OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Does anyone know the power consumption of 65 inch C9 Oled TV? And will APC BX1100C-IN 1100VA/660W UPS good for this TV
It should be around 175 watts plus or minus a few. I have a 445 watt rated plasma connected to the same UPS. When I game the ps4 pro load is an add on along with the TV

how much for sony x900f. i was getting this for 1.79 on flipkart few days ago before i ended up buyin LG c9 for 2.18
I guess a lot of people ended up buying some of the new OLEDs. Can I request some of you to write a para on the new TV - how does it compare to the older TV, hows the experience with 4k HDR, upscaling of content (1080p to 4k), Prime & Netflix, SDR (cable content), etc and whether it was worth spending this amount ?- if not in this thread, in a separate one.
Thanks

I guess a lot of people ended up buying some of the new OLEDs. Can I request some of you to write a para on the new TV - how does it compare to the older TV, hows the experience with 4k HDR, upscaling of content (1080p to 4k), Prime & Netflix, SDR (cable content), etc and whether it was worth spending this amount ?- if not in this thread, in a separate one.
Thanks
True !! It would help us a lot !

An owner's thread for 2019 LG OLED owners would be great. Issues and all, if any, can be collected and analyzed. Users will have info collected in one thread.
And may be they can share the best picture settings and viewing patterns ( to check at the dreaded screen burn in!)

Today, I purchased the 65 inch C8 for 1.65 lakhs (after cashback) with zero cost EMI. It is a display unit from Reliance Digital. No other retailer in the locality has this model in stock. They all have the 2019 model C9 and was asking 2.7 lakhs + for the same. I did a thorough inspection and could not find any issues with the unit (no burning or scratches on the screen). It comes with the same LG warranty as a brand new one. Installation scheduled for day after tomorrow. This was a totally impulsive purchase since I already have a 65 inch 4K and 55 inch FHD VU TV at home. Hope I will not regret this later. Fingers crossed :)
My LG 65C8 was delivered and wall-mounted today and I am simply awestruck with its performance.The first thing I did was to tweak the picture settings as per Rtings.com and then played around for almost 3 hours. The 4K HDR picture quality is simply out of the world. I was using a 2017 Vu Pixelight 4K TV and was very happy with the 4K and HDR picture quality. However this C8 is wayyyy superior in playing HDR contents. I tested HDR contents from my personal movie libraries, Youtube (LG's built in Youtube app supports HDR which even my excellent Nvidia Shield lacks ) and Amazon Prime and it played all contents flawlessly. The color pops, contrast is excellent and blacks are true blacks. I was playing Revenant in HDR in a pitch black room and in many dark scenes I simply could not distinguish the screen from the pitch black background in my living room. My Netflix subscription just expired so could not test any Dolby Vision contents but that is definitely on my to do list. Normal HD cable shows from D2H looks excellent although it lacks some the sharpness of 4k contents while SD content is crappy just like in other 4K TVs. Even the sound quality is very pleasant for normal cable TV viewing. However for movies I am going to use my home theater. The magic remote is very easy to use although the voice commands are not working all the times. Also there are few things with which I am still struggling like making ARC to work and changing the input labels but I think little bit of googling will solve those issues. Although this was a display unit Reliance Digital packed it very nicely in a brand new C9 carton. In fact couple of my neighbours congratulated my for buying a C9 while I was moving it on the service elevator :)

My LG 65C8 was delivered and wall-mounted today and I am simply awestruck with its performance.The first thing I did was to tweak the picture settings as per Rtings.com and then played around for almost 3 hours. The 4K HDR picture quality is simply out of the world. I was using a 2017 Vu Pixelight 4K TV and was very happy with the 4K and HDR picture quality. However this C8 is wayyyy superior in playing HDR contents. I tested HDR contents from my personal movie libraries, Youtube (LG's built in Youtube app supports HDR which even my excellent Nvidia Shield lacks ) and Amazon Prime and it played all contents flawlessly. The color pops, contrast is excellent and blacks are true blacks. I was playing Revenant in HDR in a pitch black room and in many dark scenes I simply could not distinguish the screen from the pitch black background in my living room. My Netflix subscription just expired so could not test any Dolby Vision contents but that is definitely on my to do list. Normal HD cable shows from D2H looks excellent although it lacks some the sharpness of 4k contents while SD content is crappy just like in other 4K TVs. Even the sound quality is very pleasant for normal cable TV viewing. However for movies I am going to use my home theater. The magic remote is very easy to use although the voice commands are not working all the times. Also there are few things with which I am still struggling like making ARC to work and changing the input labels but I think little bit of googling will solve those issues. Although this was a display unit Reliance Digital packed it very nicely in a brand new C9 carton. In fact couple of my neighbours congratulated my for buying a C9 while I was moving it on the service elevator :)

Congrats, buddy! Can you do a small test? Play Billy Eilish and Khalif's song Lovely on YouTube at 1080p and see how much macroblocking, artifacting and posterization you can notice on the background. Would be a big help. I'm preparing for an intesive review and need some comparisons.

