Looking for new speakers

Joshua , for me the grahams did not do the trick :( I heard it at the Hifi show . On the Harbeths the monitor 40 is great but the 30 you lose a bit of the bass extension.
Panditji , does not Sid trehan deal with Tannoys ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.. the 30.1 are superb mid range speakers but they do lack the bass extension.... Not too sure about Sid Trehan...I sent an email to Sandeep Chawla @ KEI and have received no response since the last 4 days...

I believe these guys are the current distributors -

Alphatec Audio Video Pvt Ltd.
P256, Purna Das Road Behind Triangular Park Kolkata
West Bengal,
Phone: +91-85850-11052/55

As I mentioned in my post, Tannoy is now owned by Behringer, it is possible for a new network to emerge. They seem to be the sole distributors in India for all of Behringers brands. Give them a call.

KEI is the Indian Distributor for Tannoy Home Audio. Alphatec are for Tannoy Pro. Call Kaushik Chandra at +91 97696 36194. He is the guy who look after the sales.
Regards
Vasu

Hi Panditjee,

Have you heard Joseph audio speakers. Sid can provide you the audition, better carry your amp. It will be a revelation. Though bass is lacking factor for Pulsar speakers, but liquid midrange is impressive. Your search for big drivers can direct you to bigger models of joseph. try it once.

cheers

Dheeraj

Last edited:
I really like the 30.1 but do not want to use subs because of aesthetics and also due to the high cost of the subs... Blumenhofer has always interested me but have never been able to hear one for myself.. Given our similar music taste and equipment, the fact you bought a pair speaks highly about it sir.. Do you or Jochen know of anyone in Delhi/NCR who has one?

I really like the 30.1 but do not want to use subs because of aesthetics and also due to the high cost of the subs... Blumenhofer has always interested me but have never been able to hear one for myself.. Given our similar music taste and equipment, the fact you bought a pair speaks highly about it sir.. Do you or Jochen know of anyone in Delhi/NCR who has one?

its definitely worth a listen !

I have heard the Blumenhofer Big Fun 17 at the Listening Room while auditioning the Trigon Epilog.
Highly recommended..

Alternatively, do audition the Rethm Bhaava's at Sid's place. You might just be surprised.

Panditji

what you seem to need is this

a floorstander - that looks the part ( not a large standmount - maybe psychology here )
atleast 2 or 3 drivers in it
decent sensitivity
capable of high volume levels
a good brand name to have ownership joy
match with your Lakshman amp :)
good bass - claimed bass must be lower that your Harbeth C7
moderate to high resolution but not too much resolving
good for classical / western / indian music

maybe you may try the

Proac Studio 148 or Response series
Linn Majik 140

thats what occurs to me.

Linn and Lakshman - might form a nice - warm pair :)

regards

Panditji

a floorstander - that looks the part ( not a large standmount - maybe psychology here )
decent sensitivity

maybe you may try the

Linn Majik 140

thats what occurs to me.

regards

ProAc floorstanders I forgot..let me check them out also... Linn is too expensive for what they do....

I don't know anyone in Delhi side. Maybe you should get in touch with Jochen.

Panditji

decent sensitivity

maybe you may try the

Linn Majik 140

thats what occurs to me.

regards

I think he already owned a pair of speakers that plays at a higher level than the Majik or studio series from those makers. I have not heard the new response series from Proac so cannot comment.

ProAc floorstanders I forgot..let me check them out also... Linn is too expensive for what they do....

Dear sir

Linn - can do lots of Majik - dont discount them.

Proac - is worth checking out as well.

narrow your search to 2 or 3 brands and go from there .

else this is a never ending pit.

regards

I think he already owned a pair of speakers that plays at a higher level than the Majik or studio series from those makers. I have not heard the new response series from Proac so cannot comment.

Squarewave

Music at home - is a combination of what the senses feel in an integrated manner considering the addition of the sound + visuals of the system itself. Its part psychology.

Therefore floor stander speakers have the natural advantage of standing tall and appearing to deliver ;)

The series wont matter - as long as the music is good and the psychology is met.

anyways - thats just my 2 paisa.. ( pre demonetization.. :lol: )

PS : Does the Lakshman's VU meters add to the music ?? But panditji wants to retain them and one of the major visual attractions are those meters..:)

regards

I don't know anyone in Delhi side. Maybe you should get in touch with Jochen.

I have spoken to him a couple of times before but nobody in Delhi has the Blumenhofers... I know a number of people who have heard them and raved about them but did not buy them even though the pricing in India is at par with German prices (very rare phenomena)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back