have to clear your cache to get the latest prices.
Or Amazon is doing targeted pricing based on location as i just checked from another account and its 2.19.
Internet says Amazon does differential pricing.

Last edited:
I checked again. Its 2.19 and no 10k discount offer.
Also how does no cost emi result in a additional saving of 30k ? On clicking the no cost emi option, it says not available.
The discount is with seller cloudtail and in selected cities only 10k discounts are available. For e.g., the 10k discount shows if I change it to my hometown address and if I change it back to the place I live, it doesn't show up.

The discount is with seller cloudtail and in selected cities only 10k discounts are available. For e.g., the 10k discount shows if I change it to my hometown address and if I change it back to the place I live, it doesn't show up.
Yup just changed the pincode for delivery to Mumbai and the price dropped to 2.12 plus a 10k discount popped up. Though they are not delivering to Mumbai probably due to corona.
Atleast gives us a target price to bargain down to.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back