OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Actually Amazon had become s..t in delivery but in the last few months i am seeing very fast deliveries though i am not from a metro. And i order a lot from both Amazon and flipkart.
If you're referring to the last year, that's due to restrictions on movement of goods due to COVID. Restrictions of free flow in and out of state boundaries and requirement of RT-PCR tests will obviously make deliveries slow.

I order around 30-50 items every year from Amazon and barring 2020 due to COVID, deliveries have always been very fast in Mumbai/Bengaluru/Ahmedabad where I've lived

If you're referring to the last year, that's due to restrictions on movement of goods due to COVID. Restrictions of free flow in and out of state boundaries and requirement of RT-PCR tests will obviously make deliveries slow.

I order around 30-50 items every year from Amazon and barring 2020 due to COVID, deliveries have always been very fast in Mumbai/Bengaluru/Ahmedabad where I've lived
It could get tighter once cases increase and the third wave is reported officially open. This is a golden opportunity to get consignments reach us on time. How is the Mumbai floods affecting delivery currently by the way?

In bangalore too most of the items are next day delivery for most fast moving items.I have however started using Amazon day to avoid opening the door too many times and save some carbon emissions(and also to make Bezos rich by saving some cost for more rocket rides).

It could get tighter once cases increase and the third wave is reported officially open. This is a golden opportunity to get consignments reach us on time. How is the Mumbai floods affecting delivery currently by the way?
I ordered a phone for my mom yesterday evening, got delivery today morning. So I guess not a lot.

That being said my area isn't affected a lot. We usually have at max a couple inches of water logging even during heavy rains. In lower lying areas, delivery will definitely be affected.

Someone said for lg cx firestick 4k might not be necessary but most people say it is better. I still have not tried it out as I will be reaching home later this evening. However next day delivery is really surprising!! Yesterday evening only I put the order. That's sheer pace by Indian standards.
I thought Hotstar app on LG doesn't do 4k or HDR or something? If that's still the case then that probably is one area where the Firetv 4k would definitely be of value.

Already have the firestick 4k which I intend to use. Also have a LG soundbar which hopefully works with the TV.

And thanks for the suggestions. But guess I'm going ahead with the BX. Let's see.

Recieved the TV yesterday (April 2021 manufactured) and was installed today. Pretty efficient service by the LG folks.

First thoughts:

The TV looks good so far. Not very bright but brighter than my current tv.​
ARC with my soundbar works well.​
Was given an option of wall mount or tv stand. Chose wall mount which can be moved around.​
Customer care confirmed 3 years warranty so less concerned about burn-in.​
Hotstar is limited to 1080p in WebOS but 4k DV is available on firetvstick.​
WebOS is much less smoother than Firestick 4k.​
Thanks everyone who provide inputs :)

Recieved the TV yesterday (April 2021 manufactured) and was installed today. Pretty efficient service by the LG folks.

First thoughts:

Was given an option of wall mount or tv stand. Chose wall mount which can be moved around.​
When u installed firestick on your LG CX, did it show Spanish script by default? I had to go with the Spanish flow until at a point there is a preferences selection where we can change it to English. For hotstar alone there is a visible difference like you said.

I have got GX for 1.84 lakhs (after cashback) from reliance digital Hyderabad, it was delivered today and LG guy came for installation. After installation noticed TV has bend and not able to start as well. Called reliance they requested to wait for two days for replacement. Did anyone faced this issue?

First thoughts:

Please note LG doesnt cover burn-in in standard warranty. So do watchout

I have got GX for 1.84 lakhs (after cashback) from reliance digital Hyderabad, it was delivered today and LG guy came for installation. After installation noticed TV has bend and not able to start as well. Called reliance they requested to wait for two days for replacement. Did anyone faced this issue?
Didnt the installation guys take any action if the tv was not switching on ?
The top thin part of these lg oleds sways if placed directly under a fan. Easy to bend.
Congrats again on a great price on the GX. When i bought the cx in may , the GX was at around 2.35.

Didnt the installation guys take any action if the tv was not switching on ?
The top thin part of these lg oleds sways if placed directly under a fan. Easy to bend.
Congrats again on a great price on the GX. When i bought the cx in may , the GX was at around 2.35.
Only one guy came for installation I was helping him, he intimated LG that its defective and taken images and video of the TV and packed the TV.
Thanks :cool:... yes I was looking for CX in the market for around 1.7, but Reliance quoted same price for CX and GX. so pulled trigger for GX.

When u installed firestick on your LG CX, did it show Spanish script by default? I had to go with the Spanish flow until at a point there is a preferences selection where we can change it to English. For hotstar alone there is a visible difference like you said.
Don't remember. I've been using the Firestick since ages. But not using it currently as WebOS works well mostly. Hotstar 4k has very few content anyways.
Please note LG doesnt cover burn-in in standard warranty. So do watchout
Whoops. I thought it would be covered. I mostly only use the TV for OTT and football. Hopefully no burn-in with this usage.

Netflix and Amazon prime's logos disappear after initially appearing when changing movies or content. Hotstar has a small logo presence however not bright (atleast the logo luminescence limiter takes care of it). Football though through settop boxes is a risk but need not worry if you keep changing chanels every now and then.

CRT TVs were also big time potential candidates for burn ins but nobody made a big deal out of it and it got retired also. But OLEDs are marked that big fear factor due to its price. But then lg has put R&D into place and over the years have done well to limit the burn ins to a great extent. Even we could avoid running the TV when not needed and be more energy efficient. When I listen to music through youtube in my lg cx for instance I use the energy savings setting and select screen off. Manual Pixel refresher once in 3000-5000 hours of usage will insure even more screen life.

Dont worry and enjoy your TV.

Yep well said. We should not be investing so much and then worry about what to watch and for how long. If you are a normal user and not abusing the TV nothing to worry

That's the worst kind of usage for burn-in. Both football (score card) and OTT(channel logos) have static elements which will cause burn in.
A football game lasts for 90 mins and a few matches a week is unlikely to cause issues I think.

And most popular OTT (netflix, prime, YT) don't have logos while playing content. Even Hotstar only has small semi-transparent logo in white).

That said not too concerned about burn-in.

A football game lasts for 90 mins and a few matches a week is unlikely to cause issues I think.

And most popular OTT (netflix, prime, YT) don't have logos while playing content. Even Hotstar only has small semi-transparent logo in white).

That said not too concerned about burn-in.
Yes, few matches a week should be fine. Also for some reason I read OTT as DTH :oops:. My bad there.

You shouldn't have many issues

Kindly note new LG OLED buyers: There is a energy save settings under the three dots in settings menu. There is a screen off selection. You may use it if you do not need to view content but have to listen to the commentary or music alone especially when it runs for hours with static contents. This is very vital if you are multi tasking and just listen to the TV.

Firestick ordered the day you told about the deal. Still not delivered. Shipped yesterday. And it's New Delhi lol

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back