OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Went to stores in electronic city. One store quoted the C8 @1.2 lacs and was providing 6k additional cashback on ICICI credit cards. He didnt have the stock for B8. There was no display model of C8 at the store though. Another store quoted 1.54 for B8 and then tried to sell me panasonic LED model as OLED for 1.4 lacs. When I told him that its an IPS panel he told me that OLED have IPS panel on top and OLED lighting at the back !!
Quickly back traced my steps out of the store
Ai, shabaas!!
That's an original :p
Cheers,
Raghu

Metz has launched their OLED TV for 99,990. No idea which year's panel they are using though. The model is 2019, but don't know about panel. Will have to research. Black crush, black overshoot/flashing, uniformity and brightness are hard to gauge without reviews, and Indian reviewers don't even focus and test these things.

I follow HDTVtest, so I had seen this earlier. Ordered one too yesterday. Will update the thread Ihave started and spill deets when it comes.

Skyworth can actually cut prices even more if this deal comes through, and especially in a country like India, get ahead on sales with the right marketing. That'll mean more uncertainty about quality control though. Not that I feel big brands are much better when it comes to the upcoming Chinese ones.

55 inch C9 is 1.4 lac after 10k paytm cashback. Is this a good deal? (@paytmmall)
Have you visited nearby stores to get an idea about the prices they are offering this TV for? Reliance digital stores seem to offer good price. If possible, it will be better to wait for a month or so to get the best price in Diwali offers.

Have you visited nearby stores to get an idea about the prices they are offering this TV for? Reliance digital stores seem to offer good price. If possible, it will be better to wait for a month or so to get the best price in Diwali offers.
LG Brand store is quoting 1.85 lacs with 28k electricity coupons from paytm. Reliance Digital quoting 2 lacs. Yeah, I will be waiting till Diwali but was surprised to see the paytmmall deal.

Some of the cheaper online prices:

This one is not OLED but Nanocell and features the more advanced HDMI 2.1 with eARC etc

The price of C9 keeps fluctuating slightly here

This is not OLED but one of the cheapest ways to get Dolby Vision from a decent brand and rave reviews online:

This is the B9 at 1.46l compared to the C9 at 1.54 l. I wonder if it makes sense to go for B9 at all given the price difference of just INR 8k

Some of the cheaper online prices:

This one is not OLED but Nanocell and features the more advanced HDMI 2.1 with eARC etc

The price of C9 keeps fluctuating slightly here

This is not OLED but one of the cheapest ways to get Dolby Vision from a decent brand and rave reviews online:

This is the B9 at 1.46l compared to the C9 at 1.54 l. I wonder if it makes sense to go for B9 at all given the price difference of just INR 8k

B9 was 1.35 a few weeks ago. Will drop again.

Also, note that the reviews that are there for GX800 are for the European models with VA panel. India and Australia too I think have IPS panel, which is a bummer.

B9 was 1.35 a few weeks ago. Will drop again.

Also, note that the reviews that are there for GX800 are for the European models with VA panel. India and Australia too I think have IPS panel, which is a bummer.
Yes you are right, I tried doing some R&D on the Panasonic, in India it categorically mentions IPS while on the EU website it has no mention of IPS

Today, I purchased the 65 inch C8 for 1.65 lakhs (after cashback) with zero cost EMI. It is a display unit from Reliance Digital. No other retailer in the locality has this model in stock. They all have the 2019 model C9 and was asking 2.7 lakhs + for the same. I did a thorough inspection and could not find any issues with the unit (no burning or scratches on the screen). It comes with the same LG warranty as a brand new one. Installation scheduled for day after tomorrow. This was a totally impulsive purchase since I already have a 65 inch 4K and 55 inch FHD VU TV at home. Hope I will not regret this later. Fingers crossed :)

ft
Today, I purchased the 65 inch C8 for 1.65 lakhs (after cashback) with zero cost EMI. It is a display unit from Reliance Digital. No other retailer in the locality has this model in stock. They all have the 2019 model C9 and was asking 2.7 lakhs + for the same. I did a thorough inspection and could not find any issues with the unit (no burning or scratches on the screen). It comes with the same LG warranty as a brand new one. Installation scheduled for day after tomorrow. This was a totally impulsive purchase since I already have a 65 inch 4K and 55 inch FHD VU TV at home. Hope I will not regret this later. Fingers crossed :)
You got a great deal. Nowhere its available tht low!

Yeah the price was very tempting and hence could not resist. However I am still a bit sceptical since it is a display unit.

Take extended warranty, even if it's a third party one. You might need it after the first year. Better to have some insurance. As long as no burn-in or extreme panel uniformity issues are there, you'll be fine in terms of performance, as OLED panels have been proven via Rtings.com's burn-in test to maintain brightness and color range.

I got a quote for 1.75 for 65 inch lg b7 but i turned it down and went for the sony x900f because it is brighter and I've heard older lgs have a burn in problem and since the tv is for my dad i don't want to take risks because there's a lot of news and sports watching and the burn in issues worry me.

I got a quote for 1.75 for 65 inch lg b7 but i turned it down and went for the sony x900f because it is brighter and I've heard older lgs have a burn in problem and since the tv is for my dad i don't want to take risks because there's a lot of news and sports watching and the burn in issues worry me.
how much for sony x900f. i was getting this for 1.79 on flipkart few days ago before i ended up buyin LG c9 for 2.18

Does anyone know the power consumption of 65 inch C9 Oled TV? And will APC BX1100C-IN 1100VA/660W UPS good for this TV

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back