OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I am in for G2 65 inch.
That makes at least 3-4 of us interested in getting LG G2 from Bengaluru, mostly in 65in size. There are other folks who are looking for C2 in various sizes. I feel we should give it a try with group purchase. Other members here also helping to revive their old contacts in the store to help with the group purchase.
If you can please PM me, I shall share the WA group join link or we can create a temp thread here for group purchase.

Checked multiple times with the store and they confirmed only 3 years warranty on G2. The 5 year assurance promotion is basically about the discounted warranty extension as per LG Best shop
That's sad! I thought LG is giving 5y warranty on G2 worldwide. This same model carries 5y warranty in the EU and US at least. We should really approach LG collectively for this behavior to India market. I'm assuming they have enough market in India that they should be sensible about and consider it's importance.

I've created a group buy thread for Blr.

In RR nagar, seems to be no discount upfront. Enquired 10 days back for C2 55 inch

Got quote between 1.5 to 1.55. Will be checking again closer to Dasara.

I would be interested to join the group buy. I am looking for C2 55 inch [or G2 55 inch if it's under 1.5]

Anyone from Kolkata looking for C2 55' and searching for lowest price in the city?
I confirmed from Reliance Digital guy that during Independence sale, LG C@ 55' was sold for 1.23 Lacs.
Wish to connect with other people who are interested too.

In RR nagar, seems to be no discount upfront. Enquired 10 days back for C2 55 inch

Got quote between 1.5 to 1.55. Will be checking again closer to Dasara.

I would be interested to join the group buy. I am looking for C2 55 inch [or G2 55 inch if it's under 1.5]
C2 55 was 1.45 l 1 month ago in lg shoppe in ludhiana. Todays rate i dont know

There's a group forming in process for Pune OLED/QLED buyers 2022. Please feel free to join if you think you want to be part of the group purchase.
Can you share details for Pune group purchase?

Where bro ?
Had added details in this thread.

Anyone from Kolkata looking for C2 55' and searching for lowest price in the city?
I confirmed from Reliance Digital guy that during Independence sale, LG C@ 55' was sold for 1.23 Lacs.
Wish to connect with other people who are interested too.

I am from Kolkata and interested in purchasing LG OLED 65 inch. Do let me know if you get a good price quotation for the same.

Hi all. I've created the following buy group for Pune. Please fill this. Will then coordinate over whatsapp/telegram groups. I personally am looking to buy a Sony A95k 65".

I did bite the bullet and got a display unit of 65" A1 from LG shoppe with 3 years warranty and 1 year accidental insurance. As per the showroom guys the unit was installed last week only course they wanted to sell the last piece of A1.
I checked the screen hours on it it was 87 while was in line with thier statement.

I actually went to get the best quote on C2 55" and 65". But then saw this A1 one also there on display.
I sat there and compared the picture quality of both C2 65" and A1 65.
And to my surprise I couldn't notice any difference (maybe I'm unable to perceive such differences or maybe it was actually the same for generic content which I played on both models).

I asked about the price of all the models he had and he gave me below.
C2 55" 130k (new)
C2 65" 185k (new)
B2 65" 145k (new)
A1 65" 130k (DU)

After some bargaining they agreed on 124k (includes 6 month interest free EMI) and some OTT coupons worth 20k and an LG TWS worth 5k.
I asked him to send it on first day Navratra.

As soon as I reached home I started to doubt my decision of taking the DU, buyers remorse struck so hard. I made that decision because I wanted and OLED and wanted 65" one.

My questions to everyone here are.
  1. Even though all signs indicated that A1 DU was indeed a fresh piece And I checked all sides of the TV and there were no signs of dust or anything, is it still possible for them to recent the viewing hours counter?
  2. Showroom guys said that 3 years warranty covers burn-in damage too. Just wanted to double check this from fellow owners of LG OLED.
  3. He also said that additional 2 years of warranty can be bought for around 30k at the time of installation. Is it worth it to go for it.

