LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

From where in Delhi during lockdown and for how much, I am interested too.
I am in chandigarh. Just google major sellers in Delhi and they will probably do everything without you needing to leave your house. The tv came to me directly from their godown.

It’s not continuous 4 hours but a cumulative use of 4 hours. U will even hear a clock noise when the pixel refresher runs.

Interesting thing i just noticed about the billing for the cx65 is that the total cost was swiped in 2 parts of 101000 and 99000. But the credit card printouts don't mention the cx65 but 2 cheaper tv models. He took 20 minutes to swipe and said something about the 2 lac amount not being accepted in one swipe and had to be broken up.
The bill mentions the correct tv model.
And as someone was explaining in tne thread , the base amounts total to around 173000 and rest is shown as interest totaling to 202000 with the principal.
Hdfc mentions a 3 % premature closing penalty. So if i close the loan now by paying in full , the total tv cost comes to approx 178500.
But why close ?

Interesting thing i just noticed about the billing for the cx65 is that the total cost was swiped in 2 parts of 101000 and 99000. But the credit card printouts don't mention the cx65 but 2 cheaper tv models. He took 20 minutes to swipe and said something about the 2 lac amount not being accepted in one swipe and had to be broken up.
The bill mentions the correct tv model.
And as someone was explaining in tne thread , the base amounts total to around 173000 and rest is shown as interest totaling to 202000 with the principal.
Hdfc mentions a 3 % premature closing penalty. So if i close the loan now by paying in full , the total tv cost comes to approx 178500.
But why close ?
They huff and puff and scamper to all these bill tampering to put 2+2=5 in place. To not put it in its right euphemism and be blunt to the core - they will beg borrow or steal to clear volumes and propel the dynamism in economy forward. To each smart buyer who got a good bargain shall prevail three others who paid a premium. Plus they get the easter egg bonus of volume clearance contingency benefits. It is a grand design of keeping the customer, manufacturing companies, the taxmen, the dealers, the credit card companies or the bankers, all in the race to be happy.

They huff and puff and scamper to all these bill tampering to put 2+2=5 in place. To not put it in its right euphemism and be blunt to the core - they will beg borrow or steal to clear volumes and propel the dynamism in economy forward. To each smart buyer who got a good bargain shall prevail three others who paid a premium. Plus they get the easter egg bonus of volume clearance contingency benefits. It is a grand design of keeping the customer, manufacturing companies, the taxmen, the dealers, the credit card companies or the bankers, all in the race to be happy.
Tin foil moment.

Want suitable bluetooth earbuds compatible with the cx . Dont want to disturb everyone while watching at night.
Tried with borrowed skullcandy earbuds and they worked ok but clarity was not A1.
Preferably below 2500.
The tv has APTX ? as per documentation. So something with it if possible .

Tin foil moment.

Want suitable bluetooth earbuds compatible with the cx . Dont want to disturb everyone while watching at night.
Tried with borrowed skullcandy earbuds and they worked ok but clarity was not A1.
Preferably below 2500.
Well, I was given a complimentary Sony WH-CH 700N with the Sony TV 8000H 75" purchase. That fulfils my need for night viewing without disturbing the wife. Ironically it wouldn't pair with the Sony TV but pairs with LG CX like made for it. I was offered an LG FN7 worth 20k for 14k as a bundled offer with the TV. But I already had a bluetooth earphone so did not avail that offer. LG FN 5 with the TV as a bundled offer might be worth asking them for - if you get it for half the price it maybe a good buy. It costs 10k without the bundle offer.

Preferably below 2500.
You're asking for too much for 2500. Headphones with Bluetooth, A1 sound quality and modern codec support will cost at least ₹20k. Something like Sony WH-1000XM3/4 and Bose QC35 II/700 are examples.

If you're insistent on spending <2500, do take a look at Oppo Enco M31. They support 990 Kbps LDAC and AAC(which will work with CX).

But they like every earphones under 5k will break up with multiple voices/instruments since they only have a single driver. Still should be a big upgrade from Skullcandy.

If you use LG thinQ app, you would be able to hear your TV sound on your phone. You could use your phone's earphone as a workaround to listen to TV's sound until you decide the ear buds.
Excellent. My phone connected easily and now i have no immediate need of a bluetooth headphone. But connection is not the best as lightgamer above said. Just Usable.
But you gave me a idea since i have quite a few bluetooth speakers at home. The connection with the speakers is very good. Not one breakup. And the volume and sound quality is also good. No disturbance for others at night.
Experimentation is on.

5th day review and challenges -
Nil brightness issues. Bright rooms are not a issue.
Sound has a lot of base but the clarity is not the best in some instances. But in tatasky the sound is clear. Apple tv app the sound is not the best, could be the local english accents in the series i was watching.
Twice the home button on the remote stopped working. Rest of the buttons worked fine. Required power off from the power switch and immediately normalized. Both times after tv was on for long hours. Is it connected to the 4 hr interval of pixel refreshing ?
Watching photos on the tv , taken on my Samsung note phone at 4k resolutions , is a real treat.
Connecting phone to tv for screen mirroring is a breeze.
My 24 mbps net speed might be a issue . Mostly runs fine but on apple tv a couple of video freezing observed. And then starting. But doesn't happen on YouTube ? Prime video runs fine. Have to restart Netflix and check.

