OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I was quoted 1.16 after cashback from Reliance Digital, Malad Mumbai, for LG C8, but they were offering extended warranty from third party for 12.5k. Vijay Sales matched the price and their extended warranty was for 8.5k from onsitego. In the end, I bought LG B8 from Flipkart, as Flipkart was offering extended warranty for really cheap, and the cost jump from B8 to C8, 9k, with the price of extended warranty included wasn't worth it in my opinion.

Is the extended warranty offered by onsite go & flipkart appicable from 2nd year ?.

Hello everyone, I am newbie here. This is my first post. I bought a C8 yesterday. Final cost was 1.15L (post cashback, reliance digital had 2.5K extra store cashback besides the 7.5K from LG) from reliance digital gurgaon. Vijay sales was offering a price of 1.09L (post cashback)! while Croma did not go below 1.24L. The price of Vijay sales was really off. It could be a display unit (though they said it will be a fresh piece). However, there was enough doubt that we decided not to go for the extra 4-5K saving at the cost of mental peace.

The prices for LG OLED are reducing fast. It could possibly to do with the inventory (and high enough margin for LG). Retailers seem to be in a rush to get c8 out and then focus on c9. Nobody even tried pitching C9 even when I explicitly asked (usual reply was sir, it is the same tv..why spend extra?)

Is the extended warranty offered by onsite go & flipkart appicable from 2nd year ?.

Croma said that I can avail onsitego warranty from 3-4 year if TV doesn't malfunction in the second year except for the panel, which would be covered by LG. I'm sure that's not there on the Flipkart one, as they mention 2nd and 3rd year clearly. Also, not sure if the salesman can be trusted completely.

I was quoted 1.16 after cashback from Reliance Digital, Malad Mumbai, for LG C8, but they were offering extended warranty from third party for 12.5k. Vijay Sales matched the price and their extended warranty was for 8.5k from onsitego. In the end, I bought LG B8 from Flipkart, as Flipkart was offering extended warranty for really cheap, and the cost jump from B8 to C8, 9k, with the price of extended warranty included wasn't worth it in my opinion.
Welcome to the OLED gang buddy.
After all the bitter feelings about crazy pricing, you have decided to have fun.
Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Welcome to the OLED gang buddy.
After all the bitter feelings about crazy pricing, you have decided to have fun.
Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Haha! Pricing is still crazy, but then the pricing is crazy for LCD FALD models too. Had to buy something. My first choice was Panasonic, but considering they haven't launched 2019 OLED models yet, I think they are pulling out from Indian market with regards to OLED. So pulled the trigger on the LG one.

Hey Guys. Picked up a 65" C9 over the weekend for 2.6L less 9k cashback from a LG Store in Sarojini Nagar. Got it financed over 12 months.

Installed it myself on my tv unit. Looks phenomenal and so far the PQ looks so damn good and I haven't noticed any panel issues. Still to run some grey scale tests and check for banding etc.

Had been patiently waiting to move from a LED to an OLED for a very long time and the dream has finally come true.

Anybody got rates for C9 65" yet? Reliance in Gurgaon went down to 2.7k with 6k cashback after several hours of bargaining but thankfull I didn't buy it from them.

P.S: For those who are in the market for a 2019 LG OLED, I got prices from the same dealer - 55 B9 for 1.4L, 65 B9 for 2.3L and 55 C9 for 1.55L. These rates are without any freebies and including 12 months 0% EMI with 12.5% cashback capped at 9k.

Hey guys . My first post here . I have an offer of 2.80lakh for 65” LG C9 along with LG sound bar SL8YG from Reliance Digital Hyderabad till Aug 15th . What do u guys think of it and if it’s any better to wait till Dussehra and Diwali for better deals as am in no hurry atm.

Hey guys . My first post here . I have an offer of 2.80lakh for 65” LG C9 along with LG sound bar SL8YG from Reliance Digital Hyderabad till Aug 15th . What do u guys think of it and if it’s any better to wait till Dussehra and Diwali for better deals as am in no hurry atm.

Wait. Prices should drop by 30-40k once 2018 models are sold out. If you want to buy now, take the 2018 models. The panels are the same. Issues are also similar. Marginally better processing, which is tough to notice unless comparing really closely, that too side by side.

