low Budget 5.1 Home theater advice Yamaha HTR-3072, PIONEER VSX 531, Marantz NR1508

Good. You should be able to build one if you go to sp road or Check this one out Yamaha NS-P51 (Front left, right and center) below 11k - you might get this cheaper from other dedicated home theater dealers. These speakers have good sensitivity to play loud without troubling AVR.

is there any difference between sound quality with Yamaha HTR-3072, and, Marantz NR1508 ? or its just a matter of sound preference?

Yes they are good speakers too within limited budget. Have you already bought the receivers? How big is your space where you will put these to perform? My suggestion for you to plan out things in this order 1. AVR with more power (Denon avr x520 or 530, Yamaha rxv 483, Marantz 1508, pioneer vsx 531) 2. Get a diy 6ohm drivers locally or get pair of satellite speakers to begin with along with minimum 150 watts RmS subwoofer. If the budget is tight you could buy a pair of diy satellite speakers (within 4k) and invest the rest to buy solid subwoofer. If you're of the opinion that AVR is what makes the movies sound awesome then you're wrong. It is the powered / active subwoofer that does the trick so do not compromise on this. Just helping you out as there was no one to give these ideas when I was buying my first system. You can later plan to add other speakers to complete the set up as you save more money. In audio world you gotta pay more to hear better! :)

It looks like Maratz 1508 and Yama 3072 have same amplifier power output.
however Maratz 1508 does not have Dolby digital plus, which is default in Amazon 4k stick

is it worth to go with NR1508 with additional 7k from Yamaha 3072? for me bluetooth is a must but I don't know many other wireless feature in 1508 is going to be useful for me. kindly suggest. I would be willing go with 1508 if there is a difference in sound quality and power

Please add pioneer vsx 832 as it has dolby atoms and Dts X as in 5.1 channel price wise you have to add extra little

in one of the review, commented that bass and treble cannot be adjusted with VSX-832. is this same with all budget AVR?
I guess that is wrong. A basic HTiB has tone control. I guess Pioneer has Tone control in VSX-832. I seen in vsx 330 and 531 so VSX-832 will have.

Yes Pioneer VSX-832 would be a better choice when considering it's network and Dolby Atmos, DTSX capabilities
is 3.1.2 better than 5.1? I am a audio noob. i am not sure how to to use network capabilities other than using amazon prime music which will be very rare

Pioneer 832 is actual 5.1 but has ability to input and output Dolby Atmos and DTSX contents that's an added advantage when compared to other 5.1 AVR you mentioned.
yes, I understand, but is it worth to give around 7k more than yamaha 3072. if I don't setup dolby

What kind of speakers are you planning for?
my shortlisting
- Targa harmony 606 SE
- Targa harmony 506 + woofer (yama or targa)
- Taga Harmony Platinum LCR-60 SL X 2 + some targa platinum for center and rear + woofer (yama or targa)
- Taga Harmony Platinum F-60 SL + some targa platinum for center and rear + woofer (yama or targa)

ok then what about comparing with PIONEER VSX 531, Marantz NR1508? also is the power diff noticeable for small room and normal volume?
Pioneer VSX-531 or 532 if you are considering music as your first preference. With Taga Harmony TAV-606SE. However you will miss the Wifi that NR1508 or Pikneer VSX-832 has. With wifi you get Tunein radios, Media Server options to source media.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back