LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Thanks to all here as without the pricing information from here , i would have probably gone ahead with a much higher price like a noob.
Now the planning for-
A suitable table for the tv(no hanging on the wall ) and a voltage stabilizer. We dont have brown outs here just occasional black outs of a very short duration.
I guess get the earthing checked of the power point .
What else ?

Thanks to all here as without the pricing information from here , i would have probably gone ahead with a much higher price like a noob.
Now the planning for-
A suitable table for the tv(no hanging on the wall ) and a voltage stabilizer. We dont have brown outs here just occasional black outs of a very short duration.
What else ?
Voltage stabilizer is a must. You get the option of either a wall mount or table mount not both. Tablemount sells for 8k and wallmount only 4k in the market seperately. So ask for table mount. If you want a sound bar, go for it. As LG's audio levels are pretty standard. With a 5.1 channel HTIB or good sound bar, you will get the desired effect.

If you have no brown-outs, a voltage stabilizer isn't necessary provided you have a basic spike-guard(fuse like thing) in your plug points themselves. Modern electronics are actually very good for protection against no power as they have capacitors to ensure safe power off. For higher voltage the spike guard will protect you anyway as the fuse will blow out.

Yes, get the earthing checked too.

If you have no brown-outs, a voltage stabilizer isn't necessary provided you have a basic spike-guard(fuse like thing) in your plug points themselves. Modern electronics are actually very good for protection against no power as they have capacitors to ensure safe power off. For higher voltage the spike guard will protect you anyway as the fuse will blow out.

Yes, get the earthing checked too.
Agreed. Another option is one of those voltage stabiliser plugs. No telling if the stabiliser functions works like a normal stabiliser, but at the least it will function as a spike buster. I bought one of those for my current 6 yr old LG because it's wall mounted and the power cable couldn't reach the UPS. So had a plug added behind the TV and bought this stabiliser plug Sollatek TVGuard Voltage Stabilizer

Oh comeon guys, you are buying a 2 lakhs TV and so what's the hassle in buying a good digital voltage stabilizer for another 3k or so? My Sony 75" 8000h had just a spike buster and ups and no voltage stabilizer. Chennai corporation started supplying 250 volts in the morning during December of 2020 and one fine morning the TV went bust and the panel had to be replaced and that too exactly after a month from purchase. I have ever since used a digital voltage stabilizer that provides input voltage reading and output voltage reading. The max output voltage is 232 ever since. So my hall TV is secured. I advice you on those lines.

Last edited:
Oh comeon guys, you are buying a 2 lakhs TV and so what's the hassle in buying a good digital voltage stabilizer for another 3k or so? My Sony 75" 8000h had just a spike buster and ups and no voltage stabilizer. Chennai corporation started supplying 250 volts in the morning during December of 2020 and one fine morning the TV went bust and the panel had to be replaced and that too exactly after a month from purchase. I have ever since used a digital voltage stabilizer that provides input voltage reading and output voltage reading. The max output voltage is 232 ever since. So my hall TV is secured. I advice you on those lines.
High voltage would actually cause issue with PCB and not the panel itself. The panel just gets display signal and not much current.

The voltage you give to the TV has to be down-converted to 12/5V by the VRM(voltage regulation module) and in some cases a power supply before that. That's what most internal components work at. No internal component works at 220V as it's too high for electronics. This is also why most electronics work at both 110V and 220/240V as internal voltage is the same. Forget 250, even 300V won't fry your TV. Most surges are short lived events of 1000+ V.

If there's more voltage than the TV can handle, the VRM will go bust and hence will require a PCB change. Your 8000H didn't go bust because of a voltage surge but something else (maybe a faulty panel).

Also your spike guard fuse would have busted if there was a real voltage spike as well.

My lift's circuits also fried on the same time and it cost me 23500 in repairs plus lift voltage stabilizer Servo, I put for Rs. 40,000 including the wiring. It may or maynot be the reason for the panel issue but I am offering them Voltage stabilizer advice for 3k extra. Not some 30k extra expenditure and let them decide on that.

sony A9G FOR 2.41 LAKH 65 INCH SUPER OFFER

Went and closed the deal and paid for the cx65.
LG has a ongoing scheme under which i am paying with 24 emi's and total cost is coming as 2.024 lacs including interest. Swiped it all on a credit card.
So interest is 100 per month including gst.
Though while I was leaving he slipped in that delivery is 1000 more. Didnt contest it. Was happy that my emi is just 8433 per month.
Why pay any down payment with such cheap finance available ?

