New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

The resolution is the same - the TS+ box has S-video and component in addition to Composite, the TS box did not (I have read here that newer STBs from TataSky may have these outputs - so that may not be relevant anymore.

Will the Component out (on TS+) make a lot of difference compared to the Composite out (regular TS), in terms PQ on a Full HD LCD?

Will the Component out (on TS+) make a lot of difference compared to the Composite out (regular TS), in terms PQ on a Full HD LCD?

I dont think it will be a LOT, though it definitely may be perceptible. For the record, I did try it using the composite today, and it was still pretty watchable!

I tried connecting TataSky and Cable through my AVR with STB->Composite->AVR->HDMI->G10. However could not notice any perceptible difference in quality. Colors looked a bit vivid though..

Last edited:
I tried connecting TataSky and Cable through my AVR with STB->Composite->AVR->HDMI->G10. However could not notice any perceptible difference in quality. Colors looked a bit vivid though..

appuchan, does your AVR do the deinterlacing or scaling before sending the images to the TV?

Can anyone please tell me... Where in hyderabad I can get demo for 42PG10?
Also the best price in hyderabad... thanks in advance :)

Can anyone please tell me... Where in hyderabad I can get demo for 42PG10?
Also the best price in hyderabad... thanks in advance :)

Daywell Generics, V.C. Plaza, Opp. BJP Office,, Kukatpally, Hyderabad - 040 4011 7463

This looks like a panasonic exclusive showroom. I called them and they did have a G10 available for demo. If Kukatpally is too far for you, try calling Bajaj, TMC or Ezone. Not sure but they might have it too.

well now that i have finally decided to buy the 42G10 the bigger problem is the availability of the same. Non of the panasonic brand shops in Mumbai seem to have any idea on the fresh stock of the same.

Guys any idea on when the tv will be available or where is it available in mumbai

thanks in advance
siddharth

well now that i have finally decided to buy the 42G10 the bigger problem is the availability of the same. Non of the panasonic brand shops in Mumbai seem to have any idea on the fresh stock of the same.

Guys any idea on when the tv will be available or where is it available in mumbai

thanks in advance
siddharth

Try @ alpha - Vile parle (W)

thanks in advance
siddharth

+1 ..

I am also having a tough time getting G10 here in Pune. Looks like its really in shortage since Diwali. :(

The showroom folks however told me that it will be available by 7th/8th Nov. Anyways, I hope that they get fresh stocks with the new firmware :)

Cheers,

I have bought a g10 a month back for 62K with 3 yr warranty. Had a samsung 32" lcd peviously. Wanted to updgrade to 42" and went with pana plasma.
Am very satisfied with the performance.
Blacks are inky blacks and have noticed no motion blur. Colors are solid and the tv does not get hot like my previous lcd.

If anyone needs to ask anything specificabout the tv's performance etc, lemme know.

I have currently connected tata sky, xbox 360 and sony home theatre to the
tv.

Maverick, can you share your experience with G10 on SD (tata sky) picture quality? And also general feedback on DVD & HD performance.

I found SD picture quality (using Dish TV) same on both C10 & G10, though I was expecting C10 to do better because it's HD ready. If any of you have first hand experience with both these models, please share your opinion.

Maverick, can you share your experience with G10 on SD (tata sky) picture quality? And also general feedback on DVD & HD performance.

I found SD picture quality (using Dish TV) same on both C10 & G10, though I was expecting C10 to do better because it's HD ready. If any of you have first hand experience with both these models, please share your opinion.

SD quality is as good as it can get on a large screen. There is a setting called 3DComb which helps to sharpen SD images. C10 is ok if you are looking at owning the TV for a short term, say 3 yrs or so. G10 makes better sense on a long term considering we may have common availability of HD media and transmission in another 5 years.

One report on the power consumption, we had our first bill power bill after G10 arrived and it was about Rs 250 more than our average till then:sad:. That means, G10 consumes fairly good amount of power (~40 Units) in its ~120 hrs of operation last month.

Last edited:
SD quality is as good as it can get on a large screen. There is a setting called 3DComb which helps to sharpen SD images. C10 is ok if you are looking at owning the TV for a short term, say 3 yrs or so. G10 makes better sense on a long term considering we may have common availability of HD media and transmission in another 5 years.

One report on the power consumption, we had our first bill power bill after G10 arrived and it was about Rs 250 more than our average till then:sad:. That means, G10 consumes fairly good amount of power (~40 Units) in its ~120 hrs of operation last month.

Thanks appuchan. It looks like I am left with no good Plasma options. The C10/G10 look very soft and pale to me for SD. I was keen on Samsung B550, but has the 50 Hz issue. LG seems to be popular, but giving it a second thought after the review on plasmatvbuyingguide.com. Any other options that I can consider in plasmas? I don't mind spending a little more for a good Full HD plasma if SD performance is also good.

Thanks appuchan. It looks like I am left with no good Plasma options. The C10/G10 look very soft and pale to me for SD. I was keen on Samsung B550, but has the 50 Hz issue. LG seems to be popular, but giving it a second thought after the review on plasmatvbuyingguide.com. Any other options that I can consider in plasmas? I don't mind spending a little more for a good Full HD plasma if SD performance is also good.

Since you are in hyderabad, Do visit the Ezone in Jubilee hills (Road number 36, Near Honda Showroom). They have a 2008 model LG 42PG21 in display.

This thing does not have "smart Energy Save" or whatever bullshit they introduced in 2009.

Actually I dont mind spending on electricity for that kind of picture. Suffice to say that it can go is as bright as a LCD which was nearby (Samsung 5 series). Even "Normal" mode looked brighter than vivid mode of 2009 models. LG has also listed it as "Ultra Bright Panel" in the product page (42PG61s too) which they removed in the 2009 models.

I have to say the picture looks great with good amount of brightness.

From here, I can equate what I will miss in terms of brightness from 2009 models.

Man, the PV8 and PV80 would have looked wonderful compared to C10 & X10. If only I was shopping last year.. :(

I could not get the demo of a PV8/PV80 anywhere. Guys in hyderabad, please let me know if you come accross tham anywhere.
Iam even thinking of picking up one of these if it is available anywhere.

P.S: You can see PQ70 in the croma next door within 5 minutes. So the brightness factor is not subjective but objective.

Last edited:
Since you are in hyderabad, Do visit the Ezone in Jubilee hills (Road number 36, Near Honda Showroom). They have a 2008 model LG 42PG21 in display.

This thing does not have "smart Energy Save" or whatever bullshit they introduced in 2009.

Actually I dont mind spending on electricity for that kind of picture. Suffice to say that it can go is as bright as a LCD which was nearby (Samsung 5 series). Even "Normal" mode looked brighter than vivid mode of 2009 models. LG has also listed it as "Ultra Bright Panel" in the product page (42PG61s too) which they removed in the 2009 models.

I have to say the picture looks great with good amount of brightness.

From here, I can equate what I will miss in terms of brightness from 2009 models.

Man, the PV8 and PV80 would have looked wonderful compared to C10 & X10. If only I was shopping last year.. :(

I could not get the demo of a PV8/PV80 anywhere. Guys in hyderabad, please let me know if you come accross tham anywhere.
Iam even thinking of picking up one of these if it is available anywhere.

P.S: You can see PQ70 in the croma next door within 5 minutes. So the brightness factor is not subjective but objective.

Thanks. For PV8 or PV80, try calling Croma jubilee hills. I think they have them.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back