OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Yes going for 65" this time around, my distance is around 7.5-8ft, so i guess 65" should be the right fit.
I agree the 2021 Oleds from Sony is a major step up this time with the XR processor. lets see what happens end of the year.
7.5-8 is perfect for 65. My current viewing distance is 7feet

I am in the market for a new TV. Viewing distance is around 8 feet, max budget 1.5 lac.

I had pegged the 55 inch CX as my first choice, but would the 65 inch BX would be within my reach if I wait for Diwali/Christmas sales?

Use case would be 75% movie watching via OTT apps and 25% gaming. Rarely watch DTH channels but live football would be consumed via OTT apps.

I am in the market for a new TV. Viewing distance is around 8 feet, max budget 1.5 lac.

I had pegged the 55 inch CX as my first choice, but would the 65 inch BX would be within my reach if I wait for Diwali/Christmas sales?

Use case would be 75% movie watching via OTT apps and 25% gaming. Rarely watch DTH channels but live football would be consumed via OTT apps.
Good choice. BX/CX has only small brightness variance. Nothing like an OLED. You may even get C1 at that price range this diwali.

Good choice. BX/CX has only small brightness variance. Nothing like an OLED. You may even get C1 at that price range this diwali.

Thanks. I feel like the Sony oled models are over priced here which leaves LG as the only choice for oled tv's.

Size is my primary concern. I am willing to sacrifice small differences in PQ for a larger panel. If I can't find a 65 inch oled within my price range, I am open to qled options as well.

Has any FM's here bagged an LG or Sony 65 inch oled under 1.5l ?

I bought the cx 65 in may this year.
Oleds are not suited for sports unless we start getting 4k sports. Judder, stutter is major issue.
Just watch high end 4k content on your cx and be in bliss.
Sports on ott is worse than on dth. I have both.
Dont keep artificial budgets. Buying below 65" is a sin. Just go for easy zero interest installments.

I bought the cx 65 in may this year.
Oleds are not suited for sports unless we start getting 4k sports. Judder, stutter is major issue.
Just watch high end 4k content on your cx and be in bliss.
Sports on ott is worse than on dth. I have both.
Dont keep artificial budgets. Buying below 65" is a sin. Just go for easy zero interest installments.

Yeah, a bigger panel is definitely the main consideration. I have read about the stutter issue while browsing through the forums. I've heard the issue is worst in Cricket where larger panning shots are required. I am hoping football and UFC content are not as badly affected.

Once the covid situation gets a bit relaxed, I plan on visiting some brick and mortar stores to get an idea about current local pricing which would be a good baseline to compare against the festival prices.

Last edited:
In Hyderabad, Blasto's acquaintance got 65" BX for 1.51L. last diwali saw some steal deals. However lightgamer and other long time fmers expect some attractive offers this diwali too and they urge not to buy during off-sale seasons.

In Hyderabad, Blasto's acquaintance got 65" BX for 1.51L. last diwali saw some steal deals. However lightgamer and other long time fmers expect some attractive offers this diwali too and they urge not to buy during off-sale seasons.
Indeed, I will be waiting for festival sales before taking the plunge. I am hoping for the BX to drop around 1.5-1.6l.

If that doesn't materialize I would go for the Sony x900h as I figure a 65 inch fald would be a better choice than a 55 inch oled.

Indeed, I will be waiting for festival sales before taking the plunge. I am hoping for the BX to drop around 1.5-1.6l.

If that doesn't materialize I would go for the Sony x900h as I figure a 65 inch fald would be a better choice than a 55 inch oled.
Not sure which model but Flipkart is teasing LG 65 inch OLED at 1.89L launching on 24th.

Tatacliq has a 1.87 offer currently which translates to 1.7 if you opt in for no cost emi and foreclose that which is standard operating procedure these days. Except for I am all theory, haven't done it to get incentivised. Some forum members have been there done that. But this could go down even lower during Diwali. One thing though - an OLED is a giant leap. None of the nuisense that LCDs do to us such as wide angle viewing issues or blooming, light bleeding or "grey greying greyest" to produce blacks or its contrast compensating brightness causing eye discomfort and delays in response time or power consumption issues are gone in a snap of the finger. Human engineering marvel. Don't go for the 9000h alternative if you can go the extra mile black.