Received the cx65 in the morning and the LG team came and commissioned it by lunch.
Family members got a surprise as no one knew about the new tv.
Ps4 and tatasky connected.
People here were complaining about the sound but even without any external speakers, i find the sound pretty good.
Thr thickness of the tv is as spectacular as the tv.

Welcome to the OLED world. Just switch off the TV using remote controller and turn off the TV main switch after letting it to refresh pixels for about 5-10 minutes. After 15 minutes you can switch off from power source. Dont switch off directly from the switch board.

Welcome to the OLED world. Just switch off the TV using remote controller and turn off the TV main switch after letting it to refresh pixels for about 5-10 minutes. After 15 minutes you can switch off from power source. Dont switch off directly from the switch board.
Power source and switch board difference i am not clear about ?
Just switching off the tatasky set top box, ps4 and oled tv with their remotes is not enough ?

Power source and switch board difference i am not clear about ?
Just switching off the tatasky set top box, ps4 and oled tv with their remotes is not enough ?
The OLED does a pixel refresher to avoid burn ins when tv is switched off through remote. Switchboard/power source switching off must be done after 15 minutes so as to have the pixel refreshing completed.

The OLED does a pixel refresher to avoid burn ins when tv is switched off through remote. Switchboard/power source switching off must be done after 15 minutes so as to have the pixel refreshing completed.
The LG manual says that the pixel refresher function starts after 4 hours of continuous use and for it to work the power should be ON from the plugpoint. Other internet places though do mention switching off the power from the plugpoint. More research required as switching the tv supply off and on everyday is not good with voltage spiking everytime the tv is switched on from the switch.
Also the volume was low while watching the matrix blue ray on the ps4. Not bad just not as loud as watching YouTube or prime.
And the bill has no mention of the standard 3+1 years warranty and damage as promised by the dealer. Just says that the warranty is the manufacturers responsiblity. Will take it up today.

The LG manual says that the pixel refresher function starts after 4 hours of continuous use and for it to work the power should be ON from the plugpoint. Other internet places though do mention switching off the power from the plugpoint. More research required as switching the tv supply off and on everyday is not good with voltage spiking everytime the tv is switched on from the switch.
Also the volume was low while watching the matrix blue ray on the ps4. Not bad just not as loud as watching YouTube or prime.
And the bill has no mention of the standard 3+1 years warranty and damage as promised by the dealer. Just says that the warranty is the manufacturers responsiblity. Will take it up today.
I have a voltage stabilizer and so the sudden spike will be controlled by the stabilizer. I however seldom switch it off through switch board. But if I ever do it, I wait for atleast 15 minutes as instructed by the LG engineer and Croma people.

LG has confirmed the 3+1 years warranty from the manufacturer .
I have a voltage stabilizer and so the sudden spike will be controlled by the stabilizer. I however seldom switch it off through switch board. But if I ever do it, I wait for atleast 15 minutes as instructed by the LG engineer and Croma people.
So you have faced no issues by not following the procedure you had detailed above ?
Software seems a issue. Where do we find easily accessible hdr and true 4k movies ? Netflix and prime have very basic 4k content , which might be restricted by our net speeds.
Downloading and playing through a usb drive seems a better option.
HDR clips were much better than 4k. They looked richer and had more depth.

I was told not to switch off from switch board for 15 minutes. I have followed it so far. I rarely infact switch off from the power source. Netflix 799 plan looks better in native app than through firestick 4k.

Received the cx65 in the morning and the LG team came and commissioned it by lunch.
Family members got a surprise as no one knew about the new tv.
Ps4 and tatasky connected.
People here were complaining about the sound but even without any external speakers, i find the sound pretty good.
Thr thickness of the tv is as spectacular as the tv.
From where in Delhi during lockdown and for how much, I am interested too.

Back