It should be around 175 watts plus or minus a few. I have a 445 watt rated plasma connected to the same UPS. When I game the ps4 pro load is an add on along with the TV
Can I connect my TV to this UPS and then inverter plug goes to mains(which itself is on inverter). My problem is that, I got a new stabiliser that i connected to this TV but everytime lights goes, TV reboots too. And I dont understand the problem. My house is connected to Zelio 1100 V Luminuos inverter

Congrats, buddy! Can you do a small test? Play Billy Eilish and Khalif's song Lovely on YouTube at 1080p and see how much macroblocking, artifacting and posterization you can notice on the background. Would be a big help. I'm preparing for an intesive review and need some comparisons.
I checked the video and although there were no flashing but definitely in the darker areas there are some artifacts and gradation issues. Also the video looked soft even at 1080p. But I think this may be a problem with the source quality itself as the issues are more prominent in my Macbook pro Retina screen.

I checked the video and although there were no flashing but definitely in the darker areas there are some artifacts and gradation issues. Also the video looked soft even at 1080p. But I think this may be a problem with the source quality itself as the issues are more prominent in my Macbook pro Retina screen.

Yeah. Just wanted to confirm that it's like this on LG sets too. I have a Metz OLED. Same issues. It's the source. HD via Netflix mostly doesn't have these even with HD content. Hotstar and YouTube suffer a lot more. Thanks a lot!

Has anyone figured out how to zoom out the top/bottom black bars for movies in native netflix app on OLEDs? I could do it on Fire Stick, I can do it on Amazon Prime but the WebOS netflix app just freezes zoom to Original....wonder if there is a work-around. I hate to lose so much real estate on my TV to those damn black bars.

Today, I purchased the 65 inch C8 for 1.65 lakhs (after cashback) with zero cost EMI. It is a display unit from Reliance Digital. No other retailer in the locality has this model in stock. They all have the 2019 model C9 and was asking 2.7 lakhs + for the same. I did a thorough inspection and could not find any issues with the unit (no burning or scratches on the screen). It comes with the same LG warranty as a brand new one. Installation scheduled for day after tomorrow. This was a totally impulsive purchase since I already have a 65 inch 4K and 55 inch FHD VU TV at home. Hope I will not regret this later. Fingers crossed :)

There is nothing wrong in getting a display piece, if its significantly discounted and whole warranty is applied. Even with a new OLED, once u have some issues with panel, u need to be really lucky to have a new panel (refurbished possibly) with everything perfect. This voids all the fun already of having the new TV. But most folks like me will "FIND" some issues in a year or so.

Has anyone figured out how to zoom out the top/bottom black bars for movies in native netflix app on OLEDs? I could do it on Fire Stick, I can do it on Amazon Prime but the WebOS netflix app just freezes zoom to Original....wonder if there is a work-around. I hate to lose so much real estate on my TV to those damn black bars.
Then u wont be seeing the content as inteded. So much of the movie will be lost after zooming in from sides. I prefer seeing everything though its bit smaller.

I wouldn’t have bought it. Store units run on demo mode which runs at maximum brightness and wears out the panel much more faster than the normal use. E.g if normal watching would burn out the panel 10% in a year demo unit would do that in just one 1 month. Nevertheless it was indeed the best deal I have ever seen even for a demo unit. I hope yours is not much weared out and last long enough to make your money worth. Enjoy the TV it is really a mesmerising experience to have this in your home. Don’t run the grey slides often just sit back and enjoy it.

Metz has launched their OLED TV for 99,990. No idea which year's panel they are using though. The model is 2019, but don't know about panel. Will have to research. Black crush, black overshoot/flashing, uniformity and brightness are hard to gauge without reviews, and Indian reviewers don't even focus and test these things.
I echo that, Indian TV reviewers are really crap. I wish rtings could open a new channel for India and review and compare all the TVs available in India. Right from the budget ones to premium models. There is a channel called techiebeez who does budget TV reviews and they even convinced viewers that budget TVs are better than some Samsung and LG TVs. They may be in terms of features but not PQ for sure. Many viewers got tricked into this and now regret buying the cheap crappy TVs.

I echo that, Indian TV reviewers are really crap. I wish rtings could open a new channel for India and review and compare all the TVs available in India. Right from the budget ones to premium models. There is a channel called techiebeez who does budget TV reviews and they even convinced viewers that budget TVs are better than some Samsung and LG TVs. They may be in terms of features but not PQ for sure. Many viewers got tricked into this and now regret buying the cheap crappy TVs.

I agree. The problem is that people don't have expendable income here to buy the equipment that's needed, and those who grow, they don't invest in this either.

Techiebeez is nonsense. I confronted them a few months ago. A brand quoted their static ratio as 200000:1, and she said, "main is baat ki pushti nahi kar sakti."

You can. It's a lie. Even the Panasonic IPS dual cell reference tech and the reference monitor based on it has a static contrast ratio is 100000:1.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back