My review of the XGIMI H2

sandeepkopuri

Hello,

Like you know from this thread, I ordered a XGIMI H2 global version from Furper. I got it on Monday but unboxed it only today as I was out of town. I also ordered an X-Floor stand from AliExpress which was delivered yesterday. So unboxed both the projector and stand at the same time!

Here are some unboxing pics -

IMG_7918-min.jpg

IMG_2182-min.jpg

IMG_2787-min.jpg

IMG_4208-min.jpg

IMG_4654-min.jpg

IMG_0910-min.jpg

IMG_4830-min.jpg

IMG_0440-min.jpg

IMG_7208-min.jpg

IMG_0251-min.jpg

Last edited:
Very impressed with the projector so far. I am currently projecting onto a whitish pink wall. This will be my screen until November when I move into a new place.

1. Love the remote. Very premium feel and the buttons depress with an assuring click.

2. Auto keystone correction is a joke so far. Have to manually adjust every time. Hope this gets resolved in a software update. Will anyways try to set the projector up perpendicular/center to the screen in my permanent setup.

3. The speakers are OK. But will need to splurge on good speakers once I move into the new place. For me the soundstage behind my ears and the picture in front is just not cutting it. The wife thinks speakers are fine. Go figure!

4. Quickly tried airplay and android mirroring. Could see my iphone screen. Gave up after some time trying to cast a video. Will try after some time.

5. The software feels buggy. Also on behalf of grammar nazis out there, can XGIMI please use standard terminology for menu options ? For example, see below - open/close instead of enable/disable ? And the description doesn't make any sense.

IMG_9658-min.jpg

6. Installed Netflix/Amazon prime video from Aptoide. I cannot sign into Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, I think, crashes when trying to play a video. The Netflix issue could be the HDCP 2.2 support which XGIMI claims will be fixed in a November firmware update.

7. The colors are brilliant ( I'm a noob when it comes to projectors. The only screens I know of are my Sony Bravia 55 inch tv, my LG 4k monitor ). I'll play around with the screen settings other H2 users posted on the internet later.

c1a1df97-1c28-4a37-bda6-26ac4762f3c0-min.JPG

8. The X-floor stand is sturdy and reeks of high quality. Happy with both purchases so far!

9. Haven't tested 3D yet.

10. Where do I register for the warranty ? As soon as I opened the box, there was a card that politely asked to register on a link for warranty purposes. And the link 404's !!

IMG_6266.JPG

Will post more details as I keep using it!

Last edited:
Looks very good!

Can you share the links and prices including custom duty, if any?

Can that stand be used for any other projector like Epson?

Looks very good!

Can you share the links and prices including custom duty, if any?

Can that stand be used for any other projector like Epson?

I bought the projector from Furper for 88K. Got one pair of 3D glasses free along with that.

The stand I bought from VideoProjector Store on AliExpress for 105 USD. They shipped it via GATI. I had to pay zero customs. The stand has a standard 1/4 inch screw that is on DSLRs too. So this should work for any other projector. But the X-Floor stand is a perfect match for XGIMI's projectors because it has a base where the AC to DC adapter block fits in snugly. The wire can then be routed through the pole to the top plugging into the projector. I can take pictures after some time and show you what I mean. I'm not sure if other projector will be able to use this..

I spent a bit more time installing and playing around with apps on the box today.

1. Netflix HD works. Sorry about the misinformation, but what HDCP 2.2 protects is 4k content apparently.
2. Amazon prime video app crashes.
3. SunNxt movies not playing for some reason, HotStar works fine.
4. Watched some 3D videos on YouTube. The XGIMI glasses were extremely uncomfortable when I used it yesterday.

I understand the projector will mostly be connected to some other media server in most use cases ( Fire TV, Apple TV, gaming console, PC, etc ) but wanted to let you know how the apps on the box behave.

what more features are added to h2 compared to h1,brightness improvement then????.
From the top of my head -
1. Auto-focus
2. Auto-closing shutter
3. No need for tripod mounting plate. 1/4inch screw hole in the base of projector.
4. Motion compensation ( apparently reduces smearing when watching fast moving images like sports, etc ).
5. Better throw ratio ( 1.2:1 versus 1.5:1 on the H1 ).

Sure, will do this evening!
Here you go! The sound is not from the projector, from my creative speakers.

Frankly, I think Youtube encoding has smoothened the video so much. In reality the video is really sharp. This sample I'm playing off Fire TV stick. I think going to the cinemas is redundant for me now :)

Last edited:
@elangoas I was wondering if you can suggest me a acoustically transparent screen at a reasonable price. Motorized one I would prefer. My reason for an AT screen is I see myself buying a HT setup that will probably contain a sound bar, sub and a couple of surround speakers. The sound bar will be below the TV and the projection screen will unfurl before the TV. I would like to keep the projection screen as low as possible which would mean the sound bar could end up behind the screen.

Can you please help me out here ?

@elangoas I was wondering if you can suggest me a acoustically transparent screen at a reasonable price. Motorized one I would prefer. My reason for an AT screen is I see myself buying a HT setup that will probably contain a sound bar, sub and a couple of surround speakers. The sound bar will be below the TV and the projection screen will unfurl before the TV. I would like to keep the projection screen as low as possible which would mean the sound bar could end up behind the screen.

Can you please help me out here ?

Sure @sandeepkopuri .. What is the diagonal screen size that you are looking at ?.. Also for Acoustically transparent screen, it is best if it is fixed in a position on a wall.. Motorised rolled one may not be an ideal fit for AT screen..

Lycra Spandex (fabric) is the one aval locally.. I had procured the material from Tiruppur (Textile town of Tamilnadu).. For my AT screen build of 105 inch diagonal, i spent a max of 5K INR all inclusive (Plywood frame, labour to make it to that size, two layers of spandex, staples and bordering too)..

Here is my DIY AT build thread, incase you haven't seen it - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-acoustic-transparent-screen.67092/

Below is an image of my screen -

Sure @sandeepkopuri .. What is the diagonal screen size that you are looking at ?.. Also for Acoustically transparent screen, it is best if it is fixed in a position on a wall.. Motorised rolled one may not be an ideal fit for AT screen..

Hey @elangoas, loved your DIY. For me, fixed frame is out of contention because this is in the living room and with less than 9 foot ceilings in my apartment, I cannot even afford a flip up screen. Also like you said spandex might not be the right choice for a rolling screen because of the need to stretch it a bit ( ?? ).

Hey @elangoas, loved your DIY. For me, fixed frame is out of contention because this is in the living room and with less than 9 foot ceilings in my apartment, I cannot even afford a flip up screen. Also like you said spandex might not be the right choice for a rolling screen because of the need to stretch it a bit ( ?? ).

Thanks.. Understand the room limitations.. Yes, spandex might not be the right choice for rolling the screen..

Would DIY grey paint work for you?.. Might work out the same cost DIY AT screen..

Thanks.. Understand the room limitations.. Yes, spandex might not be the right choice for rolling the screen..

Would DIY grey paint work for you?.. Might work out the same cost DIY AT screen..
I am getting a grey paint on a wall in my study room. But this is not an option in my living room. I will have a TV on the same wall I intend to have a projector screen. Looks like I have to rethink my speaker choices considering I cannot really have a AT screen ?

Small update:

I haven't really noticed a audio lag when I paired the projector with both my Airpods and TP-Link HA100 connected to my creative speakers. This seemed to be recurring complaint across the forums from H1 users. Now I'm not sure if this was fixed in a later software update but on my H2, I don't see this problem

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back