OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Mini leds & FALDs with Quantum dot technology with pricing on par with OLEDs are nowadays a niche segment of the youth's choice. The salesmen needn't do anything as all that glitters are taken as gold by the consumers. Hope this OLED technology is not retired soon. ((

Hope spare parts are available after the three to four year period.
Ya off course, the main spare part is Panel lol, i m sure LG can do panel replacements for years to come.
In 4-5 years time you will be eyeing an upgrade also to the successor of Oled, Mico Led will have no burn in issues, super bright & self emulsive like an Oled panel, prices will be similar to what Oled is now, good times ahead for Tv tech in 4-5 years time.

Oled will retire as the Premium Tv Tech in another 3-4 years, will be replaced by Micro Led which is the successor for Oled.
2 l gone down the drain if true. Hope you are wrong. Though i really like my lg cx , i have no illusions that it will be trouble free like my sony was for 14 years.
And getting replacement parts might be a issue in 3 to 4 years if tv tech changes as per your forecast.
Silver lining is that this particular model is very popular all over the world. And lg might have to maintain some spares as people in the west are very vocal about their consumer rights.
People here with early stage oled or other expensive tv's can share their experiences wrt to availability of spares/service.

Well my TV is covered for 5 years and in that time there will be some more changes and may feel the need to upgrade. Apart from the panel (alongwith the circuit board for the same) other parts will be easy to come by. Keeping fingers crossed as I don't intend to keep this TV beyond 5-6 yrs.

2 l g. .....
Well, don't worry too much. OLED is the best TV technology as of now and I doubt it will be replaced so soon. Other technologies like micro-LED may rival it.
So buying an OLED TV is not a bad decision if you want to live in the present. We can't be postponing everything just because something better is a few years away.;) This is always the case with every technology.

BTW I'm yet to hear burn-in issues in the C8 range.

BTW I'm yet to hear burn-in issues in the C8 range.
I got the Lg B6 oled since 2017, zero burn in issues.
2 l gone down the drain if true. Hope you are wrong. Though i really like my lg cx , i have no illusions that it will be trouble free like my sony was for 14 years.
And getting replacement parts might be a issue in 3 to 4 years if tv tech changes as per your forecast.
Silver lining is that this particular model is very popular all over the world. And lg might have to maintain some spares as people in the west are very vocal about their consumer rights.
People here with early stage oled or other expensive tv's can share their experiences wrt to availability of spares/service.
I have an Oled now & my next Tv i am buying this year will be an Oled again, just in 4-5 years it won't be premium Tv Tech anymore, once Micro Led will be affordable, its the successor for Oled. That was my point & didn't want to create Panic :rolleyes:

Hello all,
Went and had a look at the C1 and G1 at a few places in Mumbai. Stunning!
(I haven't owned a TV or watched much TV in the last 10 years, pre-pandemic, so you can imagine :DD)

After watching a bit of the LG, the Samsung QN90A left me pretty underwhelmed.
As for the stutter issue, happy to report that I was quite okay with Filmmaker mode + Trumotion set at medium.
In one of the demos, caught a bit of a re-telcast of an IPL game via STB. Can't tell you how dirty it looked, especially immediately after the movie demos.
Need to find a solution to watch sport on this if I decide to own one eventually.
Price-wise, lowest so far was Vijay Sales: Offered 2.48L for the C1 and 2.78L for the G1. Sumaria and Rel Digi were way, way more expensive quotes.

Will wait till Diwali to see how the prices go.

Yup, all the tv’s were in vivid preset and the Samsung tv’s always looked the best on all the showrooms I visited. They have that vivid, bright and punchy colours that grab the attention at first glance.

My viewing distance is between 7-8 feet and I have curtains covering windows so room brightness and glare can be kept in check.

The shop assistants were all trying to push oled hard but they are doing a disservice to oleds displaying them right next to 10000 nit Samsungs in a bright room with lot of reflections.
This was so true in my case, too!
Every unit was set on vivid. It was so gaudy.
Had to request the remote from them and play around a bit.
In one shop, I enabled filmmaker mode and motion smoothing when the salesperson had gone to fetch a chair, and when he came back, he was like, what did you do, this looks so much better.

On the other hand, in another shop, when i said I wanted to see the Oled, the salesperson offered to turn off all the units around the TV and even the overhead shop lights over the area we were standing at.

You get all kinds, I guess.

Price-wise, lowest so far was Vijay Sales: Offered 2.48L for the C1 and 2.78L for the G1. Sumaria and Rel Digi were way, way more expensive quotes.

Will wait till Diwali to see how the prices go.
I presume these are the prices for the 65"? You didn't check out the Sony A80J?
What did they quote you for the Samsung QN90a?

