My NOS Jamo d830 / concert 8's

Excellent setup .... :clapping: .. :clapping:

But I would have aligned the [top plate & the bottom base] together like this :

2m4817s.jpg

2ch,

what diff would that make sound wise ?? none i suppose.

Aesthetics would be better but thats a subjective thing.

Nice suggestion though..

mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
That was actually how I first aligned them. Then when I was putting the wire in the stands I bumped into the speaker and it turned 30-40' so naturally when i tried realigning them, I found them to be more stable in this position. Which was weird..but anyway I aligned the baseplates to the wall and toe'ed in the speakers towards myself. It was a win win situation both ways :).

The speaker cables seem to have burned in, yesterday I had to push volume upto 80% to get free flowing sound. Now don't need to, the sound opens up around the usual 50% mark. I don't know how people say burning in for cables is a myth. Yesterday the sound was not all that good when I hooked up the monster cables either. So much better now after I left it playing for 16 hours continuous at low volume.

"16 hours continuous" ........ :eek: Recipe for fatigue failure of Seas drivers!

Speakers in studios run for 12 hours a day and last for years. Unless Seas uses drastically inferior drivers for the Jamo line, I dont think you can damage a speaker by just playing it continuously.

If anything, I would worry about the electronics - particularly the amp.

Speakers in studios run for 12 hours a day and last for years. Unless Seas uses drastically inferior drivers for the Jamo line, I dont think you can damage a speaker by just playing it continuously.

Here is what I say

BURN BABY BURNNNNNN!!!!! :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

manufacturers like FM Acoustics of Switzerland mention on their owners' manual : 10 hrs/day, 365 days/per, 36 years

And there are many, many such manufacturers in the highend audio sector.

Playing or leaving equipment continuously on does nothing. In fact, owner of Symphonic Line Rolf Germein says to leave his amps powered ON always and not turn them off.

mindset buddy, all mindset ... ;)

Playing or leaving equipment continuously on does nothing. In fact, owner of Symphonic Line Rolf Germein says to leave his amps powered ON always and not turn them off.

These lovely people obviously have never experienced living in NCR where power comes and goes upto 5 times in less than minute more than several times a day. :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

These lovely people obviously have never experienced living in NCR where power comes and goes upto 5 times in less than minute more than several times a day. :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

entire audio system circuit should be on "high quality backup power" and run thru it irrespective of whether there's electricity or not.

that's what we used to do when living in Gurgaon some yrs back

The back-up power would run dry, if its a place like Gur-GAON .... dunno, if any back-up can last 8 hours ...... sometimes .... :p

entire audio system circuit should be on "high quality backup power" and run thru it irrespective of whether there's electricity or not.

that's what we used to do when living in Gurgaon some yrs back

what kind of back up won u recommend?

We live in an apartment, no place to put a genset without getting fumed to death haha. Neither are we gonna get a genset when theres power backup, just need something to do the transitions but I'm not about to dump more money into into it.

Last edited:
Oh lord, many many reasons. I can literally write a small book on why.

All other reasons put aside, multichannel sound is for multichannel content. Stereo sound is for stereo content. There is no if's or but's about it Try to do both, and both will get compromised. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back