I know I made that decision of going with a OLED DU, which everybody says no one should, but it was made in a rush and greed :rolleyes:

Did you audition both QN90B and C1/C2 side by side? Can you share your insights on them. LG Best Shop is offering C2 77" at 3.81L plus 20k cashback (LG G2 77" is not available anywhere). Last when I checked on QN90B, it was 3.7L plus 12k cashback in Croma. Which store offered you QN90B at 3.3L and does it include/exclude CC cashback.
The QN90B quote I received was from a newly opened retail store called Great Eastern in Gurgaon. It was 3.2L after all cashbacks (was quoted 3.5L initially but got the price down a fair bit)

I’m terms of C2 vs QN90B - I would honestly go with the OLED.
The lack of Dolby Vision IQ is a real issue in my opinion and the TV gets unreasonably bright when watching in a dark room. The C2 can regulate its brightness much better without diving into settings every time.
Also the OLED viewing angles are unbelievably wide.

In terms of day viewing - Yes the Sammy is much brighter but I honestly don’t think you’d have an issue with the OLED unless the room you’re going to placing it in will have light coming from more than 1 side.
LG will give a 5 year warranty during Diwali. Best time to get it would be then

Last edited:
I did bite the bullet and got a display unit of 65" A1 from LG shoppe with 3 years warranty and 1 year accidental insurance. As per the showroom guys the unit was installed last week only course they wanted to sell the last piece of A1.
I checked the screen hours on it it was 87 while was in line with thier statement.

I actually went to get the best quote on C2 55" and 65". But then saw this A1 one also there on display.
And to my surprise I couldn't notice any difference (maybe I'm unable to perceive such differences or maybe it was actually the same for generic content which I played on both models).

C2 55" 130k (new)
C2 65" 185k (new)
B2 65" 145k (new)
A1 65" 130k (DU)

After some bargaining they agreed on 124k (includes 6 month interest free EMI) and some OTT coupons worth 20k and an LG TWS worth 5k.

As soon as I reached home I started to doubt my decision of taking the DU, buyers remorse struck so hard. I made that decision because I wanted and OLED and wanted 65" one.

1. Even though all signs indicated that A1 DU was indeed a fresh piece And I checked all sides of the TV and there were no signs of dust or anything, is it still possible for them to recent the viewing hours counter?
  2. Showroom guys said that 3 years warranty covers burn-in damage too. Just wanted to double check this from fellow owners of LG OLED.
  3. He also said that additional 2 years of warranty can be bought for around 30k at the time of installation. Is it worth it to go for it.

I know I made that decision of going with a OLED DU, which everybody says no one should, but it was made in a rush and greed :rolleyes:
If you have picked up the display unit, you should have done some checks like the mfg date of the unit, some tests to be performed on the unit where if you can see the dead pixels or banding or the grey uniformity etc..
Its A1, so surely mfg last year, its display unit so surely been running for quite some time. LG engineers and now even store technicians have an interface where they could rest the usage hours etc. They usually are expert at making the unit look like its fresh with no dust or traces anywhere. However, since you have the warranty so you are covered to get things fixed under warranty, depending on how long the unit is used as DU in the store, you may see slightly more chances of issues showing up when compared to a fresh unit. Please make sure you have good connect/channel with the support in case if you have to resort to it in future.

"As per the showroom guys the unit was installed last week only course they wanted to sell the last piece of A1." << on this one, I'm not convinced why the unit, that too an A1 was installed just last week (they should have installed current year models a few months ago not an A1), that too in order to sell the unit!! Who disposes a unit to the display shelf to sell it? They're surely not telling you the truth or I've got it wrong.

Edit: If you have an option to top the amount with what you already paid for a newer unit, please do that, it may be lesser than the time, energy and money you pay to get issues fixed in case if that happens in future.

C2 55" 130k (new)
C2 65" 185k (new)
B2 65" 145k (new)
A1 65" 130k (DU)

B2 65 new is only 20k more. You are getting 120hertz panel plus is new. Warranties are fine but that 87 hours of display would have been nothing short of rough usage. Like without a stabiliser, would have turned off TV just like that without pixel refresh doing its job and what not. Can you go for B2 or is it a done deal? If it is done, then think positive without a buyer's remorse. That you got a great deal.

Edit: If you have an option to top the amount with what you already paid for a newer unit, please do that, it may be lesser than the time, energy and money you pay to get issues fixed in case if that happens in future.
That makes a lot of sense. I'm gonna call him and ask if I can do that. Since the TV is not delivered, they should be able to do this for me. Even though I already stretched my budget, I believe paying 15-20 more to get the peace of mind is worth it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back