My review of the XGIMI H2

Thanks. I am enjoying the projector. Steps to purchase it via AliExpress are as follows
1) Create an account with AliExpress (if you don't already have one)
2) Search for XGIMI H2 in the search bar in AliExpress
3) Among the various vendors, choose one which says in bold red print that now shipping from INDIA warehouse. This would be LR Digital
4) Contact the seller upfront and tell him/her that you need the item shipped from India and without any customs hassles. Wait for their positive reply.
5) Once agreed, pay the MRP of USD 899 (claim a USD 20 coupon from LR Digital and redeem at checkout to pay net USD 879). If you want 3D glasses or other stuff, you can choose the combo and pay accordingly. Try and use a debit card or credit card which does not charge any markup (or very low mark up) for forex transactions to ensure that you pay right amount in INR. You should pay around INR 61,500/- if you just choose the projector.
6) The seller sends you a local tracking number (GATI or Dehlivery, etc.) and you can track the product - typically 5-6 days it should reach your home.

Thanks for your briefing. Helpfull

Hi,

After a long waiting period, I have got the Xgimi h2 projector and installed. I have bought it from Aliexpress ordering on Nov 11th and got delivered on Feb 1st week without any customs charge.

I have used it for a maximum of 30 hours watching movies, youtube, and gaming etc. The performance is excellent.

I have my wall painted with Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating + mixed with Berger Silver Grey + water dissolvable silver glitter paint.

Attached some of the snaps.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20190226_003927.jpg
    20190226_003927.jpg
    860.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190226_004419.jpg
    20190226_004419.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190226_004005.jpg
    20190226_004005.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190226_004143.jpg
    20190226_004143.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 141
Hi Can anybody from Delhi NCR I would like to have small demo if possible - adding Cup of tea ☕️ Would be most appreciable

Using Rigal DLP 602 But now wanted to upgrade Xgimi H2 ... Since they have launched 2 More projector Mogo pro but its Mini Built in battery version .. Not my taste ..My Number is 9810780052

Is H1/H2 still the best entry level led 1080p projector available in India?
How is the contrast and black levels compared to benq ht2050?

Hi all,

Been a long time since I posted on the forum. Small update. H2 still going strong. Enjoying the IPL/movies/pretty much everything on the projector these days. I also made my screen-retracting-action more seamless and integrated into the living room. Here are some pictures of my current setup

IMG_3032.jpgIMG_3033.jpg

By the way, the screen I bought from Amazon along with @vizeta . All good so far, except I accidentally projected once onto the dark grey wallpaper behind my TV and from then on, I'm missing the contrast!! See the below pictures to understand what I mean,

.IMG_3030.jpg

This is when I project onto the screen. The screen is supposed to white letters on black background. The lighting in my room is what it would be after all the curtains are drawn close at 5:30 pm. Now see when I project it onto the grey wallpaper,

IMG_3029.jpg

Is there a place I can get a grey projector screen, just the fabric ? I intend to fit into the existing screen's motor. I saw the Salange projector screen fabric on aliexpress but I'm not sure if that would work for electric screens ( retractable ). Can someone please suggest what I can do here ?

SOS @elangoas :)
Hi all,

Been a long time since I posted on the forum. Small update. H2 still going strong. Enjoying the IPL/movies/pretty much everything on the projector these days. I also made my screen-retracting-action more seamless and integrated into the living room. Here are some pictures of my current setup

View attachment 35557View attachment 35558

By the way, the screen I bought from Amazon along with @vizeta . All good so far, except I accidentally projected once onto the dark grey wallpaper behind my TV and from then on, I'm missing the contrast!! See the below pictures to understand what I mean,

.View attachment 35559

This is when I project onto the screen. The screen is supposed to white letters on black background. The lighting in my room is what it would be after all the curtains are drawn close at 5:30 pm. Now see when I project it onto the grey wallpaper,

View attachment 35560

Is there a place I can get a grey projector screen, just the fabric ? I intend to fit into the existing screen's motor. I saw the Salange projector screen fabric on aliexpress but I'm not sure if that would work for electric screens ( retractable ). Can someone please suggest what I can do here ?

