low Budget 5.1 Home theater advice Yamaha HTR-3072, PIONEER VSX 531, Marantz NR1508

Thanks a lot. Currently my main pref is movies, but later may go music also. so I can say 90% movies and 10% music

Pioneer VSX-531 or 532 if you are considering music as your first preference. With Taga Harmony TAV-606SE. However you will miss the Wifi that NR1508 or Pikneer VSX-832 has. With wifi you get Tunein radios, Media Server options to source media.
how Taga Harmony is related to wifi of AVR? is something I am missing here? are u telling about wireless speaker?

Thanks a lot. Currently my main pref is movies, but later may go music also. so I can say 90% movies and 10% music

how Taga Harmony is related to wifi of AVR? is something I am missing here? are u telling about wireless speaker?
I picked Taga Harmony TAV-606SE from your list that has nothing to do with wifi. Wifi in AVR is an added advantage to connect over internet and play many Tune In Radios in built also Airplay, Future firmware upgrades also wireless media server can be created to play nonstop music, also a chrome cast inbuilt will be helpful.

I picked Taga Harmony TAV-606SE from your list that has nothing to do with wifi. Wifi in AVR is an added advantage to connect over internet and play many Tune In Radios in built also Airplay, Future firmware upgrades also wireless media server can be created to play nonstop music, also a chrome cast inbuilt will be helpful.
U mean to say that for music Targa 606 + pioneer 532. And others for movies?

Can u plz give your opinion on other shortlisted speakers

Last edited:
U mean to say that for music Targa 606 + pioneer 532. And others for movies?
If you have a entry level budget you can go ahead with Pioneer VSX-531, Denon AVR-550BT. If you have a better budget go with Pioneer VSX 832, Marantz NR1508, NR1509. Taga Harmony TAV-606SE will blend well with all these models.

If you have a entry level budget you can go ahead with Pioneer VSX-531, Denon AVR-550BT. If you have a better budget go with Pioneer VSX 832, Marantz NR1508, NR1509. Taga Harmony TAV-606SE will blend well with all these models.
Thanks again, I can stretch the budget little bit for good speaker. For Targa 606 se response ceiling is 20khz. for other speaker in the list it's sound 40khz,. Does this matter a lot?

Thanks again, I can stretch the budget little bit for good speaker. For Targa 606 se response ceiling is 20khz. for other speaker in the list it's sound 40khz,. Does this matter a lot?

Your speaker package selection is great choice for someone with the budget of 30k for 5.0 channel (i.e. Front center and surround). You also need to add a powerful subwoofer which outputs min 200RMS or bare minimum 2 subwoofers with 100+watts RMS each and this set up would keep you away from upgrading subwoofers for few years. Now, on the AVR selection, you have to choose the one based on the features you need than being specific about budget constraints. Ex: Bluetooth which gives the comfort to play song from youtube app, mp3 player from our mobile phones. Just think about it you're gonna spend 25k for AVR without bluetooth, & atmos, dts x features and it won't take much time for you to regret for not having invested a little more to get all these features at once. Therefore, my recommendation for you is to save up a little more 15k and get a solid AVR with all these features. However, if you feel you've already made up your mind then I would suggest you to get a pure 5.1 channel receiver as it is lot better than vsx 832. The minimum requirement for atmos or dtsx decoding requires 7 channel and this receiver does it 3.1.2 which means it is literally sacrificing the presence of surrounds (not to mention the price of pioneer receivers have significantly gone high) so you should be able to get a dolby atmos system for the price of vsx 832 or check out yamaha rx v 583. All these advises are not for future proofing but to keep your itching down about system upgrade soon. Hope you understand my point.

Thanks, for me min requirements is Bluetooth and 5.1 . And atmos is for next upgrade, however if I get a good deal then I am ready to get 5.1.2/7.1 AVR . I was in impression that Maratz and Yamaha are having good pricing with dealers. I have find more

Marantz NR1608 is option for entry levl 7.1 setup. compare to this, NR1609 has some Dolby Digital Ex. I am not sure if is worth to go for that.

looks like most of AVR has only 20 Hz-20 kHz range. So no need to worry about 40khz ceiling, is that correct?

You should call the dealers and get the quote as the first step to get some ideas. Shortlist few and check on their prices.

how is Sony STR-DH790? is available at Tanotis at 33k may be with 120v. some of the reviewers found difficult to setup the avr

Last edited:
Are you saying the power supply is 110 to 120v? If so you should check for the warranty for the product from the dealer and manufacturer. If I were you, I wouldn't risk buying it one. As a matter of fact, there are no receivers officially sold in sony india website.

Are you saying the power supply is 110 to 120v? If so you should check for the warranty for the product from the dealer and manufacturer. If I were you, I wouldn't risk buying it one. As a matter of fact, there are no receivers officially sold in sony india website.
its a US product shipped to India

Did you decide anything? I too have started with the same kind of choices.

Now It's gone up to Pioneer 832 VS Marantz 1508 / 1509 VS Denon 1500H. I think Almost all are Wifi and smart enabled Receivers. But yet to decide.

No I have not, but I have removed poineer and denon from list. bz of failure rates. 1508 is an old model, but good VFM as of now.

Pls check Yamaha's HTR series of AVRs if you are in strict budget. These are quite similar to RXV series and comes in the HTIB package.

Pls check Yamaha's HTR series of AVRs if you are in strict budget. These are quite similar to RXV series and comes in the HTIB package.
Thanks, but they are too entry level. all the trill of selecting speakers/AVR searching forums is missing there

Last edited:
Is it so? It's news to me. I never heard anything like that.
just look at the amazon us and forms u will come to know, all bz of too much outsourcing.
some dealer offered me open box Denon, but I don't want to goahead bz of same issue.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back