New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

I had Pv8 and now 42G10. G10 is much better even for Sd as compared .
In fact the contrast and colors are much better than PV8.The moving object in any sports activity is better displayed on 42G10.
As regards 42C10 and Pv8 , go for 42C10. It is newer technology with better contrast and sub field speed resulting in better display of moving objects.
As regards power consumption , it all depends with what setting you watch your TV. The settings given for or similar to that for G10 in TV setting thread is very good and the power consumption will be very less.

Thanks appuchan. It looks like I am left with no good Plasma options. The C10/G10 look very soft and pale to me for SD. I was keen on Samsung B550, but has the 50 Hz issue. LG seems to be popular, but giving it a second thought after the review on plasmatvbuyingguide.com. Any other options that I can consider in plasmas? I don't mind spending a little more for a good Full HD plasma if SD performance is also good.

It all depends on the signal quality. I have access to very good signals from Hathway and decent ones from Tatasky. I get a German channel on my Hathway, dont remember the name (DW?), it looks fantastic on my G10. I just keep watching it even if I dont understand it a bit. The colors are so balanced and clean. Most other channels has over-saturated or dull transmission which we cannot help. Asianet and Amrita, both mallu channels, look pretty good on it as well. HBO is decent.

If you are going LCD way, decide between Sony or Samsung. Else it is just Pana, at least for me. And again, if viewing is more SD, then I suggest a plasma. So, you have the choice laid out :)

Please see some sample screen shots from Asianet and DW TV. I can send the actual pictures if anybody requires...

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 125
Please see some sample screen shots from Asianet and DW TV. I can send the actual pictures if anybody requires...

Awesome pics.
I hope they are from hathway digital? I too have the same.

Anybody out there, Can you post the pics from your Panny X10? PV80? (Probably with Hathway or tata Sky which seem best as of date) ?

Panasonic guys really need to learn to do a proper demo.
The place I and addagalla went for audition, the quality was horrible to say the least.
They had a poor quality(!) dish TV.
Planning to take a plasma this weekend. PQ70 on top of list as of now. Pictures like this make me rethink.

Hey, visit reliance Digital. they have Blu ray connected and shall play any dvd's we want, but TV programmes are IMO pretty OK. This is the case at their store in ECIL. No 50" was available. They say no stock.

The same evening I visited banjara hills Rd No. 12 store, it was thee full and sundry.

Lying rogues and they also do not even think before telling.

Anyways the TV(42") looked good but the whites(as I remember) and the text displayed was not smooth(donno tech term).

Hope this helps.

42" was for 45K and50"(60K).

Hey, visit reliance Digital. they have Blu ray connected and shall play any dvd's we want, but TV programmes are IMO pretty OK. This is the case at their store in ECIL. No 50" was available. They say no stock.

The same evening I visited banjara hills Rd No. 12 store, it was thee full and sundry.

Lying rogues and they also do not even think before telling.

Anyways the TV(42") looked good but the whites(as I remember) and the text displayed was not smooth(donno tech term).

Hope this helps.

42" was for 45K and50"(60K).

Which 42" model are you talking about? :rolleyes:
is it the X10?

G10 is like 65k for 42"

Prices of S10 and G10 at Pondicherry are 60k and 72k respectively. Prices include taxes and 3 yrs warranty.

hey I inquired at reliance ECIL branch and they have42 c10 44K(goods worth 6990 free). They say another model, if I remember correctly for 60K - 50" at RD No. 12.

Guys staying near pls. check.

Last edited:
hey I inquired at reliance ECIL branch and they have42 c10 44K(goods worth 69990 free). They say another model, if I remember correctly for 60K - 50" at RD No. 12.

Guys staying near pls. check.

Whats ECIL Branch? Do you have a number?
C10 is only 44k everywhere.. With free 50 DVDs..

What is this 69990 goods? Are you sure with the number of 9's?? ;)

dude c10 is 41k in pune..
try negotiating for lower price.
btw the dvd pack is not worth imo.
just burn them using regular dvds and it'll hardly cost 300bucks.

guys went thru this comparision...
s10 and g10
though contrast ratio/infinite black is the difference... and also neo pdp ..and yeah g10 is 600hz and s10 is 550 hz its a small difference i guess
heard neo pdp will decrease power consumption but to the contrast it increases..
neither in stand by mode neither in normal mode- g10 has no edge in power consumption
please have a look and guide..
Compare India
also descriptions on panasonic india sites gives the same details

Last edited:
Plasma 42G10 setting with aspect ratio 16:9

If I watch my Pana keeping the aspect ratio as 16:9 and keeping Picture overscan as off , i get a line like(--------) at the top left portion on the edge i.e close to frame. If I change the pic overscan as "ON" the line disappears.
For this reason I normally keep the aspect ratio as "just" , with no problem like the above .
My source is Airtel DTh.
Is it because the telecast is not proper in 16:9 format?
Please share your experience and view.

Guys, I finally got my G10 today after a month of waiting.

Its an amazing TV! Thanks to HiFiVision I made a great choice. Thank you all!!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back