My NOS Jamo d830 / concert 8's

As with all Bangaalis .... the 'bichaana' (bed) invariably becomes a dump yard the moment something new comes in at home. :D

Am not liking the look of the base of the stand. Its weird! ... and is not classy as the speaker .... :sad:

lol yes i was wondering why I put everything on the bed, must be habit.

As for looks, ehhh, I'm happy with it. Can't have everything :) They look pretty good with the speakers on them. :)
Sal alif I found boring and nemesis was a mismatch in design. The BW stands were a mismatch as well.
I liked the three point optimus but given the unbalanced weight of the jamos towards the front of the speaker the three point design was not a risk I was willing to take.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the stands, it is taller than 25" :) Perfect listening height.
The only complain is one of the top plates is curvy and not flat.

Last edited:
look out for bostik blu-tack ( or even faber castell ) to use inbetween the speakers and the stands. These are available at large stationery / craft stores. This will take care of the curviness issue too.

Show pics to the forum after your speakers sits on the stands. It will look much better then.

I think you selected the Sound Foundations Prime model right ?

I am going in for the Nemesis and i think i should get it this weekend. I opted for the 3 point design.. hope it works out for me

:))

BTW, have to pester Ali on the delivery of these :))

mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mahesh

Why dont you just go and collect the stands yourself on a Sunday.

Will be safer and faster then the usual transport (Gati)

I am sure the new stands will work out better then the earlier stands

Regards

look out for bostik blu-tack ( or even faber castell ) to use inbetween the speakers and the stands. These are available at large stationery / craft stores. This will take care of the curviness issue too.

ok will do.

Show pics to the forum after your speakers sits on the stands. It will look much better then.

Yep, soon.

I think you selected the Sound Foundations Prime model right ?

It's actually a custom model Ali and I talked over a few months ago.

The prime actually looks like this
PrimeR1.jpg

- Mine on the other hand have the central pillar of the sal alif,
- the baseplate of the prime cut in the thickness of sal alif plate (prime baseplate is a lot thicker and heavier)
- and a top plate footprint of 7x9 instead of 6x7
- Holes in the central pillar for concealed wiring (I have no intention of filling sand)
- Also I requested for type 3 isospikes instead of the surespike that's normally used on the prime baseplate.

Type 3 Isospike
IsoSpike3.jpg

Surespike
SureSpike2.jpg

I am going in for the Nemesis and i think i should get it this weekend. I opted for the 3 point design.. hope it works out for me

It should given your epos's weight and dimensions from what I saw. These jamos are disproportionately, overly heavy towards the front because of double baffle (almost 13kg or something), on a 3 point design, the weight on the front would have not have been stable so I decided against 3 point for them.

BTW, have to pester Ali on the delivery of these :))

mpw

Yeah I know lol, I pestered ali quite a bit. :p Hopefully he's used to it and does not mind :p.

Last edited:
"It should given your epos's weight and dimensions from what I saw. These jamos are disproportionately, overly heavy towards the front because of double baffle (almost 13kg or something), on a 3 point design, the weight on the front would have not have been stable so I decided against 3 point for them".

Two spikes in front and one rear-middle would have been the most stable design for the Jamos. You could have also tilted down the entire assembly with ease, to make the speaker front actually to have a slight angle .... Most very high end speakers have this cabinet arrangement. No harm in trying that out ...

Two spikes in front and one rear-middle would have been the most stable design for the Jamos. You could have also tilted down the entire assembly with ease, to make the speaker front actually to have a slight angle .... Most very high end speakers have this cabinet arrangement. No harm in trying that out ...

I'm totally happy with how they are right now in stability and looks. Don't want to do any further modifications, even moving them is a huge task.

When and If I get an itch to make any changes before I leave for NZ, will see then.

I think the total weight is coming to around 20+12.6=32.6 kg's My brother was trying to knock over the speakers gently but was like "wow quite sturdy!" :lol:

Last edited:
Hi Mahesh

Why dont you just go and collect the stands yourself on a Sunday.

Will be safer and faster then the usual transport (Gati)

I am sure the new stands will work out better then the earlier stands

Regards

=================================

will pick em up rikhav..hopefully saturday when i am back from travel.

rgds,
mpw

cor,

so u thought the 3 spiked stand would be like an autorickshaw. easy to knock over !!!

ha ha ha ...

The Jamos certainly deserve 4 spiked luxury..

mpw

this is really sexy cor.. welcome to Bookshelves on stands club !!

I am sure HMOG !! the soundstage is broader than the horizon, the imaging is deeper than hell, the highs are screaming, mids are stroooong and lows are maaaaagnificent....that shake the foundation.

but seriously..looks good cor..i hope to be in delhi in a couple of weeks.. can i take some time out and dropin ??

mpw

this is really sexy cor.. welcome to Bookshelves on stands club !!

I am sure HMOG !! the soundstage is broader than the horizon, the imaging is deeper than hell, the highs are screaming, mids are stroooong and lows are maaaaagnificent....that shake the foundation.

but seriously..looks good cor..i hope to be in delhi in a couple of weeks.. can i take some time out and dropin ??

mpw

Lol, thanks. other than directional improvement from height there isnt much of a change. The speaker cable change has altered the sound signature a tiny bit but it's not better or worse, just slightly different. Nothing drastic like the goldy's.

And sure, just let me know from ahead or something, will give you no. in pm later. You should go meet avidyarthy too :)

Last edited:
cor,

'ave already met the bloke

:)) :))

( avid r u reading this ?? ).

sure.. will ping him too and see if we can meet up. I so wanted to hear the TL's too.. again.. in a proper setting..

Magma informs me that my stands are ready too.. just cant wait to get back to mumbai and pick it up ( and liven up the dusty ol' thread of speaker poker with C356 )

maybe gobble will visit again to see the stands ( and yours too ) and advise to spread it out or in.. for maximum sensation pleasure.

Ha ha ha !!!

mpw

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back