New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

About the 3 years warranty on Panasonic TVs do you think it will continue beyond October? I know they selling it as a Diwali special....Does anyone have contacts with Panasonic to confirm this?

dear all P42g10D owners (present & future),

i hope you all know that this 3year warranty has one condition --the first year is comprehensive warranty including all parts but the following 2 years EXCLUDE the panel. ;)

i hope you all know that this 3year warranty has one condition --the first year is comprehensive warranty including all parts but the following 2 years EXCLUDE the panel. ;)

I was confirmed at Panasonic brand shop in Pune that it covers panel also for 3 years.

hey!
it was a mis print..
it has been revised!!

Dear Friends,
I stumbled onto this forum today coincidentally while considering the purchase of a G10.
Reading all your posts, I have a few questions. I'll be glad if you could solve some of my doubts.

I plan to use the G10 mostly for my PS3 and SD viewing. I gather that SD quality is not that great on the G10. How about PS3 games? Will I be better off buying an LCD instead?

My Panasonic dealer in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu wouldn't come down below Rs. 70K for 2 TV's each for my friend and I. I was a little satisfied with the pricing till I started reading some success stories here on the forum where people have got the G10 for mid Rs. 60's. Could it be the difference in geographies and taxes that make my TV pricier? Should I haggle with him for another 2-3K discount?

Even more important than the price, please let me know if my choice for G10 is a poor one for Tata Sky+ and PS3 usage. Should I look at some other plasmas? or LCDs?

Thank You.

Hey! One of my friends is in the process of getting a 42" panasonic plasma. I reccomended the G10 but the shop owner says the S10 is a better buy esp on SD. Also G10 panel has found to have a few problems so panasonic is going to discontinue the G10. Is this true? Also what is the price for a S10?
TIA
Cheers

Hey! One of my friends is in the process of getting a 42" panasonic plasma. I reccomended the G10 but the shop owner says the S10 is a better buy esp on SD. Also G10 panel has found to have a few problems so panasonic is going to discontinue the G10. Is this true? Also what is the price for a S10?
TIA
Cheers

Most of the places G 10 is not in stock , but other models are not so i am not surprised if the shop owner has cooked some story to sell you a lower model instead of G10 to push sales as you are a potential customer.

S 10 is also good, many forum users have bought the same for 53k change

Last edited:
SD quality on G10 is better to me than the previous PV8.
The black level in G10 is something to see.
Even in well lighted room , I am able to watch G10 keeping contrast at 25 only.
Searching on the net will give an idea how popular is G10 model.

SD quality on G10 is better to me than the previous PV8.
The black level in G10 is something to see.
Even in well lighted room , I am able to watch G10 keeping contrast at 25 only.
Searching on the net will give an idea how popular is G10 model.

Thanks Binoy. I am using a 32" Sony LCD V series. I just don't want my picture quality on SD TV to be lower with a new G10. How about PS3 performance on G10? Thanks.

I was a little satisfied with the pricing till I started reading some success stories here on the forum where people have got the G10 for mid Rs. 60's.
People in Calcutta have booked G10s at mid 50s prices. Not sure how the dealers are quoting such a wide variety of price points.

Hey Achilles,

Did you try out the EU firmware on the G10D?

I have finalized on the P42G10 and will be taking delivery today... will be buying a PS3 once the slim is released. Was wondering about the problem with playing games in 1080p...

-
Manu

1) Can someone give me first hand information on how well G10 upscales from SD? 80% of my usage would be Tata Sky.

2) Has anyone bought this in Hyderabad? I'd like to know the dealer & price details.

Thanks

1) Can someone give me first hand information on how well G10 upscales from SD? 80% of my usage would be Tata Sky.

2) Has anyone bought this in Hyderabad? I'd like to know the dealer & price details.

Thanks

The picture quality is as good you can get at that screen sizes. I have not seen anything significantly better on other large screen TVs. In my case, I find the Hathway cable signals a bit more sharper than TataSky.

About 3 years warranty , can somebody clarify whether he got any special paper/sticker from Panasonic showing the warranty coverage as 3 years? The normal warranty card which comes with G10 mentions only one year as warranty.
In absence of any special sticker reg 3 years warranty there may be some dispute.
The only paper will be cash memo showing date of purchase falling with in scheme period.

I got my G10 delivered and setup yesterday - I must say I was pleasantly surprized with the SD results - I use Tata Sky + component video (576i), and the image was pretty good! Of course, its still SD - but I had read in this thread and other places that the SD picture is not that great. In fact, when I was comparing the PQ in the stores as well, Tata Sky was not looking that good - on any 42 " LCD/Plasma, wont say that it was bad on this particular model.

At the home environment, watching TV (Tata Sky) is indeed not a problem at all. This is my first Plasma and must say, am happy with my purchase!! :yahoo:

DVDs (480p/576p) though my Philips DVD (again component) gave excellent results.

Do not have a bluray source as yet, and plan to buy the PS3 Slim once it launches next month!

About 3 years warranty , can somebody clarify whether he got any special paper/sticker from Panasonic showing the warranty coverage as 3 years? The normal warranty card which comes with G10 mentions only one year as warranty.
In absence of any special sticker reg 3 years warranty there may be some dispute.
The only paper will be cash memo showing date of purchase falling with in scheme period.

One year is the regular warranty, I was told by the dealer that Panasonic will be sending over the extra 2 year extended warranty paper by post/courier within the next month or so for all applicable cases.

I got my G10 delivered and setup yesterday - I must say I was pleasantly surprized with the SD results - I use Tata Sky + component video (576i), and the image was pretty good! Of course, its still SD - but I had read in this thread and other places that the SD picture is not that great. In fact, when I was comparing the PQ in the stores as well, Tata Sky was not looking that good - on any 42 " LCD/Plasma, wont say that it was bad on this particular model.

At the home environment, watching TV (Tata Sky) is indeed not a problem at all. This is my first Plasma and must say, am happy with my purchase!! :yahoo:

DVDs (480p/576p) though my Philips DVD (again component) gave excellent results.

Do not have a bluray source as yet, and plan to buy the PS3 Slim once it launches next month!

Thanks. Also thank you appuchan.

>I use Tata Sky + component video (576i), and the image was pretty good!

What's the resolution of Tata Sky compared to Tata Sky Plus? Is it less than 576?

What's the resolution of Tata Sky compared to Tata Sky Plus? Is it less than 576?

The resolution is the same - the TS+ box has S-video and component in addition to Composite, the TS box did not (I have read here that newer STBs from TataSky may have these outputs - so that may not be relevant anymore.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back