OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Excellent price especially for GX.
Just confirm they should be new and not display pieces.
I had bought the cx 65 for 2.00 lakhs in the middle of may at zero interest on emi , 24 months.
Total was coming to 2.02 in years with interest.
If i prepay the loan now the acquisition price would be around 1.8 .
Negotiate free delivery as they spring that at the last moment.
Yes it’s brand new and sealed not display product.
They asked me to take bill using two different credit cards for cash back and zero emi option, can you please let me know if I can also pre close the emi and get additional discount?

Thanks everyone for your input.

I'm getting the 55' BX model. Just ordered it for 96,699/- which includes 3 years comprehensive warranty from LG. Delivery in two days... was looking for a FALD tv but I guess this one is cheaper than any FALD LED and in many ways superior. Excited
Where did you order the BX from?

I ordered from Flipkart.
Don't get the BX. Get the C, G series.
BX particularly is very dim. OLED tv are long term investment and you maybe looking at 6+ years. A 450 nits OLED panel ( Real Scene HDR ) won't cut it. Although you will get same level of contrast.
@lightgamer do you think it's good investment? As Rtings reviews mentions that the TV can't display HDR highlights
I may be wrong here.

Attachments

• IMG_20210726_170352.jpg
    IMG_20210726_170352.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
BX particularly is very dim. OLED tv are long term investment and you maybe looking at 6+ years. A 450 nits OLED panel ( Real Scene HDR ) won't cut it. Although you will get same level of contrast.
@lightgamer do you think it's good investment? As Rtings reviews mentions that the TV can't display HDR highlights
I may be wrong here.
I'd love to but cannot exceed my budget. CX is about 1.3 currently. And in the 1L range BX currently the best among LED and OLED TVs.

I've seen BX in the showrooms previously and the brightness seemed fine. Plus the room is not bright and can be relatively darkened after drawing curtains. So brightness should not be that big an issue.

And yes it's an entry level OLED so I expect minor annoyances but that's okay.

Regarding rtings, the overall ratings for the TV is great. Being entry level there will always be compromises which are pointed out correctly in the review.

I'd love to but cannot exceed my budget. CX is about 1.3 currently. And in the 1L range BX currently the best among LED and OLED TVs.

I've seen BX in the showrooms previously and the brightness seemed fine. Plus the room is not bright and can be relatively darkened after drawing curtains. So brightness should not be that big an issue.

And yes it's an entry level OLED so I expect minor annoyances but that's okay.
I think at very dark room, it will look same as CX, GX. I have owned LG B7 and it's picture quality is much better than any LED tv but it was very dim. The only reason I am telling you to wait ( if possible) is because future is HDR content only. Since we don't have returns in India, I thought to alert you. Also Firestick 4k is just 3.5k today. Order it too. Really best investment, you can play all games due to GeForce Now

I think at very dark room, it will look same as CX, GX. I have owned LG B7 and it's picture quality is much better than any LED tv but it was very dim. The only reason I am telling you to wait ( if possible) is because future is HDR content only. Since we don't have returns in India, I thought to alert you. Also Firestick 4k is just 3.5k today. Order it too. Really best investment, you can play all games due to GeForce Now
Already have the firestick 4k which I intend to use. Also have a LG soundbar which hopefully works with the TV.

And thanks for the suggestions. But guess I'm going ahead with the BX. Let's see.

I may be wrong here.
It's not as good as CX or GX but at 1 lac BX is an absolute steal. It still will get up to 550 nits or so (600ish if you keep white balance a bit bluer) which is plenty for most HDR content as they're mastered at 500-700 nits only, especially in a dark room.

Also for SDR content nothing even comes close, you get 4k 120 inputs with G-sync and free sync and you get an OLED with perfect black levels.

If the CX was within 10% of the price I'd suggest going for it but at 30% premium it gets harder to justify. I think CX stocks are low at the moment and they have a lot of BX stock. Perfect opportunity to pick one up.

I'd have picked one up too, but I'm shifting soon so will do so on Diwali. Plus will get deals on C1 by then as well. @social3467 , you won't regret it, it's an excellent TV

It's not as good as CX or GX but at 1 lac BX is an absolute steal. It still will get up to 550 nits or so (600ish if you keep white balance a bit bluer) which is plenty for most HDR content as they're mastered at 500-700 nits only, especially in a dark room.

Also for SDR content nothing even comes close, you get 4k 120 inputs with G-sync and free sync and you get an OLED with perfect black levels.

If the CX was within 10% of the price I'd suggest going for it but at 30% premium it gets harder to justify. I think CX stocks are low at the moment and they have a lot of BX stock. Perfect opportunity to pick one up.

I'd have picked one up too, but I'm shifting soon so will do so on Diwali. Plus will get deals on C1 by then as well. @social3467 , you won't regret it, it's an excellent TV
I think you are referring to 10% window sort of brightness.Real Scene HDR seems to be doing only 450 according to different reviews.
Anyways it will look clearly better than any QLED in most SDR scenes.

