New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

Hmmmm Could be.

Check the link for the new 2010 line. Not sure when their equivalents will reach Indian market.

2010 US | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

I think it has to do with wrong sales projection anticipated by the manufacturers who took recession in to calculations.

Every famous plasma from panasonic and every famous LCD from samsung are out of stock in the US/UK/India.

Only LG and sony got the equation right and have stock of all models (or are selling lesser number of products than anticipated).

Hmmmm Could be.

Check the link for the new 2010 line. Not sure when their equivalents will reach Indian market.

2010 US | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

Panasonic was the first one to update their 2010 lines on their websites almost two weeks ago during CES. AVS had put up this link on the 6th of Jan itself . That thread is already a big one and i hve been following it since day 1.

The hot topic has infact moved over to when and at what cost these would be introduced vis a vis last year. AVS biggie Phil has indicated they would post prices as soon as they are announced.

For one the S2 (the updated version of the S10) prices are already out on the US website. The S2 should cost as much or less than the S10 when it was released last year in India as well. The G20 will be released in Japan in the first week of Feb and looking at Jap prices they should cost as much as the G10 or even lesser

A point to note is that Panasonic has been doing a good job of releasing their best selling models in India over the past couple of years (except for eg.G15). However their major problems include uneven pricing(for eg. the S10 selling at G10 prices in India),the lack of appropriate sizes and worse shortage of avlble models

Last edited:
A point to note is that Panasonic has been doing a good job of releasing their best selling models in India over the past couple of years (except for eg.G15). However their major problems include uneven pricing(for eg. the S10 selling at G10 prices in India),the lack of appropriate sizes and worse shortage of avlble models

At least last year, panasonic was pushing only the 42" C10 and very few places displayed the X10 itself and G10 was no where to be seen.

The pricing of 50" were outrageous compared to competetion and the comparitive US prices!! While the US prices corrected themselves multiple times during the year, the indian pries were put at the same 'old' introduction prices and the showrooms did not come below the MRP in most instances inspite of bad show in the 50" segment..

The prices of G10 infact raised from ~56k to ~68k because of the demand created by wrong calculation from panasonic.

If they come in with, "It is india, lets sell the C10 only" attitude this year too, It is hard to keep up. A quality product only helps so much.

Samsung was better with pricing but availability was still as bad.

I got the prices of G10= 63K & V10= 138K at Alpha in mumbai & at the panasanic brand shop in surat it was quoted as G10= 65K & V10=140K. It's a big diff form the prices as quoted by sanjay in delhi. Any reasons as to why such a big diff? I'm yet to check out the V10, but is it really worth double the price of the G10?
TIA
Thanks

At least last year, panasonic was pushing only the 42" C10 and very few places displayed the X10 itself and G10 was no where to be seen.

The pricing of 50" were outrageous compared to competetion and the comparitive US prices!!

Why the thumbs down, my friend? You seem to be making the same points ,except that i would like to add some comments as well to the rest of your observations

Last edited:
I got the prices of G10= 63K & V10= 138K at Alpha in mumbai & at the panasanic brand shop in surat it was quoted as G10= 65K & V10=140K. It's a big diff form the prices as quoted by sanjay in delhi. Any reasons as to why such a big diff?
The problem is the VERY high gap in MRP set by Panasonic and the dealer price. Thus you have this anomaly of prices varying so much depending on the discount each dealer is willing to offer.

The MRP and street prices comparison:

42"
G10: 80,000 | 55,000
S10: 68,000 | 50,000
X10: 54,000 | 42,000
C10: 52,000 | 36,000 (The prices supposedly are so low due to a Diwali scheme under which Panasonic dumped huge quantities of 42" C10 on the dealers, who are now trying to liquidate them)

50"
V10: 150,000 | 120,000 (Reported by someone else to be available for 110,000)
S10: 126,000 | 100,000
X10: 90,000 | 75,000
C10: 79,000 | 68,000 (Reported by someone to be available for 60,000)

I'm yet to check out the V10, but is it really worth double the price of the G10?
Do keep in mind, that the 'V10' is 50" whereas the 'G10' is only 42".

@ sanjay thanks. The prices at alfa in mumbai are normally the most competetive. Hence i'm surprised by the diff in the prices.

I'm aware that the v10 is a 50" & g10 a 42" but most of the specs are much the same hence was intrested to know as to how much of a diff does it have under say tata sky set top box or a HD signal.

Cheers

Why the thumbs down, my friend? You seem to be making the same points ,except that i would like to add some comments as well to the rest of your observations

Lol.. :)
Thumbs down is for panasonic's stategy not for your comment.. :p

@ sanjay thanks. The prices at alfa in mumbai are normally the most competetive. Hence i'm surprised by the diff in the prices.

I'm aware that the v10 is a 50" & g10 a 42" but most of the specs are much the same hence was intrested to know as to how much of a diff does it have under say tata sky set top box or a HD signal.

Cheers

50" G10 costs only marginally less than the V10.
The panel is same and the distinguishing feature is the look and feel (full glass) and few minor changes.

Has anybody linked up G10 with Onkyo 3300/3400 HT system? What is the recommended connection method? I have a TSky HD Box, Hathway STB and Xtreamer as source systems.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back