OLED TV's price/best quote thread

OLEDs have limitations because of organic material.Micro Leds will be much much brighter.It is supposed to start from 4000 nits and can be as bright as 10000 nits in the future.

I am sure you will prefer it over 700-1000 nits OLED Tv
I am already reducing the brightness in my oled TV. I disable peak brightness in my c9. so this 4000 nits doesn't attract me much. Some times i find my 700 nits tv to be brighter for my liking. I will be very happy if i can just get a 77 inch c9 itself in another 5 years for 2L. Good contrast, Rich colors, Deep blacks is what i look for most and average brightness is enough as i watch movies in a pitch dark room.

Last edited:
I am already reducing the brightness in my oled TV. I disable peak brightness in my c9. so this 4000 nits doesn't attract me much. Some times i find my 700 nits tv to be brighter for my liking. I will be very happy if i can just get a 77 inch c9 itself in another 5 years for 2L. Good contrast, Rich colors, Deep blacks is what i look for most and average brightness is enough as i watch movies in a pitch dark room.
Well if you like OLED that much then sure.CX 77 is already for 2.2L in USA right now.I hope we don't have to wait 5 years for those prices.

Well if you like OLED that much then sure.CX 77 is already for 2.2L in USA right now.I hope we don't have to wait 5 years for those prices.
For oled 77 to be available in India at that price is highly unlikely any time soon. One fm got the c9 77 this year for 5.75L so the current model for sure will cost more. Now with 8k being introduced I worry few years down the line all top models will be released in 8k and another reason for manufacturers to maintain the current price trend. Let’s wait and see. I am all good for another 4-5 years provided no faults occur with my c9.

OLEDs have limitations because of organic material.Micro Leds will be much much brighter.It is supposed to start from 4000 nits and can be as bright as 10000 nits in the future.
+1
Additionally, Samsung is planning to use traditional materials like Gallium Arsenide(GaAs) to produce those Micro LEDs. It almost takes 50K hours (more than 5 Years) of continuous operation before LEDs manufactured using GaAs lose the brightness by half. So, no more Burn-In.

More good news. Keep them coming. Let it become outdated and cheap. I want a 77 inch oled
What you have is better than a 77" 4k OLED. Pixel density reduces in 77". So if you sit nearer enough the 65" is better than the 77". 8k 77" - yes. Good to wait for.

I am sure you will prefer it over 700-1000 nits OLED Tv
It would be a bummer to lose this eye comforting OLED technology to some uneasily bright self-emissive technology of the future.

What you have is better than a 77" 4k OLED. Pixel density reduces in 77". So if you sit nearer enough the 65" is better than the 77". 8k 77" - yes. Good to wait for.
Yeah PPI reduces but for 4k contents you wont miss the lost PPI and it will be breath taking in a 77 inch oled. A showroom i auditioned had the 55,65,77 next to each other and looking at 77 was just amazing and better.8K i really wish doesn't become mainstream. We do not need it now or ever. Its just a scam for these manufacturers to suck money out of us. Already there was a huge price hike with avr's just cause they are now 8k's.
It would be a bummer to lose this eye comforting OLED technology to some uneasily bright self-emissive technology of the future.
More brightness wont be an issue. You can just reduce it to your comfort level, Based on the explanation by other FM's it seems like oled minus the burrn-in and ABL.

Reduce the brightness & don't ever stress of burn in ever, even if you leave a static image on the tv for days lol.
But i dont think it will be as affordable as oleds. Based on how oleds are performing now i would be happy to get the same in 77 inch after 5 years.Trust me compared to B6 you will be blown away by how the latest oleds are performing. A fm who has a 55 inch B7 visited my place to help me test the subs and he liked the c9 very much and found good improvements compared to his B7 and the other FM who came along with him kept only talking about how good c9 was and forgot he came to give feed back on the sub performance

Reduce the brightness & don't ever stress of burn in ever, even if you leave a static image on the tv for days lol.
Burn ins are not a problem if variable content is watched. In my OLED the only time I fear a burn in is when I have to watch stocks news channels on the rare event of not able to watch them in hall TV. This technology is good for me for ages to come by.

But i dont think it will be as affordable as oleds. Based on how oleds are performing now i would be happy to get the same in 77 inch after 5 years.
77" was what I was targetting but for my viewing distance it already looks like a 77"! 6' is the distance at which I view it.

Yeah PPI reduces but for 4k contents you wont miss the lost PPI and it will be breath taking in a 77 inch oled. A showroom i auditioned had the 55,65,77 next to each other and looking at 77 was just amazing and better.8K i really wish doesn't become mainstream. We do not need it now or ever. Its just a scam for these manufacturers to suck money out of us. Already there was a huge price hike with avr's just cause they are now 8k's.

More brightness wont be an issue. You can just reduce it to your comfort level, Based on the explanation by other FM's it seems like oled minus the burrn-in and ABL.
Brightness for me and say fmers like Paul Joseph is not even in quest. Only contrast.

77" was what I was targetting but for my viewing distance it already looks like a 77"! 6' is the distance at which I view it.
Haha I auditioned at 4 feet and still liked the 77 over 65. For a cinematic experience bigger the better and especially if you are in to HT hobby size matters

Lol 4000 nits will be peak brightness.which will last for few seconds at max. depending on the scene only in HDR and not in SDR.Only going to occur if the source content is mastered at 4000 nits.

If you think 4000 nits is high then check the vincents video brightness in everyday life.I think Lightgamer has already shared it in one of the posts.

microLED going to replace OLED in the same way OLED replaced Plasma.

In a nutshell,

MicroLED = SCLED (Semi-ConductorLED)

(Another OLED like TV where LEDs are made of Semi-Conductor instead of Organic material for better brightness and reliability)

Edit:- Found this nice diagram from Android Authority.

1625771641089.png

Last edited:
But i dont think it will be as affordable as oleds. Based on how oleds are performing now i would be happy to get the same in 77 inch after 5 years.Trust me compared to B6 you will be blown away by how the latest oleds are performing. A fm who has a 55 inch B7 visited my place to help me test the subs and he liked the c9 very much and found good improvements compared to his B7 and the other FM who came along with him kept only talking about how good c9 was and forgot he came to give feed back on the sub performance
Woohoo, looking forward to the Upgrade, will mostly be the A80J or the LG G1, Lets see who wins me over :p
Btw the LG B6 is still a stunning Oled even for today's times. Offcourse its 2016 Launch Tv & things change a lot in 5 years, this is the reason why i wanted to go for a 2021 Oled & not the 2020 models of last year.

Woohoo, looking forward to the Upgrade, will mostly be the A80J or the LG G1, Lets see who wins me over :p
Btw the LG B6 is still a stunning Oled even for today's times. Offcourse its 2016 Launch Tv & things change a lot in 5 years, this is the reason why i wanted to go for a 2021 Oled & not the 2020 models of last year.
Yeah 2021 models seems to be really good especially the Sony oled’s. Guess you are currently using a 55 inch. Try to go for a 65 inch. Trust me on this cause your viewing experience will be much better in a 65 inch Oled.

Yeah 2021 models seems to be really good especially the Sony oled’s. Guess you are currently using a 55 inch. Try to go for a 65 inch. Trust me on this cause your viewing experience will be much better in a 65 inch Oled.
Yes going for 65" this time around, my distance is around 7.5-8ft, so i guess 65" should be the right fit.
I agree the 2021 Oleds from Sony is a major step up this time with the XR processor. lets see what happens end of the year.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back