Tatacliq has a 1.87 offer currently which translates to 1.7 if you opt in for no cost emi and foreclose that which is standard operating procedure these days. Except for I am all theory, haven't done it to get incentivised. Some forum members have been there done that. But this could go down even lower during Diwali. One thing though - an OLED is a giant leap. None of the nuisense that LCDs do to us such as wide angle viewing issues or blooming, light bleeding or "grey greying greyest" to produce blacks or its contrast compensating brightness causing eye discomfort and delays in response time or power consumption issues are gone in a snap of the finger. Human engineering marvel. Don't go for the 9000h alternative if you can go the extra mile black.

Noted, oled is the first choice. Lets see how things play out during sales period.

How does your CX perform in a well lit environment? This will be a living room TV for me and while there are no windows or light sources directly opposite, it is not a dark room either. I could turn the lights off for late night viewing but it should still perform in a decently lit environment.

Not sure which model but Flipkart is teasing LG 65 inch OLED at 1.89L launching on 24th.

Seems to be the A1. Is there no B1 coming to India this year? On the LG website I see A1, C1 and G1 marked as coming soon but no mention of B1.

The A1 looks to be a good option if you're not into gaming. But the 60hz panel and missing HDMI 2.1 features makes it a no go for me.

Noted, oled is the first choice. Lets see how things play out during sales period.

How does your CX perform in a well lit environment? This will be a living room TV for me and while there are no windows or light sources directly opposite, it is not a dark room either. I could turn the lights off for late night viewing but it should still perform in a decently lit environment.
In living room, I find QLED definitely better than OLEDs but if you can make your room dark, OLED seems to pull ahead and difference in contrast is easily visible. Viewing angles of OLEDs are amazing and bigger sized OLEDs definitely deliver better experience.
Fyi : I own a Sony OLED A8G. Here is my TV in pitch black and it looks gorgeous and my 75" QLED looks more vibrant in well lit room.

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_234733.jpg
    IMG_20210716_234733.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210716_234915.jpg
    IMG_20210716_234915.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 66
In living room, I find QLED definitely better than OLEDs but if you can make your room dark, OLED seems to pull ahead and difference in contrast is easily visible. Viewing angles of OLEDs are amazing and bigger sized OLEDs definitely deliver better experience.
Fyi : I own a Sony OLED A8G. Here is my TV in pitch black and it looks gorgeous and my 75" QLED looks more vibrant in well lit room.

Oled vs qled is quite a conundrum. On one hand there is the image quality and perfect blacks of oleds. Whereas qleds perform better in well lit environments, are cheaper and have no burn issues.

I am going to ask for an audition. If the oled can make colours pop and have that wow factor in a brightly lit showroom environment, that would seal the deal for me.

The only problem with lights around is screen reflection issue. I watch many times when the lights are on and windows wide open. To stop screen reflection distractions, I move the TV to an angle as I have swivel mounted it. Many people have different opinions wrt this. I am just vouching based on my experience and my nature of not complaining too much after I have frozen on one choice, as products of alternative manufactures can loop into our buyer's remorse tendency. I underline the fact that OLED is OLED and brightness is no big deal after getting adjusted to its blemish-less picture quality. It is a good choice for rooms and halls provided reflection lighting does not happen. Side ambient light is okay. It would actually look better!

In showroom and in daytime, don't get surprised if you find Samsung crystal series performing better than OLED. My A8G looked crap in daytime, dim, even direct led had similar looking blacks. But bring it at home and you will know that OLED is the future. OLED pops, even more than QLEDs if you know how and where to use it. If it's daytime, FALD will smoke it.
Right one is QLED

I know LED will be better in brightly lit environments. I want to see how washed out if at all the image of the oled is in comparison.

In your picture the led no doubt pops more but the colour temperature of the oled looks wonky. It just looks very bluish. Of course without a reference it is hard to say which is more accurate.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back