OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Good that sony is pushing themselves in the oled segment and seeing so much improvements in their line up has got me really excited cause by the time i am ready for the next oled upgrade which is in 4-5 years time, LG seeing sony improvements will have all those improvements in their oled line up for a lesser cost.
After 4-5 years, Oled won't be the Top Dog anymore :) Mostly Micro Led will be the Thing..

I guess for the 55"? thats a good price seeing the Mrp is 2.5L, you got it from the Sony Center itself?

No 65 inch. Didn't had to pay for customs due to armed forces ( navy).

After 4-5 years, Oled won't be the Top Dog anymore :) Mostly Micro Led will be the Thing..
Really? In terms of technology Micro led is nothing but a downgraded version of OLED and infect oled is much more advanced then micro LED. Zones vs pixel level control. Not sure on what grounds you say Micro LED will be the thing of the future when its is already a downgraded tech compared to oled in today's standard. I mean come on, self lit pixels vs zone level light control? If at all what you say happens and there is no oled tv's after 5 years either i am quitting the hobby or moving to a projector. Anything other then an oled is a downgrade for my use.

Last edited:
Really? In terms of technology Micro led is nothing but a downgraded version of OLED and infect oled is much more advanced then micro LED. Zones vs pixel level control. Not sure on what grounds you say Micro LED will be the thing of the future when its is already a downgraded tech compared to oled in today's standard. I mean come on, self lit pixels vs zone level light control? If at all what you say happens and there is no oled tv's after 5 years either i am quitting the hobby or moving to a projector. Anything other then an oled is a downgrade for my use.
You're confusing MicroLED with MiniLED. MicroLED is an upgraded version of OLED with no organic materials => higher brightness and no burn-in. It's currently very expensive and will take about 8-10 years to be available to consumer tier pricing (<5 lakhs).

You're confusing MicroLED with MiniLED. MicroLED is an upgraded version of OLED with no organic materials => higher brightness and no burn-in. It's currently very expensive and will take about 8-10 years to be available to consumer tier pricing (<5 lakhs).
Isn’t micro led the same tech used in Samsung the wall tv? I don’t think they have the pixel level control that Oled has and the host says that individual tiles where visible in dark scenes. Just another Samsung bullshit marketing to compete against Oled. Led is just Led and a lesser tech compared to Oled and sumsung just sugar coats it. I’ll change my opinion once I see it in person after they are launched and proven to be good. I won’t believe a word that Samsung says.

Last edited:
Samsung 146" or 216" has micro led. It is good for displays and commercial usage costing a few crores. The new isotope of the organic led (deuterium) instead of hydrogen I think will first surface and then only micro led.

Isn’t micro led the same tech used in Samsung the wall tv?
Yes, it is. But even Sony has microLED TVs. microLED isn't a Samsung only technology.
I don’t think they have the pixel level control that Oled has and the host says that individual tiles where visible in dark scenes.
They do have pixel-level control. The way the Samsung wall is configured is that you buy around 1 feet x 1 feet tiles and arrange them to make the TV. Obviously, in the initial versions, those tiles won't be perfect and there will be some issues. Their 100" has no tiles though. Only the bigger ones.

You can see in your video only that the individual pixels are the ones lit up (the microscope video).
Just another Samsung bullshit marketing to compete against Oled. Led is just Led and a lesser tech compared to Oled and sumsung just sugar coats it. I’ll change my opinion once I see it in person after they are launched and proven to be good. I won’t believe a word that Samsung says.

LED just stands for Light Emitting Diode. Even OLED is an LED (Organic Light Emitting Diode). The usual LEDs you see in the market are actually LED-backlit LCD TVs and not LED TVs. The only LED TVs currently in market are OLEDs.

microLED is a better tech than OLED. There's no debate about that. It's the same tech as OLED but instead of using an organic compound, it uses non-organic LEDs. That's the problem as those LEDs have to be hand mounted and can't be made smaller. That's why no microLED < 100" exists today.

Is it the better tech for TV? well that i will accept only after seeing it in person hahaha.
It's basically OLED without organic tech. There might be cost concerns but otherwise I see no reason for it to be inferior. There's also QNED that's coming.

It's basically OLED without organic tech.
Sounds very promising but i am dreaming of a 77 inch oled in another 4-5 years. We all know how expensive these new tech tv's will cost. I am happy with the way oled is evolving and ok with taking the risk considering its organic.

Read up about Micro-Led, ur Confused with Mini-led :D

Micro-Led is Self Lit my friend..

Exactly, thats why this will be the future after 5 years for sure.

Read up about Micro-Led, ur Confused with Mini-led :D

Micro-Led is Self Lit my friend..
Yeah seems so and better news for me. Dreaming for a 77 inch oled and if Micro led is the top tech by the time i am ready for upgrade oled pricing will be very less.

Sounds very promising but i am dreaming of a 77 inch oled in another 4-5 years. We all know how expensive these new tech tv's will cost. I am happy with the way oled is evolving and ok with taking the risk considering its organic.
Oled is almost pushing the limit now, it can't evolve anymore after 5 years so Micro-Led which according to you is Samsung tech will be the future for sure :)
I was just telling u that Oled won't last as a tech for more then 5-8 years more as it will become so cheap to make that every Chinese brand will have it by then & the top players will shift to a more premium tech by then. It's always been like this. So the way it is Premium Tv tech is Oled for now, after 5 years who knows? :rolleyes:

Oled is almost pushing the limit now, it can't evolve anymore after 5 years so Micro-Led which according to you is Samsung tech will be the future for sure :)
I was just telling u that Oled won't last as a tech for more then 5-8 years more as it will become so cheap to make that every Chinese brand will have it by then & the top players will shift to a more premium tech by then. It's always been like this.
More good news. Keep them coming. Let it become outdated and cheap. I want a 77 inch oled

It's basically OLED without organic tech. There might be cost concerns but otherwise I see no reason for it to be inferior. There's also QNED that's coming.
I assume by QNED you are referring to Quantum dot nanorod emitting diode (QNED) display. which is gonna be developed by Samsung.

Ironically LG is calling its 2021 mini led TVs QNED just to mock Samsung.

By that time 77" will be the new 65", don't worry it will happen. It's the way tech works..
Hope so. In us 77 has already become standard. Now i wish Samsung the very best to implement and succeed micro led to be the best tech in TV so oled becomes cheap hahah

More good news. Keep them coming. Let it become outdated and cheap. I want a 77 inch oled
OLEDs have limitations because of organic material.Micro Leds will be much much brighter.It is supposed to start from 4000 nits and can be as bright as 10000 nits in the future.

I am sure you will prefer it over 700-1000 nits OLED Tv

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back