OLED TV's price/best quote thread

And for those dreaming of a a sub 1lakh OLED . Here we go: :)

B8-84472
C8-94712
Grab'em before they go out of stock

And Sony
A8F- 130000
Since you need to go to the store not sure if they are display pieces
Checked with local Croma. They don't have any 2018 LG OLEDs in stock (display or new). Also out of curiosity checked with the Reliance Digital from where I got the 65 inch. It seems they sold their 55 inch C8 (display unit) for 98K couple of weeks back. They have a new 65 inch C8 but are not willing to disclose their lowest price to me since they know that I am not going to buy that :) However I got a sense that they will sell it for around 2 lakhs.

Last edited:
Checked with local Croma. They don't have any 2018 LG OLEDs in stock (display or new). Also out of curiosity checked with the Reliance Digital from where I got the 65 inch. It seems they sold their 55 inch C8 (display unit) for 98K couple of weeks back. They have a new 65 inch C8 but are not willing to disclose their lowest price to me since they know that I am not going to buy that :) However I got a sense that they will sell it for around 2 lakhs.
It was last Sunday when I checked with the Local Reliance Digital in Bangalore where they were giving away a 55C8 display unit for 97.9K. He told me that it has run little over 1K hours, I could see a green patch in the middle of the screen and a whitish green horizontal band or two in the center at above 12-14% grey, it was visible till 20% grey or more I guess, did not do the color tests but this was one thing for which I decided not to go for it. I'd surely ask for the 65C8 again to see if I can get some great deal on it (although the sales guy told me they don't have 65C8 in stock, only display units available at around 172K or so). I'm expecting to see some great deals on C9 units otherwise around the festival times.

Can I connect my TV to this UPS and then inverter plug goes to mains(which itself is on inverter). My problem is that, I got a new stabiliser that i connected to this TV but everytime lights goes, TV reboots too. And I dont understand the problem. My house is connected to Zelio 1100 V Luminuos inverter
Adding the ups to an inverter point is not right plus it would take additional load. Since you have a Zelio inverter it should be having a toggle switch for ups mode in the back. Switch it to ups mode and you should be fine. Plus zelio is pure sinewave while apc isn’t.
If at all it doesn’t work and you want to connect to this ups, you should find a non inverter point for it.

The sony A8F is now available under 1.5
Dang!!
That's good pricing, assuming it will be a new unit.
Hope Sony has fixed some of the UI sluggishness.

When I was deciding, it was a toss up between Sony and LG.
The put off was the "It's a Sony premium" for a slightly better PQ over LG.
Acoustic surface was not much use in my home.
UI wise, LG is much better; love the responsiveness and the remote.

Cheers,
Raghu

Guys, is it worth going for a 55C8, its a demo. unit and hence I may be able to negotiate under 100K. I have had a look at it earlier and observed some signs of panel usage issues. I'm thinking of reporting the issue upon the purchase and get the panel replaced under warranty, would that be a good idea or great risk!?
Are there any places where I can get Sony A8F for 1.3/1.4 at this time? I'll go for that one over LG as wife seems to like that more than LG.

Last edited:
Guys, is it worth going for a 55C8, its a demo. unit and hence I may be able to negotiate under 100K. I have had a look at it earlier and observed some signs of panel usage issues. I'm thinking of reporting the issue upon the purchase and get the panel replaced under warranty, would that be a good idea or great risk!?
Are there any places where I can get Sony A8F for 1.3/1.4 at this time? I'll go for that one over LG as wife seems to like that more than LG.
Yes, if u r going to get it replaced through warranty then makes sense. Make sure you have qualifying reasons to get replacement. Good with whole process. LG customer service is good in general and hope u have no issues.

Yes, if u r going to get it replaced through warranty then makes sense. Make sure you have qualifying reasons to get replacement. Good with whole process. LG customer service is good in general and hope u have no issues.
Thanks buddy, I'm going to give it a try.
I see that LG is giving 1 yr warranty for all parts and 2 yr warranty for panel. Do you think going with additional/extended 2 years warranty is a good idea!! I'm finding reliance to be very costly in terms of extended warranty, I learnt they are offering full, parts warranty for 4 years @40K (post discount) while Croma was offering additional 2 years (on top of 2yrs LG warranty) warranty for @14K, not sure if its full parts or just the panel. However, I'm worried mostly about the panel, if small things like remote or other parts go wrong (less likely as I have not heard much of those), I may get it done on my own.

Thanks buddy, I'm going to give it a try.
I see that LG is giving 1 yr warranty for all parts and 2 yr warranty for panel. Do you think going with additional/extended 2 years warranty is a good idea!! I'm finding reliance to be very costly in terms of extended warranty, I learnt they are offering full, parts warranty for 4 years @40K (post discount) while Croma was offering additional 2 years (on top of 2yrs LG warranty) warranty for @14K, not sure if its full parts or just the panel. However, I'm worried mostly about the panel, if small things like remote or other parts go wrong (less likely as I have not heard much of those), I may get it done on my own.
Do remember, panel burn in not covered under warranty

If by panel usage issues you mean burn in problem, I'm not sure if LG will cover it under warranty. Have you checked Chroma? There was a post some days back in this thread about deals Chroma was offering on demo OLED TVs.

If by panel usage issues you mean burn in problem, I'm not sure if LG will cover it under warranty. Have you checked Chroma? There was a post some days back in this thread about deals Chroma was offering on demo OLED TVs.
Yes, that's a good point, reconsidering now. It's the burn in / high usage issue with the panel I think. I have checked with Croma, they have a demo unit for sale with almost similar offer. Checking on that as well.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back