Hi all,

Looks very good.

With the locally aval fabric (spandex), don't think you would be able to fit into existing screen, as the spandex fabric is generally stretched (devoid of any wrinkles) to get perfect viewing experience

With the locally aval fabric (spandex), don't think you would be able to fit into existing screen, as the spandex fabric is generally stretched (devoid of any wrinkles) to get perfect viewing experience

Right, spandex needs to be stretched and for my living room setup, a fixed frame screen is not possible..

hi can u tell me how to get audio output from yamaha 299 from xgimi h2 without using android box or using the usb port in projector

Hi, anyone has issues with streaming HBO Go on xgimi? Mine is showing up as blank screen with no audio but the timer keeps running as per normal.

Hi bro. Congratulations for your brand new H2. You got it from AE. Even i am interested to order it on today through LR Digital. kindly guide me on how to order to avoid custom & tax? I am from Mumbai. Cell- 8879654562. at what cost you purchased it?
I can tell you how I avoided paying Customs duty. The Shipper's Consignee in India handles custom clearance in their own way while the Shipper provides "Tariff Insurance" at the time of Online purchase. I was lucky enough to pay only INR 51,000/- in April 2019 all inclusive (shipping, customs duties, insurance, etc). I got the Chinese Version but I have been able to change the Settings menu converted to English language.
Unfortunately, the price has since then gone up to 75K on Banggood.

Hi Sandeep,
Any updates on hdcp 2.2 or netflix Full HD fix?
I have been able to play Netflix 4K on my XGIMI H2....
I launch Netflix App on my iPad and stream using a Google Chromecast connected to the HDMI port.
I am also able to stream 4K videos from Youtube on the XGIMI H2 screen.

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy XGIMI H2. Im a little confused with different reviews over the net. Though I got a lot of positive feedback, Im worried from some of the reviews where they stated the projectors had issues( like it starts up, shows logo and shuts down). They stated further that there was no response from sellers/manufacturers and that the money went in the drain. For a moment, I felt may be going for Z6 could be a less riskier step than H2 considering the price. I would like your guidance.

Can some of you share a long term feedback on the product ? Did you face any degradation on the quality ? Any new/major issues that came up, if so how did you tackle the same as there is no service center or means to fix in India .

Thank you,
Sudarsan

Can some of you share a long term feedback on the product ? Did you face any degradation on the quality ? Any new/major issues that came up, if so how did you tackle the same as there is no service center or means to fix in India .

I own the Xgimi H1 for abt 2 yrs time now, haven't faced any issues.. Never updated the firmware on the projector.. For the fear of something going wrong & may be the need to fix it after firmware update, i don't connect the projector to wi-fi..

H2 is an improved version of H1 w.r.t brightness and throw ratio.. So should be good.. Please wait for H2 owners to add issues if they are facing any..

I own the Xgimi H1 for abt 2 yrs time now, haven't faced any issues.. Never updated the firmware on the projector.. For the fear of something going wrong & may be the need to fix it after firmware update, i don't connect the projector to wi-fi..

H2 is an improved version of H1 w.r.t brightness and throw ratio.. So should be good.. Please wait for H2 owners to add issues if they are facing any..
Thanks for your inputs.

On one hand, that makes sense because most of the issues will not be due to hardware but the firmware upgrades or patch installs. Using projector for its full 1080p, 1350 lumens and throw ratio should ideally not create much of an issue. We can feed in the wifi data with laptops or phone syncs anyway.

Hmmm on the other hand, if we just needed these configurations without the "smart" aspect of it, do you see any other non-smart portable projector that can give better value for the budget ?

Between, I request other H2 owners to share their valuable feedback.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back