OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Sony A80J 65" was quoted Rs. 2,78,000/-. This was at a Sony centre in Hyderabad.

looks like both LG and Sony are coming at comparable prices. I could demo the c1 55”. But Sony demo is not there. I will check Bajaj electronics and other stores if they have the demo
If you are looking to buy OLED.I will suggest wait till diwali.Both C1 and A80J will be significantly cheaper.

Sony A80J 65" was quoted Rs. 2,78,000/-. This was at a Sony centre in Hyderabad.

looks like both LG and Sony are coming at comparable prices. I could demo the c1 55”. But Sony demo is not there. I will check Bajaj electronics and other stores if they have the demo
Looks like Sony India have finally woken up after feeling the pinch in loss of sales, had to happen one day or the other.

Looks like Sony India have finally woken up after feeling the pinch in loss of sales, had to happen one day or the other.
Why is Sony A80J labelled contrast booster 5? Is it not that good in PQ? For the uninitiated, they have 5,10 and 15 contrast booster levels from 2021 lineup that goes higher up in PQ levels. Master series has 15 and entry level sets 5.

Why is Sony A80J labelled contrast booster 5? Is it not that good in PQ? For the uninitiated, they have 5,10 and 15 contrast booster levels from 2021 lineup that goes higher up in PQ levels. Master series has 15 and entry level sets 5.
No idea about their Marketing Gimmicks but the A80J reviews are great & even rated higher then the LG C1 for Home Cinema use, the C1 has the edge in gaming, all depends what you want the Oled for.

These are the quotes I got today for the OLED's in Hyderabad. I went to different stores for the Sony Demo. But that was not there anywhere.

LG C1 65" @ 2.36 Lakhs . Plus there is HDFC cashback with 6 month zero cost EMI - 7500
LG C1 55" @ 1.5 Lakhs . Plus there is HDFC cashback with 6 month zero cost EMI - 7500
On top of this Bajaj was offering something worth 10k as store gift.

Sony A80J @ 2.52 in Reliance Digital. SBI Card Cashback of 4000. Sony last year master series A9H was for 2.5 but a display piece

Overall both of them are coming at similar prices with one day deliveries.

65" GX Display piece was for 2.48 along with a sound bar

LG 3.1 ch High Res Audio Sound Bar GX with Dolby Atmos​

No idea about their Marketing Gimmicks but the A80J reviews are great & even rated higher then the LG C1 for Home Cinema use, the C1 has the edge in gaming, all depends what you want the Oled for.

I like the C1 Magic remote. Somehow I felt it will be easy for a non tech savvy person to use it. Sony remote felt like the ones I saw almost 20 years back. (A8H remote, A80J looks the same).

Which one does the Upscaling better, LG or Sony. I could not check the SD content in any of the OLED's. Heavy rains seems to have disrupted that. I will do a test again tomorrow at the Madhapur stores.

Poor chap at one store was pitching for QLED (Neo) from Samsung. The screen was not much to my liking. The colors felt to unreal. Pinkish tinge.

These are the quotes I got today for the OLED's in Hyderabad. I went to different stores for the Sony Demo. But that was not there anywhere.

LG C1 65" @ 2.36 Lakhs . Plus there is HDFC cashback with 6 month zero cost EMI - 7500
LG C1 55" @ 1.5 Lakhs . Plus there is HDFC cashback with 6 month zero cost EMI - 7500

Sony A80J @ 2.52 in Reliance Digital. SBI Card Cashback of 4000. Sony last year master series A9H was for 2.5 but a display piece

I like the C1 Magic remote. Somehow I felt it will be easy for a non tech savvy person to use it. Sony remote felt like the ones I saw almost 20 years back. (A8H remote, A80J looks the same).

Which one does the Upscaling better, LG or Sony. I could not check the SD content in any of the OLED's. Heavy rains seems to have disrupted that. I will do a test again tomorrow at the Madhapur stores.

Poor chap at one store was pitching for QLED (Neo) from Samsung. The screen was not much to my liking. The colors felt to unreal. Pinkish tinge.
65" GX Display piece was for 2.48 along with a sound bar - Are they also offering the 5 years warranty on this (like EU)?

There was never a master series released last year. A9H does not exist. Also don’t come to a conclusion about any tv based on showroom since their settings will be very inaccurate.

There was never a master series released last year. A9H does not exist. Also don’t come to a conclusion about any tv based on showroom since their settings will be very inaccurate.

It was the above model. Not really sure of all the models in the lineup :)

I am not sure if I will be playing much with the settings to improve the image. I would prefer good quality of the Picture out of the box. Primary users are parents.