Thanks.

I presume these are the prices for the 65"? You didn't check out the Sony A80J?
What did they quote you for the Samsung QN90a?

Thanks.
Hi, yes these are the prices for the 65". Did not check out the Sonys at all. Rel Digi quoted afinal offer of 2.49. Did not check it out at other outlets, as I lost interest in it.

Hi, yes these are the prices for the 65". Did not check out the Sonys at all. Rel Digi quoted afinal offer of 2.49. Did not check it out at other outlets, as I lost interest in it.
So the qn90a is more expensive then the LG C1? thats hilarious :D

So the qn90a is more expensive then the LG C1? thats hilarious :D
Not actually. I had mentioned the lowest quote for the LGs, which was from Vijay Sales. The Reliance Digital quote for the C1 was 3L and for the G1 3.35L :) They seem to be living in some other planet.

Not actually. I had mentioned the lowest quote for the LGs, which was from Vijay Sales. The Reliance Digital quote for the C1 was 3L and for the G1 3.35L :) They seem to be living in some other planet.
Since you in touch with VJ sales. Could you ask them the quote for the 65" QN90a?

Thanks.

Sure, can do. Will let you know.
Good you asked me this. Because I went to Vijay Sales and when i entered the shop, all the uniforms had changed. I thought they must have different colours for the days of the week :D But after a few steps looking for the sales rep who had helped me yesterday, i realised even the layout had changed! Realised I did not go to Vijay Sales after all yesterday. It was Kohinoor right next door :DD
Cutting to chase, VS did not have the branch manager on duty, so could not give me a final price. Should get it on Monday.
Now, to your question, I went back to Kohinoor next door and they have given a final of R2.15L for the 65" QN90A plus the A550 soundbar. Seems like a very competitive price.
Trust it helps.

Good you asked me this. Because I went to Vijay Sales and when i entered the shop, all the uniforms had changed. I thought they must have different colours for the days of the week :D But after a few steps looking for the sales rep who had helped me yesterday, i realised even the layout had changed! Realised I did not go to Vijay Sales after all yesterday. It was Kohinoor right next door :DD
Cutting to chase, VS did not have the branch manager on duty, so could not give me a final price. Should get it on Monday.
Now, to your question, I went back to Kohinoor next door and they have given a final of R2.15L for the 65" QN90A plus the A550 soundbar. Seems like a very competitive price.
Trust it helps
Go for A650 as it is the better sound bar with actual rear speakers , I have got one along with my QN90A even though I had to shell some additional money for them.

I have both CX n QN90A n both are very good TVs albeit with different panel technologies propelling them. QN90A being ADS is not the bugbear but LED screens especially from Samsung are prone to varying amounts of DSE which can be detrimental if you view lots of Cricket n football.

My QN90A suffers from significant/ visible DSE whenever batsman hits a ball n camera pans to follow it in the outfield... unfortunately here in India one does not have a return window n order a replacement set like they have in the west. For more details you could refer to QN90A forum. BTW OLEDs don't suffer from DSE ...if the QN90A Demo set is free of DSE then just grab that n don't bother with a fresh/packed set/ panel lottery.

Oled will retire as the Premium Tv Tech in another 3-4 years, will be replaced by Micro Led which is the successor for Oled.
WGRB OLEDs by LG Display might well become redundant in couple of years as Samsung display n Chinese (TCL,BOE etc) are pushing the much superior true RGB OLED as early as next year.

Microled are too expensive, complex, big n unwieldy to be propositioned as a consumer TV.

QNED / Nano Rod panels being developed again by Samsung n Chinese are a far more realistic, affordable, imminent ( 2023 or 24)for consumers. It is self emmissive with infinite contrast, 3000 plus nits brightness n 100 % BT 2020 coverage , 12 bit panel !!!

Last edited:
Go for A650 as it is the better sound bar with actual rear speakers , I have got one along with my QN90A even though I had to shell some additional money for them.

I have both CX n QN90A n both are very good TVs albeit with different panel technologies propelling them. QN90A being ADS is not the bugbear but LED screens especially from Samsung are prone to varying amounts of DSE which can be detrimental if you view lots of Cricket n football.

My QN90A suffers from significant/ visible DSE whenever batsman hits a ball n camera pans to follow it in the outfield... unfortunately here in India one does not have a return window n order a replacement set like they have in the west. For more details you could refer to QN90A forum. BTW OLEDs don't suffer from DSE ...if the QN90A Demo set is free of DSE then just grab that n don't bother with a fresh/packed set/ panel lottery.
So finally Samsung didn't do anything? :( How about the dealer who was going to take your 55" and give you a 65" different model? Didn't go for it?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back