New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

It seems that Pana has finally brought a consignment of G10s into India.
What was your purchase price?

Plasma 42G10 setting with aspect ratio 16:9

If I watch my Pana keeping the aspect ratio as 16:9 and keeping Picture overscan as off , i get a line like(--------) at the top left portion on the edge i.e close to frame. If I change the pic overscan as "ON" the line disappears.
For this reason I normally keep the aspect ratio as "just" , with no problem like the above .
My source is Airtel DTh.
Is it because the telecast is not proper in 16:9 format?
Please share your experience and view.

I get the exact same line on my G10 with overscan off.
And I use Tata Sky+.
I thought that the TS+ is adding it. But if its there on the Airtel box as well, then....

I get the exact same line on my G10 with overscan off.
And I use Tata Sky+.
I thought that the TS+ is adding it. But if its there on the Airtel box as well, then....

Check if it appears when using other sources such as DVD, cable, WDTV/Xtreamer etc. Usually this has to do with the source. I did not have this problem though...

Check if it appears when using other sources such as DVD, cable, WDTV/Xtreamer etc. Usually this has to do with the source. I did not have this problem though...

Its not there with DVD - only Tata Sky. Dont have a HD source as yet so cannot comment - both DVD and TS are connected through component.

hi all,
42" G10 costs around 56.4k in kolkata(with eMI)..i bought it..

Hi Guys,
An info to share..bad news the prices of g10 42" has moved up to 66.5k, the offer of 56.4k was during the diwali offer.

sorry to give this heart breaking news..the eMI is there...it not with any exchange

Hi Guys,
An info to share..bad news the prices of g10 42" has moved up to 66.5k, the offer of 56.4k was during the diwali offer.

sorry to give this heart breaking news..the eMI is there...it not with any exchange

Guess this is due to extreme shortage of G10s in the country. Maybe panny never expected this series to take off so well in india.

How come this set is cheaper by 3-4K in Kolkata? I got mine for 60K in Gurgaon a month back. However, I think the Kolkata price has been hovering around 56K for longer!

Hey... Manu... where in Gurgaon Did you buy your G10 from, i am still waiting to get a reliable dealer for this thing.

How come this set is cheaper by 3-4K in Kolkata? I got mine for 60K in Gurgaon a month back. However, I think the Kolkata price has been hovering around 56K for longer!

Hi Manu,
the price tag og 56.4k (around a month earlier) was there in only one dealer. Rest all were quoting around 62k. They were giving some shop discount. Now the price is around 66.5k in kolkata.

at compare india the prise of VIERA TH-P42G10D
MRP: Rs 79,900
CI Price: Rs 59,500
chk this link Compare Television: LCD TV, Flat Televisions, Plasma TV. Compare Price, Size & TV Features

Yeah saw that on compare india today. Thats good news for all the G10 suitors..
BTW anyone know anything about this Notice on Panasonic India website
Notice to Panasonic customers
Please Purchase your product from Panasonic Authorized Dealers & Outlets only.
Please ensure that there is a original Panasonic warranty card with your purchase.
Please ensure that the warranty card is duely filled and stamped by the dealer.
Please register your product online: Panasonic - Home
For any questions regarding Customer Care, please email: [email protected]
Helpline Phone: (044) 22352501
Universal Access No: 1860 425 1860 (for MTNL & BSNL subscribers)
Company reserves the right to change promotional offers as it deems fit and will vary from time to time.

Seems a lot of people have sold imported (from Thailand) sets in the Indian Market..!!
Any Clues on this?

hi folks,
g10 42" will be expected after dec 20th in ahmedabd. I had a tack with panny's area manager. he gave me some inputs regarding x10 compare to g10, as per him, it is not worth spending extra bucks on 1080p of g10 as full hd broadcasting of channels will take more than 5-7 years in india. and the there is not majorly distingwished if we put the both the models side by side. I really surprised that the co's person disregard their upcoming versions !!!
But as per my understanding, it is very true that full hd is very far in india as a chennel broadcasting. secondly, i checked the performance of full hd & hd ready tvs in showroom running hd dvd but hardly make out much diffrence in PQ. I am planning to buy plasma 42" either of panny x10 or g10(before jan15th) or LG pQ 70 plasma in 42"

can anyone suggest me the best tv based on watching performance i.e. color reproduction, contrast, high black levels sharpness of picture and ofcourse long & hassle free service life. If any other brand recommendation from any one of you is highly invited provided it should be used by him.

In addition, I am looking for best DTH with excellent picture quality and best services with reasonable pricing.

If anyone can give me some inputs in that regard. thanks

I got it from the Panasonic Brand Shop in MGF Plaza mall. No complaints...

Ohh thats great if the Panny Brand Shop sold you at 60K and Compare India has a delhi rate of 59900, considering VAT is more in Haryana, i would say you got a great deal !!

Congrats on the G10 dude..! I will follow suit soon..:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back