It was the above model. Not really sure of all the models in the lineup :)

I am not sure if I will be playing much with the settings to improve the image. I would prefer good quality of the Picture out of the box. Primary users are parents.
A9g is 2019 model.Ok so out of the box settings and primary users are parents I assume majority of usage will be DTH, sports and casual movies.You should definitely consider LED tv’s as well. No harm in checking them out. For your usage Oled won’t be the best choice. Showrooms normally use vivid mode. Try changing it to cinema and standard modes on qled or other led tvs. You may end up liking it more and better choice compared to Oled for your usage IMO.

after some research (forums ) i found many users said Sony hs great upscaling technology,lg is second rank

after some research (forums ) i found many users said Sony hs great upscaling technology,lg is second rank
A9g is 2019 model.Ok so out of the box settings and primary users are parents I assume majority of usage will be DTH, sports and casual movies.You should definitely consider LED tv’s as well. No harm in checking them out. For your usage Oled won’t be the best choice. Showrooms normally use vivid mode. Try changing it to cinema and standard modes on qled or other led tvs. You may end up liking it more and better choice compared to Oled for your usage IMO.

Bajaj Electronic Jubilee Hills had both the A80j and LG C1 for Display. I could not test the DTH today as rains were supposedly playing havoc with the signal (Well none of the showrooms were showing the DTH stuff.) I asked them to connect the box tomorrow and give me a call. The sales were strongly pitching to try the Neo LED. I was fully set on OLED's but will check Samsung as well once tomorrow and close the deal.

Where did you see this detail. All I found was this info.

"For the A90J and A80J OLEDs, the technology comes in the form of XR OLED Contrast Pro and XR OLED Contrast, respectively." https://www.whathifi.com/advice/sony-2021-tv-line-up-models-sizes-specs-everything-you-need-to-know

Now how much difference do all these make, I am not sure. I am running on deadline to have the TV installed by Sunday.

A80J had fixed wall mount while the C1 has a flexible wall mount. Considering the ultra thin profile of these what is the better proposition. Should I try getting a Flexible wall mount?

Bajaj Electronic Jubilee Hills had both the A80j and LG C1 for Display. I could not test the DTH today as rains were supposedly playing havoc with the signal (Well none of the showrooms were showing the DTH stuff.) I asked them to connect the box tomorrow and give me a call. The sales were strongly pitching to try the Neo LED. I was fully set on OLED's but will check Samsung as well once tomorrow and close the deal.
Ok make sure you change the picture mode from vivid while testing. Dark room and if 4kHDR is your top priority OLED makes sense. But for DTH,sports and causal movie watching LED is a good choice as well. FYI i have a c9 and i am always team oled but my usage is purely for a dark and dedicated HT room. I don't watch sports and its been more then 5 years i have cancelled my DTH subscription. I only watch 4kHDR and high quality 1080p files so oled turned out to be the best for my pixel picky eyes.

Where did you see this detail. All I found was this info.

"For the A90J and A80J OLEDs, the technology comes in the form of XR OLED Contrast Pro and XR OLED Contrast, respectively." https://www.whathifi.com/advice/sony-2021-tv-line-up-models-sizes-specs-everything-you-need-to-know

Now how much difference do all these make, I am not sure. I am running on deadline to have the TV installed by Sunday.

A80J had fixed wall mount while the C1 has a flexible wall mount. Considering the ultra thin profile of these what is the better proposition. Should I try getting a Flexible wall mount?
Contrast Pro is 15. Contrast must be 10 then. Now it is clear. LCDs of non FALD types must be tagged 5 then. If you google you will find the 5/10/15 tags everywhere with new Sony TV products.

I think Sony only gives Fixed mounts by default for free. You can try bargaining with them to upgrade you to a Swivel mount for free or for some discount maybe. They'll usually have options of an expensive Sony swivel mount or a cheaper off-brand one. OLEDS have super wide viewing angles so unless you watch TV from extreme off angles like from dining area next to living room (my use case) you may be fine with a fixed mount.

From what i have read in UK/US forums, the XR processor in the new 2021 Oleds has stepped up even more in upscaling especially from 1080p content. Over there people are swapping their LG C1s for the A80J cause of the XR processing, this A80J should be a hot seller for Sony internationally at least..

From what i have read in UK/US forums, the XR processor in the new 2021 Oleds has stepped up even more in upscaling especially from 1080p content. Over there people are swapping their LG C1s for the A80J cause of the XR processing, this A80J should be a hot seller for Sony internationally at least..
Yup. Got it for just 1.57 lakh. Big upgrade from my a8g.

Good that sony is pushing themselves in the oled segment and seeing so much improvements in their line up has got me really excited cause by the time i am ready for the next oled upgrade which is in 4-5 years time, LG seeing sony improvements will have all those improvements in their oled line up for a lesser cost.

Yup. Got it for just 1.57 lakh. Big upgrade from my a8g.
I guess for the 55"? thats a good price seeing the Mrp is 2.5L, you got it from the Sony Center itself?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back