I think you are referring to 10% window sort of brightness.Real Scene HDR seems to be doing only 450 according to different reviews.
Anyways it will look clearly better than any QLED in most SDR scenes.
10% sort of brightness is what matters in HDR for impact. If 20% of the screen is bright, the impact is mostly lost as high dynamic range is all about bright with darkness in most of the scene. Think of sun shining at start of day or a lamp in dark scene.

You need high brightness at high APL only if you're looking for a TV in a bright room. But OLED is a bad choice for a living room TV anyway.

2% and 10% window are the most important.

10% sort of brightness is what matters in HDR for impact. If 20% of the screen is bright, the impact is mostly lost as high dynamic range is all about bright with darkness in most of the scene. Think of sun shining at start of day or a lamp in dark scene.

You need high brightness at high APL only if you're looking for a TV in a bright room. But OLED is a bad choice for a living room TV anyway.

2% and 10% window are the most important.
Well I have very different opinions about it. First, see the scoring of Rtings. Rtings gives 63 percent weightage to Real Scene Highlights where Bx scores 450 nits. While just 2 percent weightage to your mentioned parameter
Now second point which is my personal perception,
Sony x950h does around 950 nits Real Scene Highlights and around 900 nits 10 percent window. While my TV did 1200 nits on 10 percent windows ( I had uploaded pics) and around 700 nits in Real Scene Highlights. And trust me Sony has better looking HDR even though my 10 percent was more. I think 10 percent window is useless as it's done on only white 6500k image and isn't true representative of real scenes. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• IMG_20210726_225452.jpg
    IMG_20210726_225452.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 11
Well I have very different opinions about it. First, see the scoring of Rtings. Rtings gives 63 percent weightage to Real Scene Highlights where Bx scores 450 nits. While just 2 percent weightage to your mentioned parameter
Now second point which is my personal perception,
Sony x950h does around 950 nits Real Scene Highlights and around 900 nits 10 percent window. While my TV did 1200 nits on 10 percent windows ( I had uploaded pics) and around 700 nits in Real Scene Highlights. And trust me Sony has better looking HDR even though my 10 percent was more. I think 10 percent window is useless as it's done on only white 6500k image and isn't true representative of real scenes. Just my 2 cents.
Everyone has their own preferences. HDTVTest and FOMO agree with what I say and that's why OLEDs are the best devices for HDR considered by many. About the 6500k, even the highlight in the real scene will be white only, and since the 'real scene' is also running on calibrated TV, this will be on 6500k only.

Now coming to your TV v/s X9500H, first of all, your real scene and rtings aren't the same, so you can't compare brightness directly. My real scene can have an APL of 50% while someone else's may have 10%. Also, 2% is way more important than 10% as that's the small specular highlights area.

Everyone has their own preferences. HDTVTest and FOMO agree with what I say and that's why OLEDs are the best devices for HDR considered by many. About the 6500k, even the highlight in the real scene will be white only, and since the 'real scene' is also running on calibrated TV, this will be on 6500k only.

Now coming to your TV v/s X9500H, first of all, your real scene and rtings aren't the same, so you can't compare brightness directly. My real scene can have an APL of 50% while someone else's may have 10%. Also, 2% is way more important than 10% as that's the small specular highlights area.
Real scene is same. It's uploaded on rting website to download, play and test.

Someone said for lg cx firestick 4k might not be necessary but most people say it is better. I still have not tried it out as I will be reaching home later this evening. However next day delivery is really surprising!! Yesterday evening only I put the order. That's sheer pace by Indian standards.

Someone said for lg cx firestick 4k might not be necessary but most people say it is better. I still have not tried it out as I will be reaching home later this evening. However next day delivery is really surprising!! Yesterday evening only I put the order. That's sheer pace by Indian standards.
What are you talking about? India has always had faster deliveries compared to western countries. Our country is very small compared to the population and hence logistics are pretty efficient, especially if you live in a metro/tier-1 city.

I've even had phones getting delivered same day as I purchased them when I was in Bengaluru, and if you order at night, delivery next morning is pretty common.

What are you talking about? India has always had faster deliveries compared to western countries. Our country is very small compared to the population and hence logistics are pretty efficient, especially if you live in a metro/tier-1 city.

I've even had phones getting delivered same day as I purchased them when I was in Bengaluru, and if you order at night, delivery next morning is pretty common.
Actually Amazon had become s..t in delivery but in the last few months i am seeing very fast deliveries though i am not from a metro. And i order a lot from both Amazon and flipkart.

Test and revert if its better. I have a firestick in another room but am too lazy to test it out.

Actually Amazon had become s..t in delivery but in the last few months i am seeing very fast deliveries though i am not from a metro. And i order a lot from both Amazon and flipkart.
My pantry order is still not delivered and it was ordered on Saturday!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back