Sound has a lot of base but the clarity is not the best in some instances. But in tatasky the sound is clear. Apple tv app the sound is not the best, could be the local english accents in the series i was watching.
Twice the home button on the remote stopped working. Rest of the buttons worked fine. Required power off from the power switch and immediately normalized. Both times after tv was on for long hours. Is it connected to the 4 hr interval of pixel refreshing ?
Watching photos on the tv , taken on my Samsung note phone at 4k resolutions , is a real treat.
My 24 mbps net speed might be a issue . Mostly runs fine but on apple tv a couple of video freezing observed. And then starting. But doesn't happen on YouTube ? Prime video runs fine. Have to restart Netflix and check.
I have tubelights just at tbe back of mine.
Tv distance will be 7-8 feet.
Will it reflect on the tv?

I have tubelights just at tbe back of mine.
Tv distance will be 7-8 feet.
Will it reflect on the tv?
Generally speaking light directly facing any tv will be a problem. My old tv was a normal sony lcd and i faced more reflection issues in that than in the lg oled. I have zero reflection issues from the oled i have. Ofcourse this is just my experience, you should check personally what meets your tv placement needs.

You will start observing the difference such as....
in film titles and credits you will not find any light bleeding, haloing/blooming, etc... like in LCD LED screens. If you touch the screen with your finger, you won't see ripples as in LCD LED screen. Plus will not cause eye dis-comfort even after continuous 2.5-3 hours of watching a film in one go.
Home button freezing has never happened to me. After the lockdown check with LG.

You will start observing the difference such as....
in film titles and credits you will not find any light bleeding, haloing/blooming, etc... like in LCD LED screens. If you touch the screen with your finger, you won't see ripples as in LCD LED screen. Plus will not cause eye dis-comfort even after continuous 2.5-3 hours of watching a film in one go.
Home button freezing has never happened to me. After the lockdown check with LG.
One setting i made immediately was the subtitles in apple tv. The whiteness of the subtitles was too glaring. Required a bit of experimentation but now the subtitles are unobtrusive.

LG has confirmed the 3+1 years warranty from the manufacturer .

So you have faced no issues by not following the procedure you had detailed above ?
Software seems a issue. Where do we find easily accessible hdr and true 4k movies ? Netflix and prime have very basic 4k content , which might be restricted by our net speeds.
Downloading and playing through a usb drive seems a better option.
HDR clips were much better than 4k. They looked richer and had more depth.
Netflix has HDR content and is only available in their 4K plan. Check your plan and upgrade to 4K for HDR content.

Finalized the cx65 at 2 L plus 199 +1000 ( including gst or something).
But he says 6 months emi is interest free but if i go for 12 months emi it will be approximately another 1200 .
So for 12 months its coming to around 2.02
What's your location? I am also looking for CX/C1/GX max upto 2 lakhs.

I got my LG CX 65" for 1.92 L from Chennai, Croma. But mine is a different deal where I paid it all up full cash from a MF SIP corpus I accumulated. (Cheque drawn to Croma after redemption of mutual fund units to the extent of TV cost). I was initially quoted 2.27 lakhs. Infact 1.92 was supposed to be for BX when I got a consensus from this message board that CX was better. I had given a 10k token advance for the BX. I just asked the salesman could he offer it for CX if I pay in full the 1.82 more and to my wonder his manager cleared/approved it. Ofcourse my receding hairline and a few grey beard hairs and a previous TV purchase with them may also have factored in apart from ready cash.
Before that I was pushing for a year more so I could accumulate enough corpus for a 77" LG CX but some wise forum members said it is not worth it for my viewing distance of mere 7-8 feet.
Bajaj finserve and HDFC loans on the same day had the quote as 2.27 lakhs with zero% interest emi. Straight cash got the nod from them. So each person has a different experience I guess.

LG is offering 9k cashback on oled TV purchase after 90 days. This cashback is applicable only on 6months No cost emi. I wanted to know if I apply the No cost emi hack and close the loan amount will I still be getting the cashback after 3 months? The interest amount is 9k and if I get 9k cashback along with 7.5k diners black points the effective price becomes 25k less.

LG is offering 9k cashback on oled TV purchase after 90 days. This cashback is applicable only on 6months No cost emi. I wanted to know if I apply the No cost emi hack and close the loan amount will I still be getting the cashback after 3 months? The interest amount is 9k and if I get 9k cashback along with 7.5k diners black points the effective price becomes 25k less.
I don't think it will give you the cashback. But you can take the 6-month no-cost EMI and close it after 3 months, so you still save some interest.

BTW, how does diners club points work with EMI? Do they work on the monthly EMI or all at once? If they work on the monthly EMI, then you can gain a lot more than 7.5k as they won't be monthly capped?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back