OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Yes, that's a good point, reconsidering now. It's the burn in / high usage issue with the panel I think. I have checked with Croma, they have a demo unit for sale with almost similar offer. Checking on that as well.

Don't file a replacement for burn-in immediately. Use it for a month or so. See if you can wipe out the usage hours or get them to wipe out the usage hours too. Don't want LG to deny the claim. Outside LG has been replacing panels for burn-in till two years from purchase.

That seems really high. You should easily get a new OLED, B9 at least if not C9, for 1.9-2 lacs during sales.
agree with you.i remeber people posting 1.96L for c8 65 inch last diwali.I will only consider if they agree to sale for 1.5.even on amazon this is for 1.8 but i dont know if its for new or display.the seller is cloudtail so i hope its a new unit.

What is the best price of 55" C8 currently in Bangalore? Looks like C9 is very expensive compared to C8 looking at online pricing. Looking forward to buy OLED by this Diwali.

Thanks

What is the best price of 55" C8 currently in Bangalore? Looks like C9 is very expensive compared to C8 looking at online pricing. Looking forward to buy OLED by this Diwali.

Thanks
Wait until Dasara. TV companies announce sales at this time.
Then the price war starts as you get closer to Deepavali.
Best time is a day or two before Deepavali.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu will keep an eye out but just thinking aloud if it makes sense to go with a regular 55" 4K LED TV rather than OLED with the burn-in issues. I have stopped watching regular dish now since some months now and mostly watching IPTV and FireTV stick with the apps. The piece of mind with regular LED is far more compared to double the pricing of OLED but it sure has a much better picture quality :)

Thanks Raghu will keep an eye out but just thinking aloud if it makes sense to go with a regular 55" 4K LED TV rather than OLED with the burn-in issues. I have stopped watching regular dish now since some months now and mostly watching IPTV and FireTV stick with the apps. The piece of mind with regular LED is far more compared to double the pricing of OLED but it sure has a much better picture quality :)

2019 panels have an even bigger red sub-pixel, which is the most problematic when it comes to burn-in. So sets will have even more burn-in free life. If you aren't watching anything with logos, which is what your comments suggests, then the biggest risk will be subtitles, as they happen generally in the same area. Remember, burn-in is cumulative. A user has reported subtitle burn-in at 7,000 hours on their 2017 set to Rtings. Now consider the fact that the red sub-pixel is almost twice as large as 2017 sets. You can easily double that time. Now turn your subtitles to semi-transparent white, please avoid yellow though, and you can expect your set to remain burn-in free from subtitles for even longer. Even if we just take 14,000 hours, calculate how many years of usage it'll mean roughly. Does 7 hours of content watching with subtitles everyday sound good? That means at least 2,000 days. Almost 6 years.

Just get a 2019 OLED. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
OLED vs non-OLED is up to you.
Burn-in, I feel, has been demonized more than it should be.
A normal usage pattern and basic safety should make the set last longer and trouble free.
In my home it is completely IPTV, streaming. There is a good amount of 4K content in streaming.
So yeah, look at your budget, if it allows for an OLED, go for it.

BTW, LG does have a good UI/UX. I am still discovering stuff even after one year of purchase.
The video player is quite good and its search interface is decent.
The TV can see stuff on the LAN and possibly play it too.
Cheers,
Raghu

As Raghu suggested go for OLED if budget allows particularly if this is your primary set up. Burn- in is hyped but do take basic precautions.

As Raghu suggested go for OLED if budget allows particularly if this is your primary set up. Burn- in is hyped but do take basic precautions.
I would echo that, OLED is the best tech in TVs money can buy today. You will appreciate its beauty everyday once you bring it home. I can’t praise it enough. I have done more than 1k hours and no signs of burn-in whatsoever. Watched lot of channels with logos but the content was mostly varied and from streaming apps.

I would echo that, OLED is the best tech in TVs money can buy today. You will appreciate its beauty everyday once you bring it home. I can’t praise it enough. I have done more than 1k hours and no signs of burn-in whatsoever. Watched lot of channels with logos but the content was mostly varied and from streaming apps.
In watching movies and everyday TV, could you make out the difference between OLED and your earlier TV and in what aspect ?

In watching movies and everyday TV, could you make out the difference between OLED and your earlier TV and in what aspect ?
Yes, anyone could make that out. OLED stands out easily due to the deepest blacks. Picture looks more real just like 3D.

My cat was attracted by the visuals of an OLED way more than the usual Pana/Iffalcon sets., Those were mostly ignored. With the short time that I spent with the OLED as of now, she would sit and watch for sometimes half an hour before falling asleep or stalking birds from the window. The deep blacks really enhance the visual experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_155215.jpg
    IMG_20190914_155215.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 56
Panny 55z950d 138900-Tatacliq. Not sure if the seller's good but see if this could be matched from an offline shop

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back