Wait. Prices should drop by 30-40k once 2018 models are sold out. If you want to buy now, take the 2018 models. The panels are the same. Issues are also similar. Marginally better processing, which is tough to notice unless comparing really closely, that too side by side.
The sales guy at reliance called and bargained it to 2.65lakh and extra 7.5k cash back.

The sales guy at reliance called and bargained it to 2.65lakh and extra 7.5k cash back.

Which is in line with what others have posted for this model. Wait for Diwali offers if you can. It's just a couple of months more. You'll get it for even cheaper. LG has a big margin on these TVs here in India.

Hey everyone,
Can anyone let me know how the LG OLED credit card cashback with 0% EMI works? I bought a TV using that but a bit confused on how the cashback will show up etc.

Hey everyone,
Can anyone let me know how the LG OLED credit card cashback with 0% EMI works? I bought a TV using that but a bit confused on how the cashback will show up etc.
The EMI is actually not 0% but has an interest component that you have to pay over the tenure of finance. You’ll get the entire interest amount in one go as a cashback in your card, effectively nullifying the interest component and making it 0% EMI.
Then there is merchant cashback i.e 10 or 12.5% depending on the offer subject to the maximum amount. Thats simple cashback.
You should get both of them within 90 days of transaction.

Both the cashback amounts are mentioned in the charge slip.

Eg. in my ICICI Statement I got 2 credits -
1. LG Electronics EMI Cashback with amount same as the interest mentioned in the charge slip.
2. LG Electronics Additional Cashback Rs.9000

Last edited:
Both the cashback amounts are mentioned in the charge slip.

Eg. in my ICICI Statement I got 2 credits -
1. LG Electronics EMI Cashback with amount same as the interest mentioned in the charge slip.
2. LG Electronics Additional Cashback Rs.9000
Thank you so much, it does clarify a bit but my statement has me extremely confused still. Basically I get another statement for the EMI payments. My main Standard Chartered payment shows two entries related to the purchase.
1). LG Cashback (around 11.5k)
2). 23Reversal of Instabancation (This is somehow related to the EMI account)

There is credit in my EMI account so I am guessing point 2). is something to do with that? (though it is off by 200 bucks, but seems to be this).

Thank you so much, it does clarify a bit but my statement has me extremely confused still. Basically I get another statement for the EMI payments. My main Standard Chartered payment shows two entries related to the purchase.
1). LG Cashback (around 11.5k)
2). 23Reversal of Instabancation (This is somehow related to the EMI account)

There is credit in my EMI account so I am guessing point 2). is something to do with that? (though it is off by 200 bucks, but seems to be this).

Something that most people forget about in the current day 0% EMI schemes is that you are still being charged Interest by the bank and the applicable GST on Interest is 18%. Merchants only reverses the interest amount as cashback but the GST remains.

In my case for the 2.6L charge on my card - interest amount was 19.23k which will come back as cashback but the GST amounted of around 3.4K will go out of my pocket.

Usually in cases of cash back offers the GST amount is refunded back as it has to be paid to the government. But in cases of cancellation or returning back the item or dispute along with the initial or the original transaction the GST that is charged is also refunded to the customer. This is how the banking and tax transactions work.

Usually in cases of cash back offers the GST amount is refunded back as it has to be paid to the government. But in cases of cancellation or returning back the item or dispute along with the initial or the original transaction the GST that is charged is also refunded to the customer. This is how the banking and tax transactions work.
But if you do end up paying your EMI tenure to its completion the only cashback you receive is the interest amount and any other cashback offer. GST still gets paid by you only. Merchant doesn't absorb the GST.

Metz has launched their OLED TV for 99,990. No idea which year's panel they are using though. The model is 2019, but don't know about panel. Will have to research. Black crush, black overshoot/flashing, uniformity and brightness are hard to gauge without reviews, and Indian reviewers don't even focus and test these things.

Went to stores in electronic city. One store quoted the C8 @1.2 lacs and was providing 6k additional cashback on ICICI credit cards. He didnt have the stock for B8. There was no display model of C8 at the store though. Another store quoted 1.54 for B8 and then tried to sell me panasonic LED model as OLED for 1.4 lacs. When I told him that its an IPS panel he told me that OLED have IPS panel on top and OLED lighting at the back !!
Quickly back traced my steps out of the store

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back