OLED TV's price/best quote thread

It's like a never ending saga :mad: the current status being a senior HR manager from Samsung's head office was supposed to call me 3-4 days back but I am yet to receive any call ... The dealer cannot make a move unless Samsung has made a final call...

Here is an interesting article.
White OLED, RGB OLED, and QD OLED will drive the OLED materials market to grow to $2.3 billion in 2024
Samsung upcoming QD OLED is supposed to be a mix of RGB + Quantam Dots. The peak brightness is expected to be similar to that of A90J and Panasonic but Samsung Display in there website are claiming that because of there superior saturation n RGB structure they will appear much brighter in real world viewing.

But the ironic or I guess funny bit was Samsung never even once used the word OLED :p they rather kept on emphasizing the word QD Display !!!

Not actually. I had mentioned the lowest quote for the LGs, which was from Vijay Sales. The Reliance Digital quote for the C1 was 3L and for the G1 3.35L :) They seem to be living in some other planet.
They always are
It's like a never ending saga :mad: the current status being a senior HR manager from Samsung's head office was supposed to call me 3-4 days back but I am yet to receive any call ... The dealer cannot make a move unless Samsung has made a final call...
What is an HR manager doing here, will they apply some Freudian psychology to convince you to drop the case. Your experience is really bad for that of premium tv buyer.

Here is the block diagram of Samsung's new QD-OLED TV.

samsung-qd-oled

Samsung will use a Blue/Blue/Blue subpixel layout (technically, Samsung has been doing this Blue/Blue/Blue subpixel layout in their QLED LCD TVs' for years using a QD color filter). This translates to higher peak brightness without the need for the 4th White subpixel. Next, they will use the Quantum Dot (QD) color filter to produce Green and Red, respectively. This will result in higher overall peak brightness vs. a typical WRGB OLED.....

Last edited:
Here is the block diagram of Samsung's new QD-OLED TV.

samsung-qd-oled

Samsung will use a Blue/Blue/Blue subpixel layout (technically, Samsung has been doing this Blue/Blue/Blue subpixel layout in their QLED LCD TVs' for years using a QD color filter). This translates to higher peak brightness without the need for the 4th White subpixel. Next, they will use the Quantum Dot (QD) color filter to produce Green and Red, respectively. This will result in higher overall peak brightness vs. a typical WRGB OLED.....

I wonder if Samsung will market these Tvs with 10 year Burn In Warranty like they do for their Qleds? interesting times ahead for sure.

I wonder if Samsung will market these Tvs with 10 year Burn In Warranty like they do for their Qleds? interesting times ahead for sure.
Hehehehe... Compared to Red/Green, Blue OLED has the highest Lumen Maintenance. So, I don't see why this TV won't last 3/4 years of rough usage. That said, they will probably offer a 5 years Burn-In Warranty.

Last edited:
Hehehehe... Compared to Red/Green, Blue OLED has the highest Lumen Maintenance. So, I don't see why this TV won't last 3/4 years of rough usage. That said, they will probably offer a 5 years Burn-In Warranty.
Since Blue OLED suffers from short lifetimes, it will have the lowest half-life time/lumen maintenance value, usually around 20k hours. I mistakenly considered lumen maintenance as the inverse of half-life time.
Edit:-
UDC-materials-performance-june-2012-img_assist-499x149.jpg

Last edited:
Since Blue OLED suffers from short lifetimes, it will have the lowest half-life time/lumen maintenance value, usually around 20k hours. I mistakenly considered lumen maintenance as the inverse of half-life time.
The half-life really depends on the compound and the pixel size as well. This is not an OLED, but an OLED backlit QD TV (similar to how LED-backlit LCDs are not LED TVs). The benefit of that is that instead of having small blue subpixels, you have complete blue pixels which are way bigger and hence have a much longer lifespan (similar to how LG has increased the lifespan of their OLEDs with the 2018/19 generation). Also since there are no green/red organic layers, they can have more blue layers which can further increase lifespan.

My point is that we can't extrapolate the life of these TVs based on the current OLED tech. Samsung may have a much better/worse compound lifespan which makes it quite difficult to predict things.

The half-life really depends on the compound and the pixel size as well. This is not an OLED, but an OLED backlit QD TV (similar to how LED-backlit LCDs are not LED TVs). The benefit of that is that instead of having small blue subpixels, you have complete blue pixels which are way bigger and hence have a much longer lifespan (similar to how LG has increased the lifespan of their OLEDs with the 2018/19 generation). Also since there are no green/red organic layers, they can have more blue layers which can further increase lifespan.

My point is that we can't extrapolate the life of these TVs based on the current OLED tech. Samsung may have a much better/worse compound lifespan which makes it quite difficult to predict things.
Right, since they have already jumped the gun for Blue, it looks they are pretty confident about their technology.

If Samsung or the Chinese with there version of OLEDS or in Samsung case there QD Display :cool: can ensure a minimum of 300 nits full field brightness n and a massively reduced ABL then it will be attract lots of fence sitters.

Sorry for being offtopic, but any of the fm's able to access the For Sale by Owner page? I strangely get the below

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Sorry for being offtopic, but any of the fm's able to access the For Sale by Owner page? I strangely get the below

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
The Admins have closed the thread around a week back. There is whole lot of discussion going on the decision. You can find the thread in the Announcement Category.

Half-life basically depends on the Decay Constant (λ) of the compound. Isn't it? [Half life = ln2/λ].
That's only for the compounds that have an exponential decay and there are no other factors. This is not true in this case as the decay on OLED depends on a lot of factors like the voltage and heat driven through the pixel.

If all the pixels decayed at the same rate, burn in wouldn't exist and the panel would slowly get dimmer with time. Burn in is uneven decay in the first place.

A bigger pixel will not need to be driven as far to the redline and hence will decay slower. Also, Samsung will likely be using a compound with different decay characteristics as well.

Went to various stores for 65 inches GX, so far the lowest quote I got is 2.3L+ CC cash back. Not sure if this is best I can get

@Donivlapog credible sources for the fair price on 48cx you quoted, any stores that will sell for 1l?
In Amazon/Croma and other online stores when they can quote 1.09l in stores they could go less. Can't they? For fair price it is a thing you have in mind. It may not be gotten right away. Maybe they would give in after saying no a couple of times.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back