Norge Amp

thameem

Any body using Norge 2060 UBT?I am interested in buying a new amp. + a CD player only for songs.(hindi Tamil and some instrumentals).At present any body using it. Which speakers are used. My room size 16 / 10.Want hear atleast two hours a day.

Decide on the speakers first, then find a matching amp. Norge is a great value for money amplifier, so is definitely a contender in that price range.

Decide on the speakers first, then find a matching amp. Norge is a great value for money amplifier, so is definitely a contender in that price range.
+ 1! Get your speakers first. Then the amp. Then the source & ICs! I have used the Norge 2060 many years ago. Fantastic vfm integrated amp with a warm smooth signature.

If u are keen on Norge ,go with their speakers , BS or FS, but having used the combo , can definitely vouch for them. Their millenium bookshelves used to be a great match for the 2060 or the 1000.
Cheers...

If u are keen on Norge ,go with their speakers , BS or FS, but having used the combo , can definitely vouch for them. Their millenium bookshelves used to be a great match for the 2060 or the 1000.
Cheers...
Wheater
Cheers...
Norge speakers are available in Chennai area?
Cheers...
Norge speakers are available in Chennai?

Any body using Norge 2060 UBT?I am interested in buying a new amp. + a CD player only for songs.(hindi Tamil and some instrumentals).At present any body using it. Which speakers are used. My room size 16 / 10.Want hear atleast two hours a day.
I have been using the Norge 2060 UBT since this February and paired with Polk Monitor 70 speakers, it is very good vfm Amplifier for the music. Tone control is not much effective with my Polk monitor 70s, I tested found good with Paradigm speakers.

Wheater
Norge speakers are available in Chennai area?
Norge speakers are available in Chennai?

You can contact Norge directly and ask if they have them available in Chennai or if they can ship. Contact details are on their website. I bought my 2060 (not 2060 UBT) from them directly - it was a pleasant experience.

Their website mentions dealerships in some cities including Chennai but I have not interacted with them.

You can contact Norge directly and ask if they have them available in Chennai or if they can ship. Contact details are on their website. I bought my 2060 (not 2060 UBT) from them directly - it was a pleasant experience.

Their website mentions dealerships in some cities including Chennai but I have not interacted with them.
Kindly mention about source of input and speakers model no.

Thanks for your reply.

Bought Norge 2060UBT from their Mahim showroom. there are plenty of Norge speakers to match, speakers sound good when paired with the amp
however no phono input, using Norge pre amp with my TT.

Bought Norge 2060UBT from their Mahim showroom. there are plenty of Norge speakers to match, speakers sound good when paired with the amp
What price did you get it for?

Kindly mention about price.

Am looking at either the Norge Concerto Gold or the 4242 amps. Do Norge amps have speaker protection circuits?
ie there is no thump in the speaker when amp is turned off & on.
And how well are the amps holding up over the years?

Am looking at either the Norge Concerto Gold or the 4242 amps. Do Norge amps have speaker protection circuits?
ie there is no thump in the speaker when amp is turned off & on.
And how well are the amps holding up over the years?

Imho the concerto gold 1000 / mosfet reference 2000 are solid choices. Both have enough juice to drive power-hungry speakers loud enough to annoy your neighbour. Iirc I don't think the 2060 had the spk protection inbuilt many years ago. I heard a thump every time I switched it on! I had the 2060 for a short time but it worked well. Mr. Laxman might have incorporated that feature now after receiving a lot of feedback wrt the spk thump but you'll have to check with him.

Imho the concerto gold 1000 / mosfet reference 2000 are solid choices. Both have enough juice to drive power-hungry speakers loud enough to annoy your neighbour. Iirc I don't think the 2060 had the spk protection inbuilt many years ago. I heard a thump every time I switched it on! I had the 2060 for a short time but it worked well. Mr. Laxman might have incorporated that feature now after receiving a lot of feedback wrt the spk thump but you'll have to check with him.
I dont think they have implemented that feature...Since it's made to order, maybe there is a way to ask them...

I did audition Norge 2060 UBT & Concerto gold 1000 last week here in Bangalore, super hospitality by Mr. Amit Jain (AudiQs).
I should say it these amps certainly took me by surprise. Both the amps are wonderful to listen to. They still got thump noise every time its switched on, however don't see its a deal-breaker looking at the price, when compared to very expensive integrated amps out in the market. No intention comparing apple to oranges :)

I did reach out to some of our FM to check if anyone has come across any speaker damage issues in the past due to this... haven't heard anything bad about it yet. I think its worth checking with Norge if they have any plans to add Spk protection kit in coming days ;)

@FM, Feel free to share your feedback if you have experienced any issues / cons due to lack of Spk protection inbuilt on these Norge amps.

I did audition Norge 2060 UBT & Concerto gold 1000 last week here in Bangalore, super hospitality by Mr. Amit Jain (AudiQs).
I should say it these amps certainly took me by surprise. Both the amps are wonderful to listen to. They still got thump noise every time its switched on, however don't see its a deal-breaker looking at the price, when compared to very expensive integrated amps out in the market. No intention comparing apple to oranges :)

I did reach out to some of our FM to check if anyone has come across any speaker damage issues in the past due to this... haven't heard anything bad about it yet. I think its worth checking with Norge if they have any plans to add Spk protection kit in coming days ;)

@FM, Feel free to share your feedback if you have experienced any issues / cons due to lack of Spk protection inbuilt on these Norge amps.
I had seen someone complaining about it on a facebook thread on the Audiophiles of India FB page run by Hifinage. Not sure if it can be ascertained that the amp damaged the speaker...just putting what I saw on the group

From the FB group a guy called John D says.
Norge in my experience had damaged speakers like Jamo, Klipsch ,Polk Audio and many more ....people do not recoment that brand for quality speakers ...their output varies and damages speakers. Suited for Abuja and Delhi brand speakers only ....can be used for Public Address System only....or local made speakers .....which